Using Internet on The Valor

Buddyjay16

I'm so confused about using the internet on the Valor. Can I rent a computer? Is there usually a big wait for computer if they have them? How much to rent? How much per minute?

I want to email home daily and have my dh and ds email me. (Yes I am taking a vacation away from them! lol! ;) ) Can you print emails from their computers (if they have them?)

I really don't want to risk lugging my laptop down there for 7 days of emails.

Thanks!

Buddyjay16

Other than the fact that it says the Valor doesn't have in-cabin WiFi [it does], the info here is correct:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

Line [if any] varies as to when you use system. If you use in the morning or after 9pm...a machine is usually available. Even when a machine isn't available...come back in about 30 minutes. Chances are one will be then

So the Valor has service in the room? REALLY? Okay then, Maybe I will lug the dang thing with me! THANKS!!!!

Michelle Rae

The prices are the same if you use your laptop or their computers, you also need to have wireless 802.11 b/g will work. The laptop is an advantage in that you can be on-line, download e-mails, log off, compose and respond, then log back on to send and receive. The connection is painfully slow if you are used to high speed.

We were on valor this past october. the internet cafe is located in a small room behind the cigar bar, so as long as you dont mind trudging thru all that smoke, go right in. you can buy increments of time, 100.00 for an hour i believe, but carnival's website has all the info. use it sparingly. if you have a wireless phone, like a blackberry or treo, you can tap right in using the internet on your device, at a fraction of the cost, or if you have the high tech device, such as a blackberry pearl or cingular 8125, u can use the built in wifi.... thats what we did. also, carnival has mobile towers on board, so some carriers, like cingular, you can actually make phone calls at sea, which is more special than an impersonal email at times, tho can be less cost effective, depending on your carrier.

one other option, using the internet in ports. starbucks in nassau give you FREE internet if you bring your own device and buy a coffee. a great deal if you ask me. hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!!:p

Archived