Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Mythrl,

The swap meet is good. I would suggest doing Pearl Harbor 1st, and then the swap meet if you get an early start. Just in case you buy 20 t-shirts and a ukulele, flowers, pineapple, papaya, bananas, passion fruit, coconut candy, jewels, shells, postcards, pretty little dresses, polarized sunglasses, binoculars, sunscreen, a new bathing suit...hmmmmmmm

Anyway, have a great time. Don't forget...tons of water.

Waikiki Beach is one of the most wonderful beaches on the islands, forsure. Many people, but that is OK every now and then. Lots of history there, and so much to see.

Thanks...forgot about carrying around all the "treasures" we find at the swap meet. We had dinner at Duke's on Waikiki beach this past trip and loved it. Watched the sunset from a beachside table! Also did a little shopping down there before returning to the ship.

Any suggestions for Maui, or the Big Island? (I'm pretty set on the Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of Kauai).

Mythrl,

What kind of things do you like to do?

I see you will be coming into Lahaina. That will be a tender. So, I would probably stay on the Lahaina side of the island for the day. Many things to chose from. The whales will be here...a whale watch is always very good. Depending on the weather...some of the best beaches and swimming are on that side, forsure. A car for the day would be good just to drive to these beaches and explore. Or, you can take the bus from downtown to Whalers village. This has a mall, eats, and a terrific beach. If you still wanted to get massages, you can book those in town at Blue Bamboo for a pretty good price(best to prebook that, forsure). There is also zipline, horses, tours, submarine, ect available. Downtown Lahaina is always fun to explore.

Kona and Hilo will be great fun,as well. I am not as familiar, but I know that Kona side has some of the best swimming(snorkel or scuba). Kona town is cute. Many love to go see the all might volcano on the Hilo side.

If it were me....obviously I like the water, and especially the whales. I would rent cars and explore at least 2 of these places. Lahaina, and Kona are good for boat trips....especially Lahaina to Lanai area. It is going to be whale soup out there. If I get a better idea of what you like....I can help you out me betta.....;)

Aloha, Marsha

Mo-n-CJ,

Your cruise pictures are excellent. I love to look at people vacation pictures it always gives me idea for our vacations. Glad you both had a great time on your cruise. I look forward to see your pictures from your next cruise. We haven't been on an Alaskian cruise or to the Mexican Riviera so thanks for sharing your thoughts and vacation with us.

shan9700:)

Hi There Shan,

I read the boards but generally don't reply but checked out your pics and they are great! My partner and I are going to Alaska next year in July on Celebrity. It looks to be the same route out of Seattle. Thanks again for sharing.

Deborah

So I took my gf on the SOS to nassau and..., my first straight cruise. It was fun to see so many "family" members in the crew. Never felt free enough to hold hands or whatever but that was fine. She did okay once she got past the gangplank but who knows when she

ll be brave enough to go again. For me ,I am taking the kids (five of them) on MOS for the same intinerary. Cococay then Nassau and back to Miami. Not ready to commit to bigger cruises yet, though I did the Norwegian Dawn with R Cruises. It is tempting to listen to all your planned adventures. So Mithryl you were right, more cruises matters more than being with like kind all the time. Looking forward to updates from all, tj

Hey there,

We are just in from the NCL Pearl in Alaska. and beautiful blue skies most of the way. Check out our pics if you'd like.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560768480CodnYw?vhost=travel&start=108

quote]

Hi Mo and CJ,

Wow, you had great weather on your cruise. We went Inside passage on the Infinity August 19th and did not see nearly the sun you did. Your pics are great and it looks like you got some really nice shots of the clouds too with the sun peaking through. I could tell it was a pretty sight but it never seems to be the same in pics as in real life.

Good Luck on your next cruise!

Toni

So I took my gf on the SOS to nassau and..., my first straight cruise. It was fun to see so many "family" members in the crew. Never felt free enough to hold hands or whatever but that was fine. She did okay once she got past the gangplank but who knows when she

ll be brave enough to go again. For me ,I am taking the kids (five of them) on MOS for the same intinerary. Cococay then Nassau and back to Miami. Not ready to commit to bigger cruises yet, though I did the Norwegian Dawn with R Cruises. It is tempting to listen to all your planned adventures. So Mithryl you were right, more cruises matters more than being with like kind all the time. Looking forward to updates from all, tj

tj,

Glad you had such a good experience on your cruise. RCCL is a good cruiseline.:) Did your DP have any issues with sea sickness? I'm curious why you say you don't know if/when she'd want to do it again. Once you venture into longer cruises, it could be hard to go back to the short ones. We're going in a few weeks on a 4 nighter and it seems like we'll barely get settled in before the cruise will be over. Glad we've got a 16 day coming up early next year!;)

tj,

Glad you had such a good experience on your cruise. RCCL is a good cruiseline.:) Did your DP have any issues with sea sickness? I'm curious why you say you don't know if/when she'd want to do it again. Once you venture into longer cruises, it could be hard to go back to the short ones. We're going in a few weeks on a 4 nighter and it seems like we'll barely get settled in before the cruise will be over. Glad we've got a 16 day coming up early next year!;)

I started with the seven day on RFamily so I know both. She did not get sick, which we both thought she would. It was the Sovereign so it was teeny tiny staterooms, limited choices of where to go and she is a mover. She hasn't said if she would go again but my family loves it so there will always be traveling partners. I have seven children, three grown with DIL and DGD and so if the younger crew is not up for it one of the older ones will. It is nicer to have a "partner" but there were times I wish I had alone time as well. This summer I was able to go above and watch sunrises by myself and that was one of the very best parts of it. Humbles you for sure. Very jealous of the longer one you and yours are going on. All things in good time I suppose. Happy travels all, tj

Dollfan-- Thank you for the wonderful tips!! What is the deal with the free salmon bake? I was looking at going to Thane Ore House, but is there something else we should be doing? We are booked on Capt. Larry's whale-watching tour (accessible! woohoo!) and then I was hoping to hit the Mendenhall Glacier and the Thane Ore House dinner before we have to be back at the ship. I am a little worried about the accessible taxi situation, but will go to work on that a little closer to cruise date. But tell us about FREE salmon!

We visited the Butchart Gardens 20-ump years ago when we were a newish couple with teen boys on vacation in a 4wd-Harvester-and-teardrop-trailer (everyone survived). I think I discovered I do not have a gardening gene in my entire body, whatsoever, nada. The museum in Victoria was another story--loved it totally. And there was a women's bookstore that we visited; the women there were so wonderful... We later thought the store in "Better Than Chocolate" must have been modeled after them.

We got to get up close enough to the glacier on the Regal Princess a few years ago--I'm satisfied...

GillCC --wah! we'll miss you by a week! no fair! we're May 5th from SF.

Kristen

that IS bad timing would have been nice to meet up lol - we will still be there when you sail - we have 14 nights! (a first for me) - I notice you are doing Captain Larry is that becvause it is accessible? - I use a wheelchair and am told that this is a great excursion - unfortunately we are in Juneau on a Monday and the first trip on mondays gets back at 4.30 - our ship sails at 5pm so I am worried we would be cutting it too fine!

Our next one is in March ~3/28/08~ 9 nights on the Explorer of the Seas :D

I'm planning on taking my grandmother on a 1 nighter out of NY but everything is booked :( She's not doing to well and she's been wanting to go on one ever since I started going on them last year. I am going to continue looking. I don't have anymore days left to take off of work so that is why I can only do a 1 nighter with her.

So who's going on the next cruise from our Thread?? We don't have anything planned for 2008 yet. Hope everyone has a great week!

Shan9700:)

We leave on October 15th on a 4 nighter out of Seattle (Celebrity Mercury).:) That's only 13 days away...anyone sailing out anywhere before us?

Our next after this will be 3/2/08 on the Diamond Princess, RT LA to Hawaii.;)

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a couple of months and keeping my eyes open for cruise news and ideas.

My cruise may be next. I'm leaving October 13 out of Los Angeles for a 7 day of the Mexican Riviera on the Golden Princess.

It's my first cruise as a solo and I'm really looking forward to it. I really don't expect to meet anyone but friends on board. Last year the FOD was all couples on my Hawaii cruise.

I plan on doing a cruise every year from now on. Alone or with family or friends so I'll keep lurking and putting in my 2 cents when I have that much worth to say.

Cath

Our next cruise isn't until May 2,2008, 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver B.C. But any excuse to talk,think,read,or dream about it is great!!! My sweetheart and I are settling in for the winter, just trying not to think about how far away May is. I've even made a calendar (in power point on the computer) for the month of May that shows our itinerary w/shore excursion in all. By now you can tell I'm reallllllly having cruise withdrawal.

This thread is great for me because I can't tell any of my sisters or my brother yet. So this give me a chance to talk about it. Oh..the reason I can't tell them is because if I tell them will want to go. I love them all, but this time we wanted it to be just us. Our last cruise was 30 of my family. It was alot of fun. But just the two of us is nice.

I know a few of you are leaving in about 2 weeks for your cruise!!!

We wish we were going along...

Kay & Cherie

GillCC--yes, that's exactly it. Kathy uses a Pride Maxima scooter, and I was just overjoyed to find out that they have an accessible boat. I am expecting that it may be the high point of the trip, although the Skagway train ride sounds like it's going to be wonderful, too.

BTW, I repeat myself over and over on this, but it's worth saying: if any of you Alaska cruisers are going to Sitka, and you have arthritis, etc. pain, stop in at the Tlingit Community Center, which is 2+ blocks from the dock, and buy a little container of their "Sa'xt" or Devil's Club ointment. Made locally, old tribal analgesic. It doesn't work for everybody, but if it does, it's a great pain reliever.

Cath--love your logo! Have fun on your trip!

Kristen

My partner (26 years, married in MA) and I are flying to Barcelona on October 16th, spending a few days, staying at the Montecarlo on LaRamba. Our friends, another couple from Boston, are joining us on Friday, and then we board the NCL Jewel - adjoining suites (they can remove the barriers between the balconies...for a fifteen day transatlantic.....there are at least four other gay (male) couples on the same cruise, and I know (this will be our fifth NCL cruise) there will be FOD gatherings on board

The internet makes this trip do-able....I can work anywhere, moving my students through their dissertations...gotta love the technology.

Our next cruise is the same as Mithryl's. Four-night Celebrity Mercury leaving Seattle on October 15 just to Nanaimo, BC and Victoria BC and back to Seattle. Then, January 26, 2008 Olivia to Eastern Caribbean. After that we don't have another planned until April 2009 on Dawn Princess from Sydney, Australia to San Francisco via New Zealand and the South Pacific islands.

Carol and Linda.

Our next cruise is the same as Mithryl's. Four-night Celebrity Mercury leaving Seattle on October 15 just to Nanaimo, BC and Victoria BC and back to Seattle. Then, January 26, 2008 Olivia to Eastern Caribbean. After that we don't have another planned until April 2009 on Dawn Princess from Sydney, Australia to San Francisco via New Zealand and the South Pacific islands.

Carol and Linda.

Hi Carol & Linda,

We'll be seeing you in12 days!

Hey has anyone been keeping up with the troubled waters of Olivia? Looks like the folks Judy hired to help handle the business and then fired are going after her, and potnetially the company. Hopefully everything will be resolved outside of court...but there is the possibility that the company could be required to disband to satisfy the lawsuit.

Any thoughts?

Anyone heard any updates about this?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone that has already booked a future cruise with Olivia, as well as for the company as a whole. I'd hate to see this ICON of our community go down in smoke.

Maybe we all need to band together and buy it out!