Liberty of Seas room question

jelbnl

We have a balcony and promenade across the hall for the kids (9 and 6). Do you think it would be better to have two connecting promenade rooms? I've always had a balcony and don't want to give it up, we might split up boys vs girls in the cabins at night if we're uncomfortable.

I'm with you on the balcony--can't think of any other way of cruising. Pulling the curtains tight in the promenade will help the kids sleep in a bit and perhaps allow you the pleasure of morning coffee on your balcony.

If money's no object then adjoining balconies are nice 'cause Liberty has removable balcony partitions.

Take along a baby monitor so you can hear what's going on in the room and have extra keys made for their cabin when you get on the ship so you can get in their room anytime. We did this with our 2 boys but they were older 18 and 10 and it worked very well. Your girls are younger but only you know if they are old enough to understand stay in the room and not open the door, we would keep our door open a little during the day if we are all in the cabins and the boys were back and forth all the time, they wanted the balcony too! I think I would probably be more comfortable with connecting rooms for your kids ages, can you get a connecting balcony, you can lock the balcony door so they cannot use it, otherwise the 2 Prom cabins are the way to go till they are older. We did enjoy the boys Prom room view for people watching.

Enjoy your cruise!

Bev

it's a catch 22 as i've done both ways in the past. piece of mind is being connected with in but also know that nothing will or should happen to your children. we did the mom and dad in different room due to the piece of mind thing.

just go with your gut and don't worry about what others have to say. in the end you/hubby have to live/cruise with the decision that you make.

whatever you chose have a blast!!!!!!

Archived