VOS excursions, NYC harbor tour?

Hi, this will be my first cruise on Royal Caribbean and my first trip to the Northeast so I have some quick questions for people back from the new Voyager/ Canada cruise. I am planning on going on the NYC harbor cruise, did anyone do this excursion before leaving? Was it fun and where did you meet for it? Also what were the good excursions in St John and Halifax? Anyone do the Bay of Fundy offered by the ship or go whale watching in Halifax? Thanks so much for the info!!

• 1 year later...
We did a Carnival cruise to Halifax and St. John's 2 years ago. In Halifax we took the ship's excursion to Peggy's Cove. It's a quaint little fishing village and we had a nice time walking around the rocks overlooking the water. When we got back to the ship, we walked along the pier to a Crystal factory where we watched them blowing the glass and making the crystal, and of course bought a piece. There was lots going on along the pier, musicians, mimes, etc. In St John we took the tour to the Moosehead Brewery( DH had to see it) and tour of the town which included the Bay of Fundy. In my opinion the Brewery was a total waste of time as we didn't get to see anything there. There were other tours to the Bay of Fundy. If you could get there when the tides change it is really something to see.

Carnival Victory 7/03
Star Princess 11/05
Radiance of the Seas 9/05

Archived