First Cruise w/RC on Mariner #9502 back of ship

gomeztravel

hi everyone. This is our first cruise on RCI. My husband thought it would be different if we booked a cabin on the back of this ship, #9502. Has anyone ever had this room? We have been on 6 NCL cruises and always had a balcony. How is the food on the Mariner? any comments would be appreciated :)

hi everyone. This is our first cruise on RCI. My husband thought it would be different if we booked a cabin on the back of this ship, #9502. Has anyone ever had this room? We have been on 6 NCL cruises and always had a balcony. How is the food on the Mariner? any comments would be appreciated :)

when looking at deck plans the front of the ship is on the top of the page-

9502 is located across the front of the ship--NOT the aft

www.cruiseclues.com

I don't know about the room, but I can tell you that the food is fantastic. The dining room is beautiful also. I highly recommend trying the "specialty" dining in "Chops". It's an extra $20 but so well worth it. We tipped them another $40 - it was fantastic! You also have the best cruise director on that ship that I have ever seen.. Becky. I hear she is going to another ship - hopefully not until after your cruise. She is amazing. Have fun!

We took our first cruise on the Mariner the week after Thanksgiving. My son and his wife went on the same cruise this past April and raved about the service, food, etc. We had the same experience. It was such a wonderful time! Food, service was all just wonderful. And someone mentioned Becky as the cruise director.....what an exciting person! Just did a marvelous job the whole 7 days. We are now spoiled with RCCL!! The only problem we had was one of the bar tenders helped themselves to an extra tip (extra $5 or $10) when I bought a endless coke for the week. Entertainment was outstanding. There was more that enough to do on the ship if you didn't want to go ashore. Our server was Landon....couldn't say enough about the way he treated us! Our room attendant was great as well. Although I was never invited to sit at the Captain's table I would take this ship again without reservations.

Archived