too old for whitewater rafting??!! NOT!

cindyjay

I just tried to book the ww rafting excursion through Celebrity. I couldn't book because they think that at 61 my husband is too old!!!!!!!! This really ticks me off! :mad: He is in better physical shape than most!

So now I'm looking for an independent rafting excursion. Just rafting as I've already done all the zip lines and sloth stuff........

Suggestions please!

I find that interesting since I am 60 (almost 61) and just went white water rafting in Limon through Carnival. It was a lot of fun and I did not find it particularly strenuous. My only "complaint" was that I wished we had more time on the river.

Although there were private vendors, we choose to take a ship excursion because we had a relatively short stay in Limon and were concerned about getting back to the ship on time.

I did research rafting prior to leaving and found out that some of the private vendors mentioned on this board do offer a rafting excursions so I would contact a few and get the details.

I just tried to book the ww rafting excursion through Celebrity. I couldn't book because they think that at 61 my husband is too old!!!!!!!! This really ticks me off! :mad: He is in better physical shape than most!

So now I'm looking for an independent rafting excursion. Just rafting as I've already done all the zip lines and sloth stuff........

Suggestions please!

cindyjay,

I booked a white water rafting excursion independently thru Carol Brown--Oscar Browns sister. I've read a lot of threads about this tour company & every one had nothing but good things to say. There e-mail is limonense03@yahoo.com You can pretty much customize you tour:)

We had the same problem on RCCL as my son was a few months short of being 12. You can't book privately unless you have at least 5 people. What we did was when we got on the ship, went to the shore excursion desk, filled out a form for 3 adult tickets ( no age needed) and they were delivered to our room.

I really doubt that they cross reference the excursion bookings with your account info, so why don't you just shave a couple of years off his age to make him eligible. If they do catch it, you can just say it was a typo and do it privately.

Archived