Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

So why can u only cruise from the UK???

Hi Mel

Got myself a couple of brain tumors, not really a problem but I'm not allowed to fly for more than 3hours. Something to do with pressure, although I have flown to Greece (4hrs) but it makes me really sick and I end up losing my sight for a couple days and the doctors have warned me that chances of me losing my sight completely is very high and it might even cost me my life. But as I'm not ready for either of those I don't want to chance the risk especially as I have still got so much to do and money still on my credit card. As I said its not a problem and thats the reason Anne & I bought a brand new motor home last year, I enjoy driving and there is so much of the beautiful UK countryside I haven't explored yet. We are thinking about sailing across the Atlantic and maybe touring the US & Canada by train in 2011 so if the costing is ok we might even take a cruise to Alaska while we're there. We'll just have to wait & see. I bet your sorry you asked now!!

Vicci

vicci12@btinternet.com

Hi Mel

Got myself a couple of brain tumors, not really a problem but I'm not allowed to fly for more than 3hours. Something to do with pressure, although I have flown to Greece (4hrs) but it makes me really sick and I end up losing my sight for a couple days and the doctors have warned me that chances of me losing my sight completely is very high and it might even cost me my life. But as I'm not ready for either of those I don't want to chance the risk especially as I have still got so much to do and money still on my credit card. As I said its not a problem and thats the reason Anne & I bought a brand new motor home last year, I enjoy driving and there is so much of the beautiful UK countryside I haven't explored yet. We are thinking about sailing across the Atlantic and maybe touring the US & Canada by train in 2011 so if the costing is ok we might even take a cruise to Alaska while we're there. We'll just have to wait & see. I bet your sorry you asked now!!

Vicci

vicci12@btinternet.com

nope not sorry I asked, I find myself admiring your spirit!! Tell you what,if you do a transatlantic in 2011 come to New York, we can pick you up and you could stay with us before you head out! We live in NJ so only 30 mins from NY by Train, or 2hours to Washington by train!!!

Where in UK do you live? I was born in the cotswolds but grew up in Bournemouth

Mel

Liverpool Lass, you have a contact here in Canada too. If you head this way, post it here & I'll give you contact info.

Mnms...Cotswolds eh? I lived in Cheltenham before I emmigrated to Canada. Also lived in Dorset 'till I was 11. Used to go to Sandbanks for family vacations. I'm sure you know that area.

Liverpool Lass, you have a contact here in Canada too. If you head this way, post it here & I'll give you contact info.

Mnms...Cotswolds eh? I lived in Cheltenham before I emmigrated to Canada. Also lived in Dorset 'till I was 11. Used to go to Sandbanks for family vacations. I'm sure you know that area.

Another Dorset lass!!! I spent my childhood playing around the area. We spent every sunday walking by Hengisbury Head, flying our kites, looking for fossils....Where in Canada so you live? I have been there just a couple of times ,Toronto lol and also the Canadian side of Niagra falls..

nope not sorry I asked, I find myself admiring your spirit!! Tell you what,if you do a transatlantic in 2011 come to New York, we can pick you up and you could stay with us before you head out! We live in NJ so only 30 mins from NY by Train, or 2hours to Washington by train!!!

Where in UK do you live? I was born in the cotswolds but grew up in Bournemouth

Mel

Hi Mel

Live on the other side of the River Mersey to Liverpool in Port Sunlight. If you contact me on my email addess maybe we could build up a friendship before we cross the Atlantic.

You guys also have friends here in the UK and will be more than welcome to stay here and you will also have the means to travel around and explore the UK.

Vicci

vicci12@btinternet.com

Hi Pussycat

The same reply that I have just posted to Mel goes for you too!

Vicci

vicci12@btinternet.com

hello again folks....I'm really excited just booked TWO cruises! lol one is 7 nights Grand Princess Southampton - Scandinavia - Southampton at the end of August beginning of September. The other is 14 nights San Juan B2B in January next year - both bargains....anyone joining us?

hello again folks....I'm really excited just booked TWO cruises! lol one is 7 nights Grand Princess Southampton - Scandinavia - Southampton at the end of August beginning of September. The other is 14 nights San Juan B2B in January next year - both bargains....anyone joining us?

well I wish, but we are taking the Carnival Dream from Rome Oct 3rd!!

My partner Linda and I sailed on the Carnival Freedom 10/01/08 with the same itinerary. It was a great cruise. Our first time visiting Europe. We stayed 3 days before and after in Rome. We took the train to port because it was so easy and much cheaper than transfers from Carnival. Let me know if you have any questions.

rtnfl. This is apparently a very popular place in FLL. We haven't been there but know people that have. They enjoyed it. Wilton Moanors is the gay area in FLL:

New Moon Bar

Stylish Lesbian Bar and Nightclub in Wilton Manors

Wilton Manors - 2440 Wilton Dr., Wilton Manors, FL

Hi tr here. My partner and I will be in Fort Lauderdale on May 2 for our cruise on the Valor. Do you know of any good lesbian clubs in the Fort Lauderdale area? Thank you, Karen

The best lesbian bar is New Moon in Wilton Manors (walking distance from our house) :D Was on Valor last year loved every minute of it. Enjoy your sailing.

newmoonbar dot com is the website

AnitaMarie

Edited by angelsbaby1

Speaking of great lesbian clubs... :p My girlfriend and I will be in New York on May 23 for our cruise. Do you know of any good lesbian clubs in Manhattan? We were thinking of Henrietta Hudson bar..... What about the Chueca? anyone been? Any other suggestions... Hip hop, R&B, Kizomba...

Thanks, Izz

Hi All - Anyone want to join us on a quick one-week winter getaway January 30, 2010 on the Sapphire Princess out of Los Angeles to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas? Sun, sea, cerveza and mexican food! Can't beat that.

Hey, Pussycat! - How are you guys doing? All's well here on the left coast.

Regards to all our sisters out there.

Carol and Linda.

My partner Linda and I sailed on the Carnival Freedom 10/01/08 with the same itinerary. It was a great cruise. Our first time visiting Europe. We stayed 3 days before and after in Rome. We took the train to port because it was so easy and much cheaper than transfers from Carnival. Let me know if you have any questions.

How was the weather when you were there? We are staying one night before in Rome and four nights afterwards! We have joined some tours with others we have met on our rollcall!! Did you love it? What were the highlights? I am SUPER excited!!

Mel

Carol & Linda! We're fine. Heading out to Columbus Isle next week, with a couple of days at Alhambra en route.

Mexican Riviera huh? Never been there. Would love to join you but we're doing the "O" Amazon cruise in February.

Glad things are good with you two.

Cheers.

Julie

> ^..^ <

How was the weather when you were there? We are staying one night before in Rome and four nights afterwards! We have joined some tours with others we have met on our rollcall!! Did you love it? What were the highlights? I am SUPER excited!!

Mel

The weather was great while we were there. Only had one day of light rain in Croatia. In Rome the highlight was definitely the Vatican, and the Colloseum. We stayed near the train station and purchased a 3 day Roma pass. The Roma pass was a great deal. It got you entrance (front of the line) @ 2 sights and discounts on others. It included use of the bus, subway. We used the subway. It was really easy. We purchased a Rick Steves book and that helped a lot. Be sure to go with a tour to the Vatican to avoid the lines. The cruise had many highlights but the best was Pomeii. You will really enjoy it. FYI the food on the ship was good but not great. Try the supper club once it was worth the extra charge.

Hey ladies...

I'm Dana and I haven't been here since 2005!!!

I don't have the funds to travel much, but.....here we go again!

My girlfriend will be booking RCI's Majesty of the Seas on Tuesday. It's a gift from her to me as I will be graduating with my Masters on May 28th. It's our second cruise as she actually surprised me for my birthday in 2005 with a weekend on Carnival's Imagination. She thought it would be fun to try a different cruise line this time.

I am sooooo excited!!!

Dana

P.S. Has anyone cruised this ship before?

No but you will have a fantastic time!! We sailed the Island princess last year!! Are you sailing from Vancouver or Seattle. We sailed from Vancouver and just LOVED it..It was fantastic..Highlights were, helicopter over glaciers with a walk on one, whitewater rafting trip, white pass railwoad trip!! Enjoy and take your camera with plenty of backup, you will not be disappointed!!

We are sailing from Seattle. On my first Alaskan cruise I did Vancouver to Whittier. We were on the Coral Princess for that one. This time we will be on the Star Princess. I would sail to Alaska every year if I lived in Seattle.

The weather was great while we were there. Only had one day of light rain in Croatia. In Rome the highlight was definitely the Vatican, and the Colloseum. We stayed near the train station and purchased a 3 day Roma pass. The Roma pass was a great deal. It got you entrance (front of the line) @ 2 sights and discounts on others. It included use of the bus, subway. We used the subway. It was really easy. We purchased a Rick Steves book and that helped a lot. Be sure to go with a tour to the Vatican to avoid the lines. The cruise had many highlights but the best was Pomeii. You will really enjoy it. FYI the food on the ship was good but not great. Try the supper club once it was worth the extra charge.

thanks for all your words of wisdom!! We will definately get the Roma pass for our four days at the end!! I have also booked the Scavi tour of the Vatican for us...Pompeii and Venice are the two places I have wanted to visit since I was a child !! I have the Rick Steves book too and find it wealth of information....

We rented an apartment in Rome for four days near Piazza Navona..

Hey ladies...

I'm Dana and I haven't been here since 2005!!!

I don't have the funds to travel much, but.....here we go again!

My girlfriend will be booking RCI's Majesty of the Seas on Tuesday. It's a gift from her to me as I will be graduating with my Masters on May 28th. It's our second cruise as she actually surprised me for my birthday in 2005 with a weekend on Carnival's Imagination. She thought it would be fun to try a different cruise line this time.

I am sooooo excited!!!

Dana

P.S. Has anyone cruised this ship before?

Oh have fun and congrats on the Masters!!

We are sailing from Seattle. On my first Alaskan cruise I did Vancouver to Whittier. We were on the Coral Princess for that one. This time we will be on the Star Princess. I would sail to Alaska every year if I lived in Seattle.

OH I agree, if we lived closer I would certainly cruise Alaska every year,EVEN twice a year lol

You will love it. Neat idea to rent an apartment. The guide books warn a lot about pick pocketing but we did not have any problems. I think a couple of people on the ship had a purse/wallet stolen but if you are aware you shouldn't have any problems. Have you started a roll call? We booked all of our shore excursions through the ship and if we could do it over would hae joined the cruise critic roll call and booked a few private ones. The ones through the ship were great but something smaller would have been nice.