Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Hi! I know I am a new poster to the board - but I just got an offer from Olivia that I wanted to pass along. They are running two different 2 for 1 deals for their Caribbean cruises in January and March. Although they are both going to the Caribbean, the itineraries are a little different. They've got some cool performers, like Margaret Cho, kd lang, and Heart (remember them?) - also Kate Clinton. The March cruise benefits breast cancer research. Promo codes for both trips is 'NEWYEAR.' ;-) The links to the trips are: olivia.com/cruiseforourcause and olivia.com/celebrate35.

I received and booked using an Olivia 2 for 1 (different code than New Year) and they never matched my e-mail with my booking (I used different e-mails actually). They just asked for the code I got in my e-mail and booked me....I would try, I think they would be happy to book...I think it would work.

It was nice reading all of the post. This is the first cruise for me and my wife. This will be our 25th year together. I'm Maggie(48 )she's Diane (47). I'm hoping she will really enjoy this because I hope to do more after this. I always thought of going on Olivia but could never get myself to do it.:rolleyes:

hello all,

it's so nice to read these postings. my gf and i are both animation industry professionals from NYC. we vacationed together last feb. for the first time (to the not very gay-friendly at all dominican republic where we were instructed to be quite careful)

but we are now about to take our first cruise together, on the celebrity century, 2/18/08 out of miami, heading to key west and grand cayman. we looked into our options, at olivia and some other gay-specialty bookings, but ended up going with a 'regular' cruise because of the crazy pricing....

so, we discovered the FOD in our research, and plan to look for, or request meetings, during our cruise. we also chose this cruise partly because the itinerary stops in key west so we figured this will hopefully be a pretty gay-friendly sailing....

we've heard celebrity is a good one, but, any input would be great. how is the general crowd? how was the dinner seating? also, is anyone here going to be on this cruise with us?

IMHO Olivia will send out a 2for to just about everyone as it gets closer to sail date when they have cabins available. Somehow I got on their mailing list years ago and they are always offering me not only the initial offer but the 2for as well. And I've never sailed with them or any other gay cruise. Business is business and rather than take a chance on having empty cabins (no profit there) they'll do just about anything to book you. Again, IMHO. I'm glad there are gay cruises for those who prefer being with only like minded, but when I can book any number of cruise lines and destinations at 1/2 the price....well, it's a no brainer for me. I'll take my 2for in 2 cruises elsewhere for the price of 1 Olivia cruise.;)

I hear you load and clear OC Ladies. I feel the same way...but I'm still anxious to hear from all those sailing this month with Olivia to the Caribbean. Sounds like a special cruise with wonderful entertainment. Whether we go on Gay or Straight cruises...we're still "Cruise Crazy"! I love hearing about all the different places and experiences!

I hear you load and clear OC Ladies. I feel the same way...but I'm still anxious to hear from all those sailing this month with Olivia to the Caribbean. Sounds like a special cruise with wonderful entertainment. Whether we go on Gay or Straight cruises...we're still "Cruise Crazy"! I love hearing about all the different places and experiences!

I am with you also,i love to hear about cruises, read about cruises,plan cruises and take cruises!!!!!

I haven't posted in here in forever! Hope everyone is doing well. My gf and I are in the process of booking another cruise, so exciting! We're currently trying to decide between Olivia and RCI. I've cruised with Carnival and RCI and will never take another Carnival so its between RCI and O. I'm anxious to hear from couples who have sailed with Olivia as well.

Sarah

I haven't posted in here in forever! Hope everyone is doing well. My gf and I are in the process of booking another cruise, so exciting! We're currently trying to decide between Olivia and RCI. I've cruised with Carnival and RCI and will never take another Carnival so its between RCI and O. I'm anxious to hear from couples who have sailed with Olivia as well.

Sarah

Hey Sarah,

Glad you're back! I've never sailed Carnival. I know others on this board have and many enjoy them. I'd be interested in why you say you'd never sail them again. I've sailed both RCI and with Olivia (which uses HAL exculsively). I enjoyed both of my RCI cruises (Caribbean and Mexico), although I found the Enchantment of the Seas a superior experience over Vision of the Seas (better service, quality, etc.).

My only Olivia experience was my first cruise. It was to Alaska and I loved it. It was actually Olivia's very first sailing with HAL back in 2001, and it was great.

Now, as a more experienced cruiser, I do look at price and find that I have just as much fun on a regular cruise and pay less than sailing with Olivia. But if being surrounded by all lesbians and having the specialized entertainment is important to you...then Olivia is can't be beat. Either way, you'll have a great time. Let us know what you decide. And, again, I'd love to hear why you won't sail with Carnival in the future.

AB and MT here. I have been looking at this board but finally decided to read it and wow! We are 52 and live in Staten Island, NY.

Our next cruise is on the Explorer of The Seas out of Bayonne, NJ on March 28th.

About us: We have known each other since we were kids - went to school together and got married in Canada (asking "Honey, how long we been married?" "Which one she replies" We have NY domestic partnership, Vermont civil union, and Canada marriage which has been 3 years now. We made everything different years but basically the same date so we don't have that many anniversaries to remember.

We love cruising but have set vacations at work. Eventually, if our vacation time coincides with an Olivia cruise and we know vacation times enough in advance we would love to try it just to compare.

We always meet others and go to the FOD stuff - the best was on the 14 day cruise, met so many nice couples.

So, Hi all.

AB

Hi. I noticed on the your message that ya'll have gone on alot of Carnival cruises. My wife, son and I are going on our first cruise ever in Sept. this year. We are going on the Fantasy. We love any input you have to give us on the ship, other lesbian couples, FOD groups, and the ports (Progesso and Cozumel).

It was nice reading all of the post. This is the first cruise for me and my wife. This will be our 25th year together. I'm Maggie(48 )she's Diane (47). I'm hoping she will really enjoy this because I hope to do more after this. I always thought of going on Olivia but could never get myself to do it.:rolleyes:

I see you're going on the Jewel. We've sailed her twice and loved every minute of it. Have fun.

My new love and I are going on the Olivia cruise on the Zuiderdam at the end of January. I have cruised several times before, but this is her first time.

I understand that many don't care for Olivia because of the prices, but it sounds worth it to me for the environment. :D

Anyone else going? I don't see a roll call for it . .unless MANY pages back.

Hi....if you got Olivia's website they have their own forums for all the cruises and you will definitely be able to meet people from your cruise on there. Hope you have a great trip and please report back.

:D Hi All,

Well i just booked another cruise with my sweetie.This will be my 4th and her 2nd.I don't know who is more excited!! LOL.We're going on Royal Caribbean again but this time to the western caribbean.August can't come sooner!! I checked out other cruise lines ( all of them infact) it just seemed that Royal Caribbean has the best to offer and i've sailed with them all the other times and they really know how to pamper you so much!! They make you feel like royalty.

213 days,14 hrs,14 sec,51 sec

can't wait !!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hello Ladies, it has been awhile since I have been on the board. But I have been keeping up with my reading. :)

I wanted to see if there is anyone on the Granduer of the Seas leaving Tampa on 2/9? There is a group of 6 going and would love to meet up with some other ladies?

AB and MT here. I have been looking at this board but finally decided to read it and wow! We are 52 and live in Staten Island, NY.

Our next cruise is on the Explorer of The Seas out of Bayonne, NJ on March 28th.

About us: We have known each other since we were kids - went to school together and got married in Canada (asking "Honey, how long we been married?" "Which one she replies" We have NY domestic partnership, Vermont civil union, and Canada marriage which has been 3 years now. We made everything different years but basically the same date so we don't have that many anniversaries to remember.

We love cruising but have set vacations at work. Eventually, if our vacation time coincides with an Olivia cruise and we know vacation times enough in advance we would love to try it just to compare.

We always meet others and go to the FOD stuff - the best was on the 14 day cruise, met so many nice couples.

So, Hi all.

AB

Happy New Year to All!!! Sorry I haven't been on the boards in a while but I've been busy with the wedding planning. Everything is coming along well thank God!!! It's 7 weeks from today WOW time flies...

Athena55am,

My friends and I (6 of us) will be sailing with you on the Explorer March 28th ~ 60 days from tomorrow YAY...We are all from Jersey. It'll be my partner and I honeymoon cruise and our very close friends are joining us 2 other couples (gay guys). I'm sure we'll meet at the FOD meeting.

Talk to you all soon have to get off The L Word is coming on ;)

Hey Ladies,

Missy and I just got back from a great cruise on the Majesty of The Sea. We had a wonderful time the weather was really mild in the mid to upper 70's. We were on the three day cruise out of Miami to Coco Cay then to Naussa. So nice to get away from the crazy cold weather we have been having in the Chicago area.

Jess,

Wow your cruise is getting close. I know your girls will have a great honeymoon. Good luck with all the wedding planning! I'm sure everything will go great!

Take care ladies and happy cruising!

shan9700:)

Will be doing our first cruise on the jewel feb10.Also this will be our 25th anniversary has anyone ever bought the anniversary package from the cruise.I plan on doing something special anyway but thought I may look into the package.

Maggie:cool:

Hi there,

I just posted a long epistle about how great our last cruise to South America. It got lost when I hit the send button because the server was so busy it timed out. Very frustrating! I recommend copying your messages before posting in case it gets lost. This is a busy busy forum. LOL

My partner Liz and I live in Ft Myers, FL. We love cruising. Just got back from South America on the Rotterdam. !6 days of absolute beauty! We went to celebrate her 50th birthday, my 55th and our 10th anniversary. Leaving in 2 weeks for Sapphire Princess Cruise from Auckland to Sydney. Will be in Sydney for Carnival. Last year we cruised with 24 gay friends mostly from Cape Coral (just across the river from us) We sailed on the Radiance of the Seas from Seward AL to Vancouver BC. Had a gay ole time.

Love reading all your posts. FODs are for all ages! Hope someone on this thread is going to new Zealand on the Sapphire.

Cheers,

Holley and Liz