Summit

woodmill100

We had hoped to go to Alaska this September on Summit but have decided to wait until May next year to save a little more and get the choice of cabins. We would really like to have a suite so I'd be interested to hear thoughts from anyone about which suite numbers you have been in and were they worth the extra money.

Also, if we don't go for a suite, we'll definitely go for concierge class cabin. Does anyone have any recommendation for cabin numbers. I presume the back of the ship will have the best ones?

Want to be as prepared as possible for the release of the 2008 dates.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

Any of the 12 aft facing CC cabins on decks 7,8 or 9 would be great. Decks 7 & 8 preferred. Some have complained of noise on deck 9 aft.

Also the 6 FV cabins on the same decks. Outside FV cabins preferred for bigger balconies. CC 6135, 6136, 6143 & 6144 (preferred).

Enjoy your cruise.

John, notice that you have been on summit several times to Alaska,we will be on the southbound Summit from Seward this Sept. we have cabin 6144 on starboard side. In you opinion Do we need to be on Port side or Starboard for the best views of Glaciers? Thanks, any other tips for the ports?

Thanks , Paul ... also What about a forward Balacony?

Thank you for your help. There is so much to decide it is quite overwhelming!

We were in Sky Suite # 8117 in Dec.2006 and really loved it. The balcony is not huge ut we had a lounge put out there by our butler as well as the 2 chairs and table that were there originally.

The location, IMO, is perfect...just a couple of steps from the elevators (not adjacent) and quite near the library which is terrific on this ship.

We also were very fortunate in having Enrickkee as our butler...personable, professional, an all around nice guy.

By the way...really did enjoy having the extra sized room for our 14 day cruise.

Any more questions, just ask.

Marilyn

In you opinion Do we need to be on Port side or Starboard for the best views of Glaciers? Thanks, any other tips for the ports?

Thanks , Paul ... also What about a forward Balacony?

Either side is fine for viewing glaciers. The ship will turn so that both sides get good views. I would suggest you go to the Alaska thread on Ports of Call to get a variety of suggestions.

I'm not sure what you are asking about a forward balcony. Not as good a location as mid or rear in rough seas in my opinion. Not as good for convenience either. That said, the seas may not be bad for the little amount of time a north or southbound Alaska cruise is at sea. Much of the cruise is in the Inside Passage, which is sheltered by islands.

Also, a little walking from forward cabins may be good for using up the calories.

We were in Sky Suite # 8117 in Dec.2006 and really loved it. The balcony is not huge ut we had a lounge put out there by our butler as well as the 2 chairs and table that were there originally.

The location, IMO, is perfect...just a couple of steps from the elevators (not adjacent) and quite near the library which is terrific on this ship.

We also were very fortunate in having Enrickkee as our butler...personable, professional, an all around nice guy.

By the way...really did enjoy having the extra sized room for our 14 day cruise.

Any more questions, just ask.

Marilyn

Marilyn, thanks. Just the sort of info we need. Getting quite excited now!

Hi,

I realize you're considering CC class, but wanted to share this info: There are 16 cabins on Summit on Deck 6 that have oversized balconies...almost 2.5 times as large as others in a 2C category. I thank those who post on these boards for sharing this info with me (it's not visable on the deck plans). I was able to book one of these cabins for my Nov. 9 2007 sailing to Hawaii.

Those cabin numbers are: even 6016 to 6030, inclusive and odd 6021 to 6035, inclusive.

This will be my first Celebrity cruise, and I'm so excited. I had my first balcony on a March 2006 sailing to the Panama Canal on an RCCL (Brilliance) and "lucked out" by getting assigned to one of their oversized balconies (everyone else in my party of 20 had regular sized balconies). Extra large balcony was wonderful for going through the partial Canal transit. It would be great for Alaska viewing as well. You could use the savings from the CC class for additional shore excursions or for your bar tab!

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise!

Regards,

We had hoped to go to Alaska this September on Summit but have decided to wait until May next year to save a little more and get the choice of cabins. We would really like to have a suite so I'd be interested to hear thoughts from anyone about which suite numbers you have been in and were they worth the extra money.

Also, if we don't go for a suite, we'll definitely go for concierge class cabin. Does anyone have any recommendation for cabin numbers. I presume the back of the ship will have the best ones?

Want to be as prepared as possible for the release of the 2008 dates.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

Hi. Here are the favorite cabins on the Summit which I found on the boards:

SS-6131,6132,6145,6146

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

Hope you get just the cabin you want. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived