Newport Mansions?

We will be on the Grand in Oct. We will have to tender.(maybe all ships tender in Newport, I dont know) I was wondering if it is possible to do 4 or 5 mansions between 8 & 5? Has anyone ever done that many or how many have you done? When I talked to the man from the Preservation society, he said we could only do 2 maybe 3. Does anyone have any other ideas on this?

Thanks

Dawn Princess Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=a0522d&cdt=2003;7;21;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

• 5 years later...

These things are always subjective. My wife's family summers on Jamestown, which is the large island you see across from Newport, so we usually only do one, which takes an hour to an hour and a half. You probably have time to do 4 or 5 but I would get museum fatigue. Even when we travel, we find that more than 2 hours of museuming leaves us passing by art rather than enjoying it. If you did do only two, I would suggest The Breakers and Rosecliff. Here is a link to the mansions web site, which will give you lots more information. The Visitor Information page has a link to Packages, one of which is the three most poopular mansions (which does not include Rosecliff) plus some other stuff. It sounds like a full day. http://www.newportmansions.org/

Enjoy your visit.

Archived