Cozumel and Grand Cayman - Port Activities

Busygirl100

Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to go! Quick question - I am neither the most graceful or athletic person. Was it easy to get in and out of the boat both at stingray city and snorkeling? Ladder over the side or dive platform/stairs off the back? Thanks.:p

They had two sets of stairs off the back of the boat. We were there on an especially rough day at sea and I did get knocked around a bit. There was always one (sometimes two) members of the Moby Dick team there to help out.

I think you'll probably be ok. Good luck and have fun!

We did this my entire family loved it we had a wonderful time I wish it would have been a little longer but the actual Pirate Encounter picked us up right at the magic and tendered us to the Pirate Ship. It was great for my kids who are 5 and 10.

Pirate Encounter

Shiver me timbers! Set sail on a tender boat to one of the world's last wooden brigs, the magnificent Valhalla, where you will be greeted by pirates! Then, set sail on a 45-minute coastal cruise to Seven Mile Beach and drop anchor for a refreshing swim stop. Walk the plank and splash down into the breathtaking blue Caribbean. Then, savor the flavor of a cup of fruit or rum punch before embarking on a 30-minute journey back to the tender boat on your way to Georgetown Pier.

Port of Call: Grand Cayman Activity Type: Water Sports Activity Level: Moderate Duration: 2.5 hours Price: Adult: $35 (ages 10 and up)

Child: $25 (ages 3-9) Ages: 3 And Up Additional Information Travel time via tender boat from the pier to Vahalla, and back again, is approximately 10 minutes in each direction.

The stop

Thank you for the wonderful clear reveiw of the Moby dick. We can not wait. i also see your kids are about the same age of mine. We have a 5 (then) and 7 year old.

How long did you have to ride in the boat to get to the rays and then to get to snorkle. (motion sickness) So you do not need to take a bus just get in a boat?

Thank you for the wonderful clear reveiw of the Moby dick. We can not wait. i also see your kids are about the same age of mine. We have a 5 (then) and 7 year old.

How long did you have to ride in the boat to get to the rays and then to get to snorkle. (motion sickness) So you do not need to take a bus just get in a boat?

It only seemed like about 30 minutes to get to Sting Ray City and then maybe 5 to get to the snorkel point. We were there on a colder day, so sweatshirts came in very handy. My husband and I didn't need them, but the girls were chilly.

Ohh!!!! have fun - I am so excited for you!

We are going to Grand cayman in april 2007 on Costa Magic.

We are thinking about Moby dick. But when we wrote him he said on when do we meet. He just wrote we will let you know then? So do we hurry off with our two kids that means probley standing in line on the ship early in the moring to be one of the first of after off we wait or go in two hours. Not understanding.? We never done a shore thing before and only one cruise and was with out our kids. If you could let me know please do. I think we would love to do the sting rays and snorkle. :cool: :D

I don't know about Moby Dick, but we're booked through Soto's cruises and I promptly got an e-mail explaining where to meet, what time, and asking us to try to be among the first of the tenders off the ship. I booked this company due to the good reviews on this board as well as the Cayman Activity Guide. You may want to post questions on the Grand Cayman board and somebody may know. Good Luck!

we did the fury catamaran with our 5 y.o daughter. she's a fish in the pool or at the beach but panic at first when we first jumped into the water off the catamaran to snorkel. did great after that. beers and margaritas were flowing but no one was out of control by any means. dancing and music in transit after snokeling. beach was nice. ponies to rent for about 30 bucks for 30 seconds(sarcasm). staff was great.

it was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
It only seemed like about 30 minutes to get to Sting Ray City and then maybe 5 to get to the snorkel point. We were there on a colder day, so sweatshirts came in very handy. My husband and I didn't need them, but the girls were chilly.

Ohh!!!! have fun - I am so excited for you!

----

Great Ideal on the sweaters would have never thought of sence on a hot island and going in water. The wind would make it cold alone.

I am excited less then two months to go!

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on the Magic in March and are looking for suggestions for port activities or excursions for Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Our son will be 7 and most of the excursions in Cozumel seem to take the entire day leaving little or no time for shopping and exploring Cozumel. Any suggestions??

We are thinking about renting a car in Grand Cayman. Has anyone done this and are there any issues we should know about?:confused:

We just got back. Thanks all for the advice. We ended booking a Reef, Rays and Rum tour with Nativeways in Grand Cayman. It was wonderful. The boat only had 7 people on and while it was bit rough to snorkle the Rays and Rum Point were great.

We also did the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel. Disney kept the numbers on the boat lower than the other catamarans.

Thinking about our next cruise!!!

For a 7 year old I would in GC get the tour or find someone to do the tour that has the Turtle Farm and Sting Ray city in the submersible. Hubby and I always snorkel rights across from the ship at Eden Rock. For Cozumel rent a car jeep for about $50 or less and can have it all day. You can drive to one of the beaches like Paradise, Chakanab or Mr Sanchos. It has restraunt, massage tables, snorkel area, jet ski, horse back tours, shops,. Ten return to the ship to clean up then go about 5 blocks from the mexican flag and there is a very nice mini golf place that is run by an american. We play there every time we go.

Lexi

It was fascinating to get away from the city and to a wonderful beach. I think we traveled about 12-15 miles from the dock, and ended up doing 2-3 miles of off road driving. You get to see the real countryside of the area. Some of it is nice, but you'll gain an appreciation of the culture of the area. Your 7 year old, would enjoy the ride. One other time we did the Fury Catarmaran, and snorkel, that was a Great time. Metrowon

Archived