Past Carnival Guest discounts for other lines?

So, here's my question:

When I called my PVP about booking my FIRST carnival cruise she was quoting prices and trying to think of every possible discount she could. She said if I'd been on ANY of the cruise lines owned by Carnival (princess, NCL, ect) that I would qualify for a carnival discount. (Unfortunately, I've only been on one other cruise...RCI...their rival).

Does anyone know if this works in reverse? I'm planning a family and friends cruise for 2009 (am I thinking ahead, or what?) and since I'm paying for almost everyone, budget is of the essence. I'm planning to book Carnival just for the past guest discount but I was wondering if I'm limited. Would I qualify for a discount on NCL and princess as well?

I'm planning to book Carnival just for the past guest discount but I was wondering if I'm limited. Would I qualify for a discount on NCL and princess as well?

NCL is not affilitated in any way...

Here is the link you need:

http://vip.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/vip/

Here's the link that tells about the VIP program for Carnival and which cruise lines participate with them on it.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com

RCI (Royal Carribbean) past guest program (Crown & Anchor Society). It doesn't look like they do the same as Carnival with other cruise lines. For information - click on Crown & Anchor Society tab on the site.

Hope this helps.

newistcruiseaddict,

First of all what a nice guy! Such a generous offer to your family and friends. There is a Military discount that's offered from Carnival as well, if you're prior service.

RCI/Celebrity doesn't have the prior guest nor military discount that I am aware. They have a recognition of their past cruiser status. But I suspect if you choose the time wisely (like the first 2 weeks of December for example) and have a few cabins to be reserved you can make a good deal with any of the cruise lines. If you have a good Travel agent they can help you. My wife and I prefer to deal with the cruise lines directly, but we've only gotten 2 cabins on one cruise.

HTH

FF

Thanks!

RCI offers member certificate discounts but they're pretty miniscule. $25 off per inside room (not pp) on SPECIFIC sailings.

fastfreedie:

ummmmm "nice girl?" Yes...I'm a nice girl..LOL. Its a graduation gift to myself and my brother (seven years apart and getting our Bachelors within the same year!)...it will also be the first trip we take our kids on..and I LOVE traveling with my mom and she's never cruised...and I hate to pay single passenger rates so I threw her in to boot. WOW...did that make sense? Past military, yes, qualify, no. Unfortunately (and mabey reasonably as well?) you have to be honorably discharged. LONG story.

Thanks miles and mrdood...heading off to check out that link now!

Archived