Need an excurion for 25 year olds

Cassie2002

My fiance and I are going to be on our honeymoon cruise. We were origionally going to do the Lord sheffield day sail. But our ship comes in at 11 am and he leaves at 11...so it won't work. We don't want to drive around in a car or lay on a beach all day. Is there anything else to do?

There are several other catamaran or sailboat day trips. Just do a google search or look around these boards some more. But, my friend and I (both 25) are going to rent a car at the pier and drive around the whole island ourselves. I know you said you didn't want to drive aroudn all day (and we don't either!)...but we want to see as much as possible at our own pace....and this was the most economical and practical way to do it. The car is only about $60 total, including insurance.

We plan to head west from the port, hitting Simpson Bay beaches and shopping, going around to the French side, stopping at Marigot, Orient Beach, etc. Basically, we are going to circumnavigate the island at our own pace. We'll stop if we feel like it, keep going if we don't. Our goal is to return the car with 2-3 hrs to spare before we have to return to the ship, so we'l have time to explore the Great Bay area right there around Philipsburg at the port.

There are several other catamaran or sailboat day trips. Just do a google search or look around these boards some more. But, my friend and I (both 25) are going to rent a car at the pier and drive around the whole island ourselves. I know you said you didn't want to drive aroudn all day (and we don't either!)...but we want to see as much as possible at our own pace....and this was the most economical and practical way to do it. The car is only about $60 total, including insurance.

We plan to head west from the port, hitting Simpson Bay beaches and shopping, going around to the French side, stopping at Marigot, Orient Beach, etc. Basically, we are going to circumnavigate the island at our own pace. We'll stop if we feel like it, keep going if we don't. Our goal is to return the car with 2-3 hrs to spare before we have to return to the ship, so we'l have time to explore the Great Bay area right there around Philipsburg at the port.

Cassie2002 In 2005 we chartered a catamaran for the entire day and probably had the best shore excursion in all our 7 cruises!! The captain is Neil Roebert and his email address is Neil@caribserve.net. His catamaran is called the Celine - he supplies a gourmet lunch, snorkel equipment, and will go where ever you want to go. We've booked him again for March 2007. The web address is http://www.sailstmaarten.com/

We had 4 in our party and we found 6 more here on cruisecritic in the rollcall thread for our ship and sailing. It was an amazing day for 95$ per person! To answer your question, we did have to commit to the whole amount.

The Loterie Tree Farm zip lines was a ton of fun! It is on the French side, we caught a bus off the ship, it was well worth the $$ I was concerned that it was going to be very strenuous, so my husband (who has a heart condition) didn't go. But it wasn't bad at all, he could have easily done it. If you do this excursion, be one of the first on the zip lines so that you can get done faster, and have time to eat at the restaurant at the bottom of the hill (the only restaurant) they have great food, especially the Crab Cakes and banana daquiris.

Archived