Questions on booking a Balcony Guarantee

SEA SOUNDS

I booked a balcony guarantee for the end of february and want to know when I will find out what my room number is? I usually book selecting a cabin number but tried the guarantee this time. I went to carnival's site and tried to order a few gifts for hubby and could not because I did not know the room number. Is there a way to find out the room prior to sailing? Will it be in my documents when I receive them? I like to order gifts online because I can print off the receipt and bring it with me. This way there is no question on whether I ordered it.

Please help me find out my room number!!!!! Any ideas, suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated. I know there are some of you out there who have run into this and want to know what you did to find out your room number.

Thanks so much

If you really want to find your cabin number and have an hour or so free, it can be done.

You will need to have your ship's deck plans handy. Go to the carnival site and order a gift for yourself and plug in a balcony cabin number. Keep repeating this process using a new cabin number until you hit upon the correct one and voilà! :D

It is best to work one deck at a time methodically so you don't skip any cabins. Good luck and have fun!:p

All of the quick backdoors have been shut down, so you are pretty much left with the long method described above (and that might not end up being your final cabin). If you wait for your docs, they may or may not list your room. It is possible that you won't know for sure until you check your bags with the porters and look at the manifest.

...even if you found your room it can change right up to the day of sailing, so don't excited, we booked a BL gty were upgraded, then downgraded, it is best to not get your hopes up.

There is a very strong chance you may not find out what cabin you booked until you arrive at the pier, you will get gray tags, they work great, fill them out, then ask the porter what room you are in and write the room number in the space, they take great care in delivering the bags with gray tags.

If you need to order something, you will just have to call the provided 800 number.

Good Luck!

We have a bal. guarantee and at first, I was VERY curious about the room number, but now I'm treating it as though it were a regular hotel. You don't always know where you'll stay in a hotel and 9 times out of 10, the location doesn't really bother me. (I have no problems walking and I sleep like the dead.) :D

I'm not sure the long method works anymore! I booked a Balcony GTY and I have tried several times with no cabin being found. I sail in 27 days and have not gotten my docs yet to see if a cabin is listed but I have given up hope of finding out until I get to the ship!

Good luck!

PS TA just called and He mailed my docs on saturday! So keeping my fingers crossed!

I got my docs yesterday in the mail and they have assigned me a cabin on the Empress deck forward # 7216! Would not have been my first choice but hey I'm in a balcony on the Conquest how bad can it be! I've only been in one forward cabin and it was a little rockier than mid ship but I just take my bonine and I'm just fine. One plus for this cabin is there are cabins above & below and we are really close to the forward elevators! Look for the up side in everything!

I got my docs yesterday in the mail and they have assigned me a cabin on the Empress deck forward # 7216! Would not have been my first choice but hey I'm in a balcony on the Conquest how bad can it be! I've only been in one forward cabin and it was a little rockier than mid ship but I just take my bonine and I'm just fine. One plus for this cabin is there are cabins above & below and we are really close to the forward elevators! Look for the up side in everything!

That is not a bad location at all, on the Liberty we were on the same side, but back closer to the Atrium 6274 if I remember correctly, we were very close to the Elevators, noise was not an issue.

The only thing I don't like about your location is your balcony is less private, their is a public deck on top of the bridge that will have a pretty clear view of your balcony, which is fine unless you need privacy :p

• 8 years later...

If you can recall from 7 years ago, I was just curious how room 7216 worked out for you?! I just booked it tonight and it was no where near where I wanted to be, but the only place I could book 2 rooms next to each other :( Please tell me good things!!