Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Chris,

We LOVE Half-Price Books! I'm a teacher and I find great deals for my classroom. My wife and I are both avid readers as well. If not for 1/2 price books we could not afford to cruise ; )

Brenda

Has she been to our donations warehouse?

Hi Postalgrrl,

We lived in North Richland Hills and we worked in Irving for GTE (now Verizon) about 10 years ago. We met in Irving before moving to Idaho). Have you ever eaten at the Italian Garden? It's my all time favorite Italain resturant. Best Chicken Picatta I've ever had!

Take care.

Vicki

Vicki,

No we have never tried it, maybe we will tonight. We always have date night on Saturdays.

Stacie

Ok so my nephew is on the 106.7 website ~ Please vote for him as NY's most huggable baby he's picture #75 Christopher G. I will greatly appreciate it if you all go today and vote for him PLEASE!!! :D

1067 newyork dot com...pages...contest..huggablebaby

Again please vote for my cutie pie...Thanks to ALL!!!

I know there's a lot of cute babies on the website but please support my baby!!!

Thanks again for all the support!!!

Take care.

Annette,

You will really enjoy the Conquest. We were there in Sept. and had a great time. The ports are wonderful.

We are thinking of going again, but it is a toss up between the Conquest and the Victory out of San Juan. We are thinking Jan 2009.

I can't decide which one I want to go on. We have never been to the Southern Caribbean, but airfare is going to be expensive.

Stacie

I'm sorry in my previous post I made a mistake my nephew is #76 he's wearing a red polo shirt. They added new babies to the contest so he was bumped but his name is Christopher G. Please if you have a chance vote for him he's on the NY's most huggable baby contest on the 106.7 lite fm website. I would greatly appreciate all the support.

Thank you all... Have a great week!

Hello, my partner and I will be booking our first cruise next week for the Carnival Valor in Feb. of 2009. I was looking up different reviews and came across this thread and thought maybe someone on here could ease my thoughts. We are going with about 5 other straight married couples who we love like family, but I am a little nervous. For one I haven't been on a boat in about 10 yrs, my partner has never been on anything that goes in the water and we are both a little scared about getting seasick. I have done some research for different things we can try, so hopefully we're okay in that department. Also, I'm a little afraid of what to expect on the ship as far as our relationship is concerned. My friends tell me that I always think of the worst but I don't want people staring at us the whole time or anything like that. I want us to feel comfortable. What if the beds need to be pushed together? Are they gonna do it without judgement or comment? I guess I'm just not sure if the Carnival Valor is "gay-friendly". I don't want you guys thinking I'm some paranoid weirdo, I'm just afraid of what could happen. Thank You for listening. J

Hello, my partner and I will be booking our first cruise next week for the Carnival Valor in Feb. of 2009. I was looking up different reviews and came across this thread and thought maybe someone on here could ease my thoughts. We are going with about 5 other straight married couples who we love like family, but I am a little nervous. For one I haven't been on a boat in about 10 yrs, my partner has never been on anything that goes in the water and we are both a little scared about getting seasick. I have done some research for different things we can try, so hopefully we're okay in that department. Also, I'm a little afraid of what to expect on the ship as far as our relationship is concerned. My friends tell me that I always think of the worst but I don't want people staring at us the whole time or anything like that. I want us to feel comfortable. What if the beds need to be pushed together? Are they gonna do it without judgement or comment? I guess I'm just not sure if the Carnival Valor is "gay-friendly". I don't want you guys thinking I'm some paranoid weirdo, I'm just afraid of what could happen. Thank You for listening. J

For seasickness: Bonamine has worked for everyone I have suggested it to and you take it only once a day.

AS for carnival: i have sailed with them 3 times. No isuues with beds, having pitures done, meeting other people at meals. Just have fun

Thank You very much paddy Anne for your suggestions. We actually have never had problems with others on any other vacation we've gone on and we go about every six months. Just having never been on a ship for 7 days in the middle of the ocean makes me a little nervous.

ewok: You can take Bonine (Meclizine Hydrochloride) and hang upside down and round and round and not get sick. I know cause I use it when going to ammusement parks!

For me there is minimal side effects and have used it during huricains. Also, never had a problem saying put the beds together. On our first cruise the women doing the room would snicker, but that was all.

stormloca777: where did you get married? We did the domestic partership in NY, then did civil union in Vermont, finally getting married in Canada. But we were smart. So as to not forget any aniversary or having too many, we just did it all the same day (different years as each became available). Ha. Take that, memory problems.

22 days till our next cruise - So much to do. Honey, I can't wait!!

ewok: You can take Bonine (Meclizine Hydrochloride) and hang upside down and round and round and not get sick. I know cause I use it when going to ammusement parks!

For me there is minimal side effects and have used it during huricains. Also, never had a problem saying put the beds together. On our first cruise the women doing the room would snicker, but that was all.

stormloca777: where did you get married? We did the domestic partership in NY, then did civil union in Vermont, finally getting married in Canada. But we were smart. So as to not forget any aniversary or having too many, we just did it all the same day (different years as each became available). Ha. Take that, memory problems.

22 days till our next cruise - So much to do. Honey, I can't wait!!

I'm getting married in 11-10days... We're from NJ we are doing a Civil Union. Can't wait for the honeymoon on that ship yay!!! :D

Hope you all went to the 106.7 lite fm website and voted for my nephew ;) Christopher G red polo on :D

Take care.

I'm getting married in 11-10days... We're from NJ we are doing a Civil Union. Can't wait for the honeymoon on that ship yay!!! :D

Hope you all went to the 106.7 lite fm website and voted for my nephew ;) Christopher G red polo on :D

Take care.

Congrats on the upcoming civil union!

Donna

Congrats Jess on upcoming marriage!!!!!!

I have a question, and sorry if it has been asked/answered before but I can't find it. My partner just got wind that she is getting a SUBSTANTIAL raise, and we were considering maybe next year taking a Rosie cruise. We are booked with Carnival for this year, our first cruise ever. We have a teenage son, and think we would enjoy being with all the othe same sex families. Has anyone taken one of these cruises? I know they are VERY EXPENSIVE compared to Carnival, etc but would it be worth the extra expense for the freedom???

Congrats Jess on upcoming marriage!!!!!!

I have a question, and sorry if it has been asked/answered before but I can't find it. My partner just got wind that she is getting a SUBSTANTIAL raise, and we were considering maybe next year taking a Rosie cruise. We are booked with Carnival for this year, our first cruise ever. We have a teenage son, and think we would enjoy being with all the othe same sex families. Has anyone taken one of these cruises? I know they are VERY EXPENSIVE compared to Carnival, etc but would it be worth the extra expense for the freedom???

Thank you! :D

Sorry I can't answer your question as I have only cruised the regular lines. I don't think I would ever spend the extra because I like to get the most out of my bucks :o And also because our bestfriends are gay guys so an all lesbian cruise wouldn't work since most of our cruisin we do it together with them. But hey if you have the extra bucks why not LOL :p

Where did everyone go??? How was everyones weekend? My partner and I went out to celebrate our bachelorette party with a group of friends (about 16 of us) we went to a gay club in the city. We had a blast!!! It was our last single weekend out single meaning un-married lol we haven't been single in 7 years :D We have 6 more days to the big day I am getting very nervous but also very excited my mom, grandma, sister & nephew are flying in from Puerto Rico Wednesday so very excited to see them :D

Hope everyone had a good one. Wishing you all a great week!

We've been looking forward to Alaska! I finally found a place for us to stay in Seattle for our 2 day, post cruise, stay.

Hi Chris,

I am considering the Jewel and see you have been on it twice. Did you like it?

cheers,

Paddy Anne

We've been looking forward to Alaska! I finally found a place for us to stay in Seattle for our 2 day, post cruise, stay.

Hey there chris,

We did this same Pearl cruise last Sept., and loved it so much. Anything you want to know? Some of our fav. things were:

The Spinnaker Lounge

Our Balcony(we saw sunrises all the way up...awesome)

The spa day pass......best views on the ship

We mostly ate at the buffet and took the food to our room

Glacier Bay was awesome

We loved Skagway...rented a car and drove(used Murpheys guide)

Went to Mendenhal glacier in Juneau and saw bears near the creek

here are our pics:

http://community.webshots.com/user/marshadeutsch64?vhost=community

Have a great time!

Hi Chris,

I am considering the Jewel and see you have been on it twice. Did you like it?

cheers,

Paddy Anne

We loved it. When we were on the Dawn, my GF spent 4 days sad that it wasn't the Jewel :rolleyes: . Of course by day 7, she didn't want to leave the Dawn either.

She's a beautiful ship and I enjoyed every minute I was on her. All the Jewel class ships (Jewel, Pearl, Jade, Gem) have free espresso/cappucino machines. That in and in of itself makes for an excellent cruise ship :D .

Hey there chris,

We did this same Pearl cruise last Sept., and loved it so much. Anything you want to know? Some of our fav. things were:

The Spinnaker Lounge

Our Balcony(we saw sunrises all the way up...awesome)

The spa day pass......best views on the ship

We mostly ate at the buffet and took the food to our room

Glacier Bay was awesome

We loved Skagway...rented a car and drove(used Murpheys guide)

Went to Mendenhal glacier in Juneau and saw bears near the creek

here are our pics:

http://community.webshots.com/user/marshadeutsch64?vhost=community

Have a great time!

This cruise was the first time I was really specific as to where our cabin was. I made sure we were in a balcony, on the port side and aft. After I booked it, everyone said the views were better on the port side and I patted myself on the back for being so smart :rolleyes: . I'm really looking forward to sitting in the heated tile loungers in the spa. The Jewel had them and I was sad that the Dawn didn't. I love the way the spas are located in the front of the ship, what a great view!

Those pictures are awesome! We have 8 gigs of memory between our two cameras and will be shooting everything in sight :)

We got the Honeymoon/Anniversary Package on the Dawn and have determined to never sail without it :) . What a great deal for $79. It doesn't even have to be a honeymoon and they didn't even blink that we were two females. Being able to make your reservations for Le Bistro as far ahead as you want is what really makes this bad boy worth it. So we're definitely hitting Le Bistro again, maybe the fancy main dining room and then buffett it the rest of the time, who knows?

Sparkling wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation

• Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening

• Complimentary sparkling wine and cake party

• A keepsake photograph

• Romantic dinner for two in Le Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

OK....so we booked the Conquest again for Feb 8, 2009!!! We had such great time last year we want to go again. I wanted to book it for the week of my birthday in Jan. but the ship will be in dry dock for the last 2 weeks of Jan 2009. So we changed to Feb. and hopefully the ship will be all nice and shiny after be in dry dock for 2 weeks. We would love for some family to join us. Any one interested in going??

Texas Diver.....we would love to go with you in Dec 2008, but we both work for the USPS and we are not able to take vacation time in Dec.