Infants in Pools....helping others break rules..disgusting

sharecruises

...I get more grossed out from the big fat smelly adults going in the hot tubs!! You know..the same ones who don't wash their hands in the bathroom and then reach for food in the buffet...

Hmmm... and the assumption is??? The thin people are always sweet, clean and odor-free? And the thin people always wash their hands prior to reaching for food in the buffet? Right...yeah...uh-huh... :rolleyes:

My, my, my... you are in denial if you think skinny people can't be every bit as rank and nasty as big people. I've seen (and smelled) people of all sizes I do not wish to share pool water with...

There are classy people, large and small, who wouldn't dream of spreading illness due to negligence of personal hygiene or put their babies in a pool to contaminate others.

And then, there are not-so-classy people, large and small, who really don't care and go the attitude of me, me, me...

When it comes to public manners, it's your personal choice. High class, or low class.

I have three children all older, but I would have gotten upset if I was told that I couldn't bring my children in the pool in a swim diaper. That is why they make them!!!

Also not to be gross but just think about all those adults that do nasty things in the hot tubs and pools when no body else is around.

It's posts like these that get peoples BP up.:rolleyes: *It's my vacation, I paid for it yada yada yada*...

You mean like have sex in the pools or hot tub?

Wow this is a gross subject. Let's take a dip in the toilet on the Lido deck!

I get anxious when I see a parent bringing an infant with swim diapers into the pool. Why? Because I know from having three kids that swim diapers will not keep everything in. Infants poop and pee at random. At public pools there is usually an infant pool that is there for a reason - it usually has an extra high dose of chlorine to keep down on the stuff that will make you sick. Guess what? The cruise ship has a pool for infants near the Kids Club. The cruise line put that pool there for parents to enjoy with their kids.

I don't want to even think about adults peeing in the pool. I'm not sure we need to compare adults to infants anyway. An adult has a choice and obviously should make the appropriate decision. An infant is an infant. I wouldn't blame an infant for peeing or pooping in the pool - I expect it!!

CCL enforces thier "Pool" rules the same way they enforce thier other rules.

They don't.

And you really do not expect the rule breaking portion of the pax to all of a sudden go into a "following the rules" mode?!?!?!?

That is why I stay far away from the pool on a ship!

I have three children all older, but I would have gotten upset if I was told that I couldn't bring my children in the pool in a swim diaper. That is why they make them!!! Also not to be gross but just think about all those adults that do nasty things in the hot tubs and pools when no body else is around. And they are leaving stuff floating around in the water. So maybe for those people who complain should just stay had home, in their own pools or hot tubs!!!Germs are everywhere!!!

We don't make the rules, and Carnival doesn't.. .the CDC does, and they are the ones that state no diapers of any kind... they also state that a swim diaper will not contain loose stool... so no, they don't work. They make them for use in CHLORINATED POOLS!!! Why is that so hard to understand? Why should WE have to stay home because of YOUR child???? When was the last time you heard of an outbreak due to urine? Or semen?? Now, what about eColi??? All it takes is a little sense...

My point is...Will you at least agree that fecal matter can come from a variety of people, not only the babies? If so, isn't the problem bigger than babies in diapers? Shouldn't this thread be titled "poop in the pool, disgusting!".

Yes, I agree that the rules are in place for everyones safety and enjoyment so YES we should all follow them. But sometimes it seems that the rules are very easily "worked around". Not right, but done.

This isn't a rule put in place so the cruiseline can make more money (alcohol), this isn't a rule put in place so everyone can enjoy themselves (chair saving)... this is a SAFETY regulation put in place by the CDC... NOT Carnival... so it doesn't matter what else we find disgusting, this is a health regulation!!! Why is that so difficult to understand for some people?? OBVIOUSLY the CDC thinks it is serious enough... So why would anyone not be upset about THIS rule being worked around?? When it could affect not only your health, but everyone's help on the ship (these diseases DO spread like wild) A virus such as this can KILL children and people with a suppressed immune system, as well as elderly... and make normally healthy people very ill... I just don't get it. WHY? So a toddler can swim? Please... if it's that important, take a different vacation until your child is potty trained... or grow some and tell your toddler no. Seems like the only 2 choices...

OBVIOUSLY the CDC thinks it is serious enough... So why would anyone not be upset about THIS rule being worked around?? When it could affect not only your health, but everyone's help on the ship (these diseases DO spread like wild)

Not only "could" it affect you, but there are umpteen documented cases where it HAS affected people and been traced directly to infants having bowel movements in pools - period!

Archived