Life Jacket Safety Drill

kapcruiser

tef43

I do agree "The Sailway", back in the day was alot of fun! Streamers and tons of people on the pier waving G-bye!

The munster Drill yuck its hot and those live vests are nasty, but in an emergency they would be our best friend!

Anyone thinking of skipping the event DON't if they find you in your cabin you will be FINED! (so I have be told).

Happy Sailing

You are allowed to blow that whistle and turn on the light if you see a hot chick. Especially if the next ship over is the nude cruise doing their muster drill. :p

Any half way smart person wouldn't blow the whistle. No telling who blew that thing last. I am sure that they don't disinfect those things between cruises. I wouldn't want to get sick the first day.

On my last cruise, our muster station was inside in the "meeting room" (or whatever they call it). Whistles were going of every where , mostly little kids and people who had already partaken!!! then as it got very quite in the room, one of the crew said in a very solem voice "Enjoy blowing the whistles?, this boat has been on hundreds of voyages and thousands have been through this drill and that whistle has never seen Lysol!!!

The room got even quiter except for all of the spitting and gagging of those who had blown the whistle.

I will never put that in my hand let alone my mouth!!!

I remember the days of "Sailaway" when confetti was tossed overboard, crowds were on the pier waving to crowds along the ship's rails, and your Sailaway drinks were actually "fresh"...instead of being made two hours prior, placed in the infamous "souvenir glass", and put on tables on the Lido Deck, only to have the ice melt and water the drink down to something akin to really bad Kool-Aid. (Who buys those things, anyway?) Yep - Sailaway ain't what it used to be, and neither is cruising in general, but it's sure a lot cheaper these days than it was in the "old days"!

Liv....missing muster?? Tsk Tsk.

Archived