So now what happens?

bubbles1209

Right now I know that when you fly, you can only have liquids of 3oz., and it has to be in a clear zip-lock bag for carry-on. So now what happens when you buy duty-free liquor? Can you pack it in your checked baggage & take the risk of it breaking? If they go through your checked luggage, will they take it out? How do ya get it back home? DH asked me the other night, and I had no clue what to tell him. Anyone know?

You cannot carry your liqour through security, however can carry on the whatever liquids (including liquor) you purchase once you get through security. This works out better for those of us who are coming from outside the U.S. You can buy your liqour at duty free at the airport once you get through security then carry it on the plane. The only problem arises when you have a domestic connecting flight, you have to claim your bag and pack any liquids in your bag before going through security for your next flight.

Archived