Caribbean Princess pointers? What is Cafe Caribe?

jerrybev

Yes it is free. It is a casual buffet style restaurant. Though I only had a brownie in it at around Midnight with a few friends. It's open I think 24 hours and popular for lunch and casual dinners. It basically has the same furniture as Horizon Court, but I think it's slightly larger and it's laid out different. Nice views. I think it serves more tropical/seafood foods.

Heres the deckplan of the Lido Deck which the two buffets are on.

5747CBdeck.JPG

Tips:

do MAKE a reservation to the Sterling Steakhouse ( the best ) as soon as you get onboard... Forget the room , bags and head strait Promenade deck at the front of the ship in from of the Princess Theatre and make directly your reservation .... much faster than calling the concierge.

Mid ship same deck the italian restaurant . same principle

Book On line for Lotus spa... the lines are long on sailing date and everything is already book..

Don't book beach excursions on the ship... cabs are available in St thomas for megan beach ( TOP 10 beach in the world ) and St martin for orient beach for 5 bucks ... one way .. They have regular shuttle back to the ship... Forget the city tour of St Thomas it's a tourist trap ...

Shopping is best in St martin not St thomas VI .

Princess cays : Tender tickets starts at 07:00 ... each boat holds 120 passengers and only 2 exit for them on Deck 4... Wake up early that day

carribe cafe for breakfeast buffet starts at 06:00

Bring Egg shape foam mattress... the beds are extra firm...

Extension cords are great... not too many electrical socket in the room

transfer to ship is 25 each ...........for a 5 min ride to Port... consider a cab and save.

All decks are full sun... shade is at the Aft of ship for shade and mid sun...

Enjoy the movie under the stars but book early ... no fee

Read Princess Patter for next day the night before

I am so jealous cus we loved the caribean princess... Have fun , it's a beautiful ship

Alan

What is the best night to book for Sterlings? Someone mentioned that the least favorite dining room meal was "Caribbean night". Is that still on Tuesday? When are the formal nights, since the itinerary has changed (going to St. Maarten, then St. Thomas, & switch Pr. Cays from Saturday to Monday)? Thanks for all your help!!

Well it's up to you.... On formal nights you are all dressed up and will miss all the activities in the main lobby... Captain meet and greet and free cocktail hour.... Champagne or drinks... Also formal pictures are taken on the formal nights ..

Formal nights when we were there were Sunday and Thursday .

Have tux shirts dry clean for next formal night for 6 bucks 3 bucks for laundry and that was a mistake for us... My shirt smell llike a bed sheet

Everynight is great but later in the week as you settle down from the stress and really enjoy the service and ship is best too. Also on the last night have a nice dinner ... Most people are wooried about their shipboard accounts and complaining ( I guess back to the stress) . resolve shipboard account day -2 before ... and enjoy next day knowing what you .. Don't be surprise with the bill

may I recommend you buying a nice bottle of wine or champagne bring on board and pay a 10 cork fee ... atthe restuarant

Also Shows are at 8 Pm ( early seating ) and 10 PM 9 late dinning ) so plan accordingly reservations

Alan

call princess and found out when is formal nights since the itenary change ... they will know .

carribean night is sooo fun especially atthe aft of the ship whre they have a live carribean ban playing all that music that just makes your feet beat.

If you like a Limbo dancing mid ship main pool... but beware the bar is on fire.. well kinna light fire just to scare you

Other posters meant the meal served in the dining room was their least favorite on Caribbean Night; I guess they didn't like the offerings. I believe that the CB formal nights are now Tuesday and Friday, so I am no longer sure when Caribbean Night in the dining room will be. Any help?

Other posters meant the meal served in the dining room was their least favorite on Caribbean Night; I guess they didn't like the offerings. I believe that the CB formal nights are now Tuesday and Friday, so I am no longer sure when Caribbean Night in the dining room will be. Any help?

Archived