Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Julie - Thanks. Yes, I'm bringing the tux in January. But probably will wear it with a tie instead of a brooch this time. Is there only one formal night, or two as in most regular 7-day cruises? Just wondering how many formal shirts to bring :D .

I don't get seasick so the storm didn't really bother me except that it interrupted arrangements to meet people, some of the activities were cancelled and most of the passengers were 'unavailable'. Pretty interesting, though. We sailed back into the Straits of Juan de Fuca about four in the afternoon and the ocean went completely flat, as it's sheltered from the wind and swells, so all was well in time for dinner.

Carol.

There's normally only one formal night on a 7 day Olivia. It's also "normally" the first day at sea, which would be Sunday on our cruise.

They have another night that is a "theme" night. Could be "white" night or some other theme. They usually announce it about 3-4 weeks before the cruise.:)

There's normally only one formal night on a 7 day Olivia. It's also "normally" the first day at sea, which would be Sunday on our cruise.

They have another night that is a "theme" night. Could be "white" night or some other theme. They usually announce it about 3-4 weeks before the cruise.:)

Ahhh, okay. Thanks.

I have a good friend I have sailed with twice now. Definitely not the "girly" type... I would fall over and look for the coming of the 4 horsemen if I ever saw her in a skirt. :) She has a nice pair of black dress slacks that she pairs with a sparkly top and a loose jacket over that (think dressy jacket, drape-y material, not really suit jacket). We were cruising with my husband and an additional friend, but she was my date for formal night. :D

Paddy Anne: Where is K D Lang playing in Toronto & when?

Feb 21 (or there abouts) at the "live@the courthouse" . Bar like venue with 4 fireplaces and really small. It's going to be awesone. We have 4 of us so far.

tickets are on sale at ticket master dot com.

Hi all,

I returned from a solo cruise on the Golden Princess this past weekend. It was a great cruise with good weather and lots to do. It was my first one alone and was fairly successful.

By the end of the week though I was tired of all the small talk with meeting new people every time I sat down. One thing about travelling with friends and family is that you don't have to talk about your history all the time. LOL

There were 3 GLBT get-togethers in Windjammers hosted by an out deputy cruise director (guy) and all the attendees were men except for me. There were about 15 guys and about half single. They made great dance partners in the after hours club. There were some lesbian couples on board but they didn't attend any of the get-togethers so I didn't feel I could go introduce myself.

I didn't lack for female companionship (of the non-sexual kind) because of the number of mothers and daughters and female friends who travel together. There seemed to be hundreds of women who just packed up and left their men behind to have a girls' vacation.

Princess was as usual very good and things went smoothly. This was my second cruise with them and they seem very consistent between ships. I'm looking forward to trying another line next for some new experiences.

My next cruise may be the Monarch of the Seas for a 3-day out of LA on March 14. I met a woman on board who had booked 12 rooms and was getting a girls' weekend together.

I really enjoy this board and hearing about everyone else's experiences. Maybe next time, I'll fit into the "couple" part of this board.

Keep your pride all,

Cath

Hi all,

I really enjoy this board and hearing about everyone else's experiences. Maybe next time, I'll fit into the "couple" part of this board.

Keep your pride all,

Cath

Hi Cath,

EVERYONE is welcome on this thread. Sorry if the title makes it sound somewhat "exclusive". My goal in starting the thread was to be clear that I wasn't looking for a partner (I do happen to have a great one already). I'm glad you're posting and your perspective as a solo cruiser is much appreciated.

Glad you had a good time and met some nice people. I know what you mean about the small talk. My last cruise was the first time we've sailed with friends, and it was wonderful. It was also great meeting other CC folks. On our last Hawaii cruise we met a great (straight) couple from CC. In our last communication, the wife asked if we ever sail together again, could they still be "Friends of Friends of Dorothy"! I thought that was really cute.

You'll really like RCCL. I think Princess is a great value for the money, but I think my favorite cruiseline so far, all things considered, is RCCL.

Hope the "girls weekend" cruise is really fun! We'll be on our 2nd Hawaii cruise with Princess at that time, or I'd consider joining you!;)

Feb 21 (or there abouts) at the "live@the courthouse" . Bar like venue with 4 fireplaces and really small. It's going to be awesone. We have 4 of us so far.

tickets are on sale at ticket master dot com.

I'm dying of jealousy!

Hi All,

My partner and I are back from our Mex Riviera cruise with Olivia. We had a very nice time and met some nice people. The entertainment was good (especially the comics) but everything always started late and then they had to go through all these announcements every time and sing some little song and it just got real old after a few days. I felt that the whole Olivia experience was a bit cultish (I had been on 4 Olivia trips previous to this one). We will probably not do another Olivia cruise anytime soon because like many people have posted, you can go on two non-Olivia cruises for the price of one Olivia. I did an analysis of the difference in costs and the Olivia trip is about $650 more per person for an inside cabin (including taxes, port charges and gratuities). A 2 for 1 and the right destination might have me book another Olivia trip. I did miss some of the entertainment you get on a non-Olivia trip but the Olivia comics were very hilarious. It was my first time on HAL and I will cruise again with them and stick with Princess too.

Nancy

I got a 2-for-1 offer for Olivia's "Cruise for a Cause" coming up in April. Unfortunately we can't afford anything but the smallest cabins, and the lowest currently available is an Outside D on the Westerdam!

Etoile,

The 2-for-1 offers are always the more expensive cabins since the cheaper ones sell out so quickly. At least it allows you to get a better cabin but most of the time I wouldn't want to pay what the 2-for-1 is asking anyway.

Nancy

Thank you!

Wow! More SEC fans. We did root for the Gators to beat GA eventhough we are Auburn fans. I am from Florida, born in Key West, lived in Orlando and most recently Panama City. My parents are in Umatilla (down the road a piece form you) and my daughter graduated from UCF so we are Floridians stuck in the NW right now but actively trying to get back tothe South and our roots. Gina is from AL and hence why we are Auburn fans.

Take care,

Toni and Gina

Pussycat,

Kiko caused us to alter our itinerary about it but we got it all in with no problems at all.

I do not know about others giving away 2 for 1 cruises but I know if you watch closely you can get some good deal on regular cruises which make the G&L cruises even more expensive than they are. You can also go the cruiselines' web page and sign up for email from them and you can get offers from them.

My Mex Riviera cruise was good...everyone had a great time. I went on a catamaran excursion out to Los Arcos in Cabo and that was fabulous and did city tours in Puerto and Mazatlan. I would probably due that cruise again but on a regular cruise.

Nancy

I am interested to know, do Atlantis, Rosie's or regular cruises ever offer 2 for 1 deals?

Hey pussycat,

I have only sailed "regular":rolleyes: cruises and have never noticed 2 for1. What I have noticed is if it is a popular cruise the prices tend to keep going up. I am sailing Carnival Liberty in January and the Ocean View cabins are presently more expensive that what I paid for a really nice balcony. That 's why I try to book at least one year out. Final payments aren't due till much later and deposits are fully refundable.

I have 3 booked right now. Hopefully the budget will allow. My GF was diagnosed with breast cancer (everyone get your mammo's) in Aug. She is doing great but we celebrate and spend all our money!:)

cheers,

PA

Hey paddy anne. Sorry to hear about your GF. Wish her the best & a full recovery.

Sincerely

Julie

> ^..^ <

thanks pussycat. She's good considering. Got it all and she only has to have radiation, no chemo. Hopefully by December we will be done with it all in time for our January cruise for some serious rest and relaxation. But seriously everyone should get thier mammo's. Her's was only detected by Mammo.

Did you get KD Lang ticket's pussycat?

PA

My GF was diagnosed with breast cancer (everyone get your mammo's) in Aug. She is doing great but we celebrate and spend all our money!:)

cheers,

PA

Hey Paddy Anne,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your GF. Glad they got it all and no chemo is required. That stuff is really awful. I'm sure your January cruise will be very healing for both of you. It's a good reminder for all of us to celebrate each moment and to appreciate how lucky we all are to be on this planet and enjoy "the good life" of cruising! Good health and happiness to everyone!