Sign and Sail Accounts and Teen

purplekisses

I tried to seach but came up with a blank page. I hope someone can answer my question.

My family and I are planning a cruise, there will be me, husband, son (16), daughter (15), son (9) and sister-in-law(15). We are booking with Carnival Cruise line for a 4 day cruise on the Paradise, my parents will be joining us. This is the first cruise for all going. My question is about teens charging to my account. I will be getting to cabins for my family and my parents will get their own. Now I know that the arcade uses both quarters and they can charge to the sign and sail account, which sends up a big red flag with me. I don't want to end my cruise with a huge surprise because my kids went over their budget. Is there a way to limit their spending, does each cabin have its own account, can I put a cash deposit for them, how do others handle this situation? Thanks for any help you can give me.:confused:

• 4 months later...

Wondering this same thing. Do they need money for anything if they are participating in Adventure program? do they get arcade time while in program? If they have the soft drink package, they won't need to pay for drinks. Just wondering what they could need money for? Has anyone set limit for daily spending, is this an option or is it best to have card not active for charges.

We've sailed with our teens on Carnival 3 times. When you check in, you can ask that they do not have charging priviledges on their sail and sign cards. That's what we've done on all of our cruises. Their automatic tips will show up on your sail and sign account. If you want to buy them a soda card, just buy it with your card once you get on board. They can bring their own $$ for the arcade (but they'll probably be so busy doing other things they won't spend much time in there). There's really nothing else on the ship they NEED to buy. If they want something from the gift shop they can always ask you.

Archived