Which Charter do I take!

CruisingCatherine

Ding, ding, ding....We have a winner! Booked the Rumbaba for March. I emailed Capt. Bobby, he promptly replied and we completed the reservation with a phone call (I'm cheap, I called on my cell phone and St Thomas is part of my nationwide plan). Honestly, I think all the charters looked good and each will deliver a great sail. I think it's a good day to get off island. 6 cruise ships will be docked that day.

2 questions: Were you able to book with just 2 of you? I emailed Capt. Bobby and he told me I would need to find others to join us. I haven't been able to find anyone yet.

How do you know how many cruise ships will be in port?

Mindi

I would like to thank you for your list. We sailed on the Alaunt last week(1/30) and it was the highlight of our trip. From start to finish it was a day to remember. Capt. Ron and Carol made us feel right at home and treated us royally. I cannot wait to get back there one day and would recommend this trip to anyone!

Just wondering if it was just your family on board of if others were on as well. We have a family of 5 and we are considering a day sail in November.

I've found room with Alaunt, Captain Max's and Interline. Any trip details someone wants to share about the above would help me make my decision. We want to try some 'hand's on' sailing while seeing some of St. John's beautiful beaches and snorkeling in fish-filled waters. I'd also like a Captain/ crew that would be enjoyable for six hours! We are veteran snorkelers and nature lovers, so a knowledgable crew is appreciated. :)

My wife and I were on the Alaunt last week and it was the highlight of our trip. the snorkeling was great and we were treated like kings by Capt. Ron and Carol. I am not sure about the hands-on part, you would have to talk to him about it, but you won't be disappointed with this boat.

PTN96

I will enclose a copy of the email sent to/recieved back from Capt. Bobby. I think he had 4 pax lined up and we just rounded out the charter. I do not recall the website that lists the ships in St Thomas on any given day, but I found it combing through these message boards. Good luck!

> Hi,

>

> We'll be in St. Thomas on March 21, 2007 and would like to inquire about a

> full daysail for 2. Can you fit us in?

>

> Arriving on HAL Westerdam. Scheduled port times are 8:00 am through 6:00

> pm.

>

> Regards,

>

> Kevin & Sylvia

Hi Kevin! We have 2 spots open on the 21st! The cost is 125pp credit

115pp cash. To book, call us or give us a number to call you! Capt Bobby

340 777 2155 evenings

• 2 weeks later...

Archived