Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Hello everyone,

My name is Nikki and I'm 33 and a sales rep for a medical supply company. My partner is Stacey who is 37 and a police officer in New Orleans. I've been cruising for years(since I was 10) and have always enjoyed it. I took Stacey on her first cruise last year for Christmas. We sailed on the Fantasy out of New Orleans and we had a very good time. We weren't very "open" about our orientation on that cruise as we didn't want to offend any of the breeders, but we're booked on that same cruise again for this November(couldn't beat the deal $379p/p for an Empress Deck OV). I think we'll not worry so much about the breeders this time and just have fun, relax, and be ourselves.

Stacey really wants to do an Olivia cruise, but I keep telling her that we can do 3 or 4 cruises for the price of just one Olivia. I agree it would be nice, but I really don't have a problem with not being surrounded by other lesbians, not enough to justify the cost.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Hello :D

globe9,

Welcome to the thread and I would like to agree with you about the cost factor of the Olivia cruise vs the main stream cruise lines. I'd much rather cruise atleast twice a year than once and be with all Lesbians.

We have thought of cruising out of New Orleans how is the cruise terminal there?? Thought it might be nice to spent a few nights in your town before cruiing out some day.

shan9700:)

globe9,

Welcome to the thread and I would like to agree with you about the cost factor of the Olivia cruise vs the main stream cruise lines. I'd much rather cruise atleast twice a year than once and be with all Lesbians.

We have thought of cruising out of New Orleans how is the cruise terminal there?? Thought it might be nice to spent a few nights in your town before cruiing out some day.

The cruise terminal here is brand new and very nice. The parking garage is on the top floors of the terminal. New Orleans, at least the touristy areas, are the same as they were pre-Katrina. Much of these areas weren't even damaged during the hurricane, but the ones that were have been rebuilt and in many cases, it's nicer than it was before Katrina. I welcome you to the city and hope if you ever do come, that you do stay and enjoy yourself.

Perfect information! I am going to sail on the Star April 8th out of LA. Is LAX the best airport to fly into? Do you think the prices will come down? Did you get massages at any of the ports?

Any info is good info....TY

Perfect information! I am going to sail on the Star April 8th out of LA. Is LAX the best airport to fly into? Do you think the prices will come down? Did you get massages at any of the ports?

If you can fly Jet Blue, it goes to Long Beach airport, which is very small and easy to get though and is also much closer to the port. If not, LAX is probably best.

You'll probably get the best fare going into LAX, but Long Beach is a good alternative. I doubt that pricing will come down, but NCL will work with you if there is a price reduction. So far we've not had time for "port" massages as our other excursions have taken most of our port time, along with a little shoping. There is lots of great info on these sites about all types of port activities, suggestions. We hardly ever book our excursions thru the cruise line, as we can book direct and save $$. We're headed off to the Western Caribean on 8/19 and I've allready booked all our excursions and saved lots of $$. What catagory cabin have you booked on the Star?? You'll love, love, love their Spa. Its at the back of the ship and has floor/ceiling windows with comfy lounge chairs and medatative feeling (all inside the ship). Kick back and watch the ships wake!!! Ahhh, I'm dying just thinking about it.:( Be sure to book your alternative dining once you get on, escpecially the Tepiani (sp) room (like bennie hanna) and Cagneys (steak/lobster). And the Tex-Mex (can't remember the name) restaurant fills up fast too. Have a ball!!!

Thank you so much....great stuff. How about this. I am going to be driving down from Monterey(a wedding). I have 2 nights to spend between Monterey and LAX(where I have to drop my 1 way car rental off at). If you're still with me....do you have any suggestions for 2 nights lodging? Big Sur cabin? Pismo Beach? Hotel near LAX?

BTW....the good info about Long Beach and Jet Blue was awesome. Flying my son and his g/f into there, and I will fly out of there....TY

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are 50 and 49. We live in Oregon and love to cruise! Were booked on the Carnival Spirit 5/2/08, 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver BC. (where we were married last August!) Our only other cruise together was Oct. 2005, Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean during hurricane Wilma. This made for a very exciting cruise. We took our 16 year old daughter and 27 members of my family also went along. I think we had the most fun of anyone on that ship. It was great! If anyone gets a chance to go to Belize you must try the Cave tubing. It was soooo much fun...

Does anyone have any advice on the best Hawaii things to do? We can't wait until May!

Kay & Cherie

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are 50 and 49. We live in Oregon and love to cruise! Were booked on the Carnival Spirit 5/2/08, 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver BC. (where we were married last August!) Our only other cruise together was Oct. 2005, Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean during hurricane Wilma. This made for a very exciting cruise. We took our 16 year old daughter and 27 members of my family also went along. I think we had the most fun of anyone on that ship. It was great! If anyone gets a chance to go to Belize you must try the Cave tubing. It was soooo much fun...

Does anyone have any advice on the best Hawaii things to do? We can't wait until May!

Kay & Cherie

Hi Kay & Cherie:

My partner and I (we are 50 and 48, but not lucky enough to be retired) were in Hawaii last month for a wedding. It was our second trip. There is a lot to do and it depends where you're going and what you like to do. On our first trip we hiked the rainforest on Maui (lots of waterfalls, certainly worth it), took a helicopter ride on Kauai (absolutely stunning, but we don't have a desire to return to Kauai -- too quiet), and swam with the dolphins on the big island (everyone should do this once-- expensive but definitely worth it).

For that matter, everything in Hawaii is expensive, but I believe all of the above are experiences of a lifetime and worth the money.

This past trip we spent in Maui and in Oahu on Waikiki, which we loved and to which we'll definitely return if we make another Hawaii trip). You can take a surfing lesson for $35 and they guarantee you get up or you don't have to pay. If you're the outdoors type you can hike Diamond Head, which is also right there. We took a trolly tour of Honolulu and that I would not recommend.

No matter what you decide to do, Hawaii is a beautiful place and I'm sure you'll love it.

Aloha!

Aloha Kay and Cherie,

We are both massage therapists on Maui. You will love it here, it is truly paradise. Have any questions? I will do my best to help you out.

Mo

Mo -- where in Maui do you work? Do you have a private practice? Or do you work for a spa?

Thank you so much....great stuff. How about this. I am going to be driving down from Monterey(a wedding). I have 2 nights to spend between Monterey and LAX(where I have to drop my 1 way car rental off at). If you're still with me....do you have any suggestions for 2 nights lodging? Big Sur cabin? Pismo Beach? Hotel near LAX?

BTW....the good info about Long Beach and Jet Blue was awesome. Flying my son and his g/f into there, and I will fly out of there....TY

If you are into lavish history type stuff, I highly recomend doing the Hearst Castle tour(s) in San Simeon. Its also a very pretty area. There is a Best Western Hotel that is on the ocean side and has rooms with fireplaces. Very nice. Monterey to Long Beach is less than an 8 hour drive so you can take your time driving down or just get here. There is also a place in Pismo called the Sea Venture Inn. Its on the beach and has Hot Tub on room deck overlooking Ocean. Also very nice. Santa Barbara area is nice, but I don't know of any place to suggest. The area around LAX is not very nice and its very noisy/dirty. You'd be better off staying in Long Beach at someplace like the Hyatt Regency. Puts you closer to San Pedro Cruise Terminal too. Hope this helps. :)

Hi everyone,

We have enjoyed reading all the post here all the way back to the original post. We too enjoy the life of cruising but have yet to experience a Olivia Cruise. Maybe next year. Our cruise experiences have been last minute and of great prices. We leave for our 3 cruise to Alaska the 1st of Sept. It's hard to pass up Alaska especially when you can book it for $449. What a steal! My partner and I were born to fish and I can't think of a better place to do it in. I do have one question, has anyone ever sailed on the Sapphire Princess?

Julie & Julie

Aloha Kay and Cherie,

We are both massage therapists on Maui. You will love it here, it is truly paradise. Have any questions? I will do my best to help you out.

Mo

Hi Mo n CJ,

We'll be in Maui on 3/7/08 (I think...based on the current itinerary for our cruise). We'll most likely want to do whale watching again, but might like to book some massages while we're there as well. (the ships spa massages are really pricey.) How would we go about booking with you? Do you do couples massages? That would really be a treat! I could surprise Bonnie, as she doesn't read these posts. 3/4/08 is our 10th anniversary and four years since we married in Portland, OR.

Please let me know as I think this would be a FABULOUS treat!:D

My partner and I are 50 and 49. We live in Oregon and love to cruise!

Kay & Cherie

Hi Kay & Cherie,

We are 55 and 56. We lived in Tigard, Or. for a few years (I worked in Wilsonville)...where are you?

We wnet to Hawaii this year and are going back in 2008. It was such a great experience.:D

The helicoper out of Kona (2 1/2 hours in the air) was great. We got to see some awesome lava flow, and with the recent activity, it would probably be even better. It was through Blue Hawaiian. We'll be doing the Kauai helicopter next year. It hear it's fantastic as well. We also love whale watching in Maui, but it needs to be between December and April to really see the most whales.

There really isn't much you could plan in Hawaii that you wouldn't enjoy. It's all about your interests and the level of activity you want to experience.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.:)

fishinjules,

Glad you girls joined the thread. We have never been Alaksan cruise so I can't help you there. But there are several people here that have and I'm sure they'll give you some great advise. But if you need information on the Carribean I'm your girl. Good luck on your cruise and have a great time.

OCLAdies....thanks again for the good info. Still putting the pieces together for that trip. Not sure yet how we will get from LAX to San Piedro....hoping there is a shuttle. I will still look into a drop off for a rental car near Long Beach.

Chesa....We both work in a nice spa in one of the major hotels here. It's really a great job, we love it.

Mythryl....I do not have my own office here, sorry. We stay very busy at the hotel. I can give you recommendations, though. The hotels here have very nice spas. But, they do charge more then the ships spas. There is a little spa in Wailuku and Lahaina that we use called the Blue Bamboo. For $55/50min. it's worth it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a nice spa....but, it is the best deal on the island. If you want a little nicer ambiance, Cabana massages are always nice....but the ship. at $99/hr is still a better deal.

One of my favorite helicopter trips during whale season is the Molokai/West Maui trip. If you see whales from above, it will be one of the best things, ever.

Hello,

Thank you everybody for all the suggestions. We're definately doing the helicopter tour and also some snorkeling. I've never done either. Cherie has gone snorking in Jamaica a long time ago.

We aren't sure what we're doing at our stop in Kona. We're up for almost anything.

We live (and work) in Grants Pass. We do get up to the Portland area every few months to see a show and visit relatives. We're in Southern California right now visiting and I didn't bring my laptop. So when I get home I'm going to figure out how to setup that countdown clock to the next cruise and attach a picture from our last cruise.

Thank again for all the info,

Kay & Cherie

Hello,

Thank you everybody for all the suggestions. We're definately doing the helicopter tour and also some snorkeling. I've never done either. Cherie has gone snorking in Jamaica a long time ago.

We aren't sure what we're doing at our stop in Kona. We're up for almost anything.

We live (and work) in Grants Pass. We do get up to the Portland area every few months to see a show and visit relatives. We're in Southern California right now visiting and I didn't bring my laptop. So when I get home I'm going to figure out how to setup that countdown clock to the next cruise and attach a picture from our last cruise.

Thank again for all the info,

Kay & Cherie

Hi Kay & Cherie,

A few of us from this thread will be sailing from Seattle for a quick 4 day cruise on the Mercury on 10/15/07...come on up and join us!

Vicki & Bonnie

Kay and Cherie - We second Mithryl's idea. Join us for the four day getaway on Celebrity Mercury 10/15/07 out of Seattle. Should be a fun little break! And no flying to get there! :)

Vicki and Bonnie - We're really starting the countdown now. Just finished all the wedding invitations and will mail them tomorrow. Linda just met the last of my relatives over the weekend and both sides passed with flying colors. Linda got her dress....still looking for shoes. My tux is finished and should be here in a week or two (I got it custom made from a tailor in Bangkok - took us all day just about to get all the measurements he wanted). Maybe I'll wear it for formal night on the Mercury....with a foo foo blouse :D . Looking forward to meeting you two.

See ya,

Carol (and Linda)

We would love to do that cruise! Thank you for the invitation but the timing is not good for us. We have had to take alot of time off work this year traveling to So. Cal. (Cherie's mom has been ill). So maybe we will be able to get in on another cruise. I did go and look up your itinerary. It looks like so much fun. When we were in Vancouver (last Aug) we didn't get a chance to see Victoria and that's place we really wanted to go.

Please let us know all about your trip.

Kay & Cherie