1/2 price in the specialty restos, any recent news?

monicajay

Angeljt posted Dawn dailies up till Dec. 7th and they were still offering early seating specials. Has anybody been on the Dawn after this who can comment on if they are still offering these specials?

The half price offers make it more reasonable for my family of four. $80.00 for dinner at Cagney's or $40.00 Hummmmm.... Yes, I will eat a bit earlier to save $40.00. Yes, we are travelling on a budget.

PS a big thanks to Angeljt, Shoreguy and all the others who take the time to photogragh (or scan) menus, dailies and other info and post with links onto this site.

PSS Please don't suggest we skip specialty restaurants all together, we are travelling on a budget but not that tight a budget.:D

Hi,

I won't suggest you skip the speciality restaurants. If food or the experience if important to you, then I hope you are able to do it. However, I wouldn't feel that if you missed the speciality restaurants that you were travelling on a shoestring. There are plenty of "free" places on board to dine w/o a charge. It's just a value statement. Is the extra money worth the value of the speciality meal/restaurant to you. Similar to your "time" decision. It isn't worth $10/person to dine at your preferred time versuses dining a little early.

My understanding is that across the cruise line they offer these "early bird" deals on the specialty restaurants.

We're going on the Sun in a few weeks & have the same question. Read on cc a while back that all speciality restaurants are 1/2 off from 5:30 to 6:00 PM. Does anyone know if this is still in effect and is it on all ships? We ate at East/Meets West (soon to be Cagney's Steak House on the Sun) last year and the steaks and other food were fantastic & well worth the money. It was half off on the first night then. Thanks!

Hey Browe,

This is why I am hoping to find a more recent Dawn Daily posted. For me and my budget, Cagney's is worth $40.00 (for my family) but not worth $80.00. We usually eat around 6h30 so I don't mind going a bit earlier at 6 if it means we can get the special.

If there are no specials we will skip it. No biggie.

Then again, We could dump the kids (teens) and still only spend $40.00:D

Have a wonderful trip. We loved the Dawn.

Regarding the specialty restaurants....we normally eat at 630. But we found it very easy to get reservations for the 530 or the 6 pm seatings. So that's when we made our reservations. And we didn't use our concierge (except for the first night) ror the reservations (we were in an AC). We made them all ourselves.

I add that because I've read some posts on the board that might lead one to believe that it's difficult to get reservations...we didn't find that at all. We made all of our reservations either at the restaurant directly with the hostess, or the desk that is set up in the Atrium. Granted, we did not try for the later times and that may have been why we never ran into a problem. We made the reservations either the day of, or the day before, we wanted to dine.

Have a wonderful time! We loved the ribeye at Cagney's.

Ciao,

W A W W

I had heard the same thing about 1/2 price dinner but once we booked all of our restaurants we were then told they were not 1/2 price. I don't know if it was because it was Christmas week or not but even at full price most of the restaurants were worth the price.

enjoy

Archived