Bumped out of *Cabin

afdds

Hi Irish, next time you book and you're not sure if you son can go with or not, why not book a cabin ( you can pick them in the deck plans) that can accomadate 3 and then if it works out you can add a person. If you're bumped then you're bumped. I guess thats how I would handle it. People choose cabins for perks or preferences, or to be near their teens or younger adults in a close cabin, and those that plan ahead to a T shouldn't have to be bumped for a just in case IMO. But preplaning can sure save disappointment later. Cheers

Never heard of this! From the cruise TAs that I have worked with on my previous trips, I learned when booking a specific cabin number, you will be assigned that cabin number. However, if you book a guarantee, you are taking a slight gamble; you could be anywhere within the category you book. For example you book an outside guarantee, you might be at the 'low' end or the 'high' end of that category. Remeber CCL has most cabins in the outside category. In fact the outside guarantee rate you pay, may be higher in price that the category you are assigned! Personally, I have not heard of this happening. If you have your heart set on the wrap around balcony, my TAs inform you should book the cabin by its number at deposit time to insure it is yours when you board the ship. One thing I have heard throughout twenty years of cruising, most cruise lines are reluctant to move a passenger to another cabin. Only once did this happen to us; I was quarantined due to NORWALK in Europe. My friend was quickly moved to another cabin to keep her from getting sicker, she was not as sick as me! What made me sick, you might ask? The only meal eaten was a hamburger at the casual cafe's grill on the day of embarkation. It was not CCL, but Celebrity and they knocked themselves out to "make it right" for me. Once I recovered, I continued to receive special treatment from all ship employees.

This is not always the case. We booked a specific spa deck cabin for our Victory cruise through an internet website that starts with an "E." I was checking prices one day and saw that the price had dropped. I called "E" to see about getting a refund or OBC. To my surprise, Carnival upgraded us to an 8I; if I hadn't called, I wouldn't have known until our docs came. We were excited about the balcony and got the lower price.

What I meant was, when I have booked with a TA and specified a cabin number, I was told that I would have that cabin number and would not be considered for upgrades. I generally specify a cabin number to be near a specific area, e.g, mid-ship, 4-5 cabins away from elevator and stairwell to avoid higher traffic-but still be close to 'em.

Again, my experience has been when I provide a cabin number, e.g. 8273, I have always had the cabin I specified. When I have booked a guarantee, I have always been pleased with the cabin assignment; sometimes it was a cabin I would have selected OR an upgrade [early booking and frequent sailing also helps per my TA].

Marne,

We did book a specific cabin number. Since there are 5 in my family we thought we would try a spa deck cabin, sometimes referred to as a family stateroom. These cabins have more room than others. We choose a very specific cabin, since they are close by to Camp Carnival. We never mentioned to the TA that we would be interested in a balcony cabin.

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but you can book a specific cabin, and you can be moved. It happened to us.

What I meant was, when I have booked with a TA and specified a cabin number, I was told that I would have that cabin number and would not be considered for upgrades.

Again, my experience has been when I provide a cabin number, e.g. 8273, I have always had the cabin I specified.

Well, that's not true. As I mentioned earlier, I was moved. From a room that I "booked with a TA and specified a cabin number".

To this day, I don't know what it was. The day before the cruise (yes, the DAY BEFORE!!!), I got TWO sets of docs, one for each room! :confused: One was for 5299, and the other 7302.

Granted, the second set was two decks higher.

To this day, I don't know what it was. The day before the cruise (yes, the DAY BEFORE!!!), I got TWO sets of docs, one for each room! :confused: One was for 5299, and the other 7302.

Granted, the second set was two decks higher.

Which cabin did you stay in and what type of cabins were these?

Both were regular Cat 8 Aft cabins with an extended balcony.

When I checked in, I was simply given the keys to 7302.

I wondered all week if someone was in the other cabin, always looking down (which is quite easy in the read, from deck 9 down to deck 5), and eventually did see someone out there.

Wow, I never thought about that, but wouldn't it make you mad if you saw someone in the cabin that you had booked. I guess only if the upgrade was good. I really don't think of going up extra decks in the same location an upgrade, but I guess it is.

• 3 weeks later...

My PVP was trying to get me a cabin with an * this morning for the Freedom in April, 2008. We could not take any cabins marked for 3 people, as the system won't even let them do that at this point, as this ship will probably sell out, being so new. However, 6458 is a 2-person cabin, and what we decided on. 2-person cabins do not have sofas, I learned this morning.

LeeoTampa

Freedom April 2008

Legend May 2007

Sensation Thanksgiving, 2006 (and I would NEVER do this one again)

Miracle March 2006

. However, 6458 is a 2-person cabin, and what we decided on. 2-person cabins do not have sofas, I learned this morning.

I have stayed in lots of balcony cabins for two people and only one cabin did not have a sofa. They dont have convertible sofa beds but do have sofas.

ALL Inside cabins do not have sofas at all

My PVP was trying to get me a cabin with an * this morning for the Freedom in April, 2008. We could not take any cabins marked for 3 people, as the system won't even let them do that at this point, as this ship will probably sell out, being so new.

We were 3 in a aft wrap around suite that was marked *. I had to cancel one of the people out and Carnival and my TA told me that only if the sailing was marked as "restricted" would there be a problem. The PVP at Carnival checked our sailing and told me that this wasn't a restricted sailing and so we'd be left where we were. This is for a March 11 sailing too.

Kim

Archived