Bonine

kapcruiser

I get carsick on a regular basis driving anywhere intown or out of state. I was very nervous about getting seasick. I took the Bonine the day before we left and then every night on the ship also and never felt sick at all. It did very wel for me and I took it at night before bed so it didn't make me drowsy during the day either.

Have a great cruise.

I took it the whole week on board, just in case. I don't usually get sea sick, but have twice in my life. That's enough for me, so one little pill every morning and I'm good to go. I had NO side effects at all. :)

Stefanie

Meclizine is another good one to take.Same ingredients as Dramamine but without the drowsiness. I also take one everyday just to be sure. I got a bad case of Vertigo on a Plane once,and ever since I am afraid to go without it for flying or cruising. This I first got from my Doctor,but now I find it at Target . A box of 32 for around $ 5. Or else if you have a doctors appt in the near future, ask for a prescription of Meclizine,. With Medical Ins. sometimes it is cheaper.

Meclizine and Bonine are the same drug......Bonine is a trade name and you will pay more for it versus the generic name, Meclizine. Dramamine is a different drug that will cause lots more drowsiness. I've had lots of luck with meclizine, even giving it to my 11 year old daughter without drowsiness.

We did not want to take Bonine because we knew we would be drinking.... plus we did not want to risk the drowsiness.... I took a bottle of ginger caps, we took a couple an hour prior to sailaway, one at sailaway.... never had a problem. I have always taken it when I have had the flu... best anti-nausea remedy ever, and no side effects.

Bear in mind, when shopping for Meclizine (the generic drug which carries the Bonine brand), if you go to the pharmacist and ask for generic Meclizine, you'll get a much better deal. Bonine tends to run around $5 for 8 pills. Meclizine tends to run around $4 for 50 to 100 pills. You can make friends. :)

Meclizine tends to run around $4 for 50 to 100 pills. You can make friends. :)
I got a bottle of 100 meclazine at Walmart for our cruise two years ago for $5 (the pharmacists ordered it for me). The pills were good until November of 2004 so we had to book another cruise this summer to use them up before they expired. ;) I would hate to let good pills go to waste! :o ...even had to invite friends along to make sure we didn't have any left!

Archived