Rock and Rolling on the Legend

afdds

Booked on Legend for April 29th. Getting a little worried about a few things that I have seen floating around the boards. I sailed in 03 on the Legend and loved it, however, have things changed?

1. I've read a lot about the motion on the Legend. I did a cruise on her back in 03 in December. I remember a few rough days through the strait. A lot of people have been complaining about how rough she is. Is this the design of the Legend or just mother nature? Do you think the waters will be smoother at the end of April or worse than Dec.

2. Can't find a lot of possitive information about the dining room. I'm not picky but getting a little worried. We have decided to plan a couple of meals at the supper club. DH loves the supper clubs.

Thanks for the help!

When I was on her last month the roughness was purely weather not the ship. On the food - I was actually impressed given the quantity they're serving. The cuts were good, it was cooked as close to properly as I'd expect, everything tasted great. I did get one steak well when ordered medium however given the amount of attention demanded by another table our waiter was handling I had no problem with it (they were classic annoying older yankees who felt they were the only ones he should pay attention to) - I didn't care enough to have him get me another which he would have gladly done. Basically don't go in there expecting 4 Star food, they can't do it.

We didn't do the supper club although I heard it was as always fantastic.

We were on the Legend in Oct on a very short 2 night Cruise to Nowhere out of NY. The first night the seas were very calm and I barely felt the ship move. You really had to stop and concentrate to feel any slight movement at all. The next day was another story. The seas were very rough because of a storm and the ship rocked a lot. So I would say that if the seas are really rough you will feel it on any size ship. Just remember that the largest cruise ship in the world compared to the ocean is just a tiny dot.

The food was excellent and so was the service.

Don't worry and have a great time. :D

When I was on her last month the roughness was purely weather not the ship. On the food - I was actually impressed given the quantity they're serving. The cuts were good, it was cooked as close to properly as I'd expect, everything tasted great. I did get one steak well when ordered medium however given the amount of attention demanded by another table our waiter was handling I had no problem with it (they were classic annoying older yankees who felt they were the only ones he should pay attention to) - I didn't care enough to have him get me another which he would have gladly done. Basically don't go in there expecting 4 Star food, they can't do it.

We didn't do the supper club although I heard it was as always fantastic.

We were on the Legend the same week and, unfortunately, I was not as impressed with the food in the dining room the first few nights of the cruise. It was our seventh cruise on Carnival and just was not the same quality of food (or level of preparation) we have grown accustomed to getting on our cruises. One cut of beef was so tough, I had trouble cutting through it and gave up after a few bites. Now, on the other hand, the last few nights of the cruise almost everything we ordered was much better. I remember joking with my husband that they must have picked up a new chef in St. Maarten. Also, I've read a few comments from those who were on the Legend the week after us (Christmas cruise) and they had nothing but good things to say about the food. I'd say, either they got their act together or really did find someone who knows how to cook. ;)

We ate at the Golden Fleece one night and the food was amazing there! Definitely worth the money, especially for a special occasion.

As others have stated, it's more due to the weather than anything. If you get rough enough seas, anything will rock. I'm still on the Legend for one more day, and we had all of maybe one day of calm seas (leaving Costa Rica going north along the Mosquito Coast). Other than that, winds were high (30-45 knots) and we had rough seas the entire journey route... FLL to eastern Cuba to Panama, then to Costa Rica, no Belize :( and back around western Cuba towards the Keys. Talking to other people on the ship, this has been a rocky voyage and pretty much anything will rock with seas/winds like this.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Legend...just wish we had calmer seas.

Archived