Thanks to CC, Just got an OBC

I've certainly taken away some valuable information from you CC'rs, but I have to say - nothing better than the fact that if the price of my cruise went down, I could get an OBC. I am sailing in 5 weeks on the Miracle (got my docs on Wednesday) and happened to notice a price drop today. Even though the cruise was paid off in December, I called CCL and within minutes, we had a $100 pp OBC.

The best part of all - is we basically got a 2nd cabin for free. We started out with a certificate for a free cruise for 2 - cruise, taxes, gratuities, etc, all included. We added our kids on at 3rd and 4th passenger rates. After reading some good information here, I switched us to 2 connecting cabins and, by splitting DH and me up (both past cruisers) on the booking, and with our past cruiser discount, the second cabin only cost $200 more. Now, with the OBC, the $200 disappears and we basically got the second cabin for what it would have cost if all 4 of us stayed in one cabin!!!! Understandably, they don't give OBC for "free cruises" so we wouldn't have received an OBC if we all stayed in the free cabin. I hope that makes sense.

Sooooo.... we have 2 connecting balcony cabins on the Verandah deck, for the price of 3/4 passengers in a single cabin, we leave in 5 weeks and I have an OBC to boot! I'm doing the happy dance for sure!

Thank you, CC'rs, for all of the valuable information. I never would have even thought to call and ask for an adjustment. if it weren't for all of you.

Archived