Pre-cruise in Galveston......

ebby870

anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Galveston? we've already booked parking but need a good hotel........

If you are looking for a really nice place.....try the Galvez.....beautiful, wonderful service, shuttle to the pier and free parking for the week. We've also stayed at the Baymont, brand new, not as pricey but your car is less secure and you must call a taxi to the pier. We've already got the Galvez reserved for May. Good luck!!

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort. It was a good price and good location. It was right on the beach along the seawall. It had a nice pool and outdoor tiki bar that overlooked the beach. There were alot of shops and restaurants near by. I don't know about parking as we had a rental car and returned it before we boarded the ship. It is definitly worth while to stay along the seawall rather than near the pier. We loved Galveston. Enjoy.

Galveston...

Favorite hotel - Harbor House

Favorite restaurant - Gaido's

Favorite stuff to see/do - Seaport Museum & Elissa, Bishop's Palace (Gresham House), Ashton Villa, Moody Gardens, walk The Strand, cruise Seawall Boulevard, ride the Bolivar ferry

Lots of other good stuff - check out http://galveston.com/

RatherBeKruzin

Len :cool:

I've stayed at both the Galvez and the St. Luis, and love them both. They have entirely different characters really. The Galvez is a classic, elegant beauty with a lot of dar wood whereas the St. Luis is soft greens and peaches...very upscale beach quarters.

If you are not in a rush to get to the terminal the Sunday Brunch at the Hotel Glavez is wonderful!

My friend has a house on the Bolivar Penninsula so we'll be staying there and taking the ferry to Galveston in the morning....can't wait!

Interesting question as I'm in Galveston now looking forward to boarding the Rhapsody tomorrow. We normally drive in on the day of the cruise, but because of the ice forecast tomorrow drove down today. We are at the new LaQuinta in the west beach area. We have stayed here before and like the huge rooms. A bit far from the action, but we'll get our fun on the ship. Love the high speed internet.

I will second all of Len's recomendations. Didn't eat at Gaidos though as we had a late big lunch in Hearne. Gaidos is great though.

Archived