Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

We would love to do that cruise! Thank you for the invitation but the timing is not good for us. We have had to take alot of time off work this year traveling to So. Cal. (Cherie's mom has been ill). Kay & Cherie

Sorry to hear about Cherie's Mom. Mine lives with us now after her doctors advised two years ago that she should no longer live alone. Her health isn't bad, but she doesn't hear well at all and can only see (a little) out of one eye. I've become her ears and eyes for most things.

We'll have to see if all the "west-coasters" (and anyone else who would want to join us) can get together for a short cruise during the spring/summer/fall of 2008.

Hello All - Its so fun to see this thread so alive and vibrant!!! My parther and I have been cruising on and off for years, and we would love to get on your list and maybe meet up with some of you sometime. We are Suzanne (CPA turned UU Minister) and Nancy (RN) who live in the Bay Area of CA. We have been together 28 years.

I just finished reading all of the posts (instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing..) and have so many thoughts. I will try not to run on endlessly...

We LOVE to cruise and have done both straight and Olivia cruises. While it is hard to swallow the price we have had the best trips of our lives on Olivia and find it to be worth the money. We have also had great trips on other cruises, with our best (straight) friends, family and/or kids. To be honest, when its just us 2 we tend to take Olivia. We are so spoiled by Olivia that I can't even go to most of the shows on other trips and I have to work hard not to expect the personal service.

All the discussion on the cruise lines is interesting, We went on Carnival waayyyyy back and really didn't like the party atmosphere or the food, we didn't cruise again for a long time because of some of those experiences. Its good to hear they have changed. Our favorite cruiseline is SilverSeas, but we can't afford them all the time. The one we like the most in our price range is HAL, we think they have the best food and service. We liked RCL and Proncess fine, although we found the RCL cabins somewhat smaller and less well appointed than similar cabins in other ships. I know they have some new ships now and that may no longer be the case. We would not go on NCL again, we felt that the food and service was far below standard and we found freestyle dining frustrating, it definitely had a negative impact on our vacation.

Ok, I'll stop, its just my 2 cents. It sure is good to find this thread. I'll be back!!

Suzanne

Hi Vicki & Bonnie,

Thank you for the kind words. Cherie's mom is doing better. I guess since we're getting older, (ouch, it hurts to say that!) we're starting to deal with more of these kinds of things. Does your mom go on any of the cruises with you?

I was just looking on the Carnival website at our booking and found out they added Kauai to our itinerary! Has anyone done the tubing in the canals on Kauai?

Hi Carol & Linda,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! When is the big day? It's such an exciting time.

We had so much fun just planning our wedding. When the day finally arrived it was better than we could have dream. I'm going to try to attach a picture. (If it works) It's Cherie on the Left and me (Kay) on the right. 8/20/06 our wedding day!

Kay & Cherie

374620720_Ourwedding8-20-06-17Small.jpg.ac3ed9d052e297089a92078bbfda5279.jpg

Welcome Suzanne,

Cogratulations to you and Nancy being together for 28 years...wow!

We sailed out of SF two years ago on a 10 day Mexican Riveria that also incluced Catalina and San Diego.

Glad you found us. We look forward to hearing more and perhaps meeting up with you on an upcoming cruise.

Kay and Cherie,

Great pic! Thanks for sharing. Once I figure out our new scanner, I'll try to post a pic of us from our last cruise (formal night).

Yes, my Mom has cruised with us, twice. Once to the Caribbean and once on our 10 day Mexico trip. She's having more trouble with the weight of the cabin doors, etc. so is less independent that she want's to be. We invited her on our RT to Hawaii last year, but she declined. Said she wanted to keep the memories she had of being theere with my Dad years ago.

She's stll interested in seeing Alaska and the Panama Canal, so we may get her on another cruise or two in the next few years. We're considering adding an Alaska cruise in summer of 2008...she may not be able to resist that.

Don't know if anyone saw or has heard of "The Secret". It got alot of press through Oprah, etc. Anyway, Ester Hicks, who was a part of the original filming of "The Secret" does about 3 cruises a year (Mexico, Med. and Alaska) offering about 14 hours of workshop time per cruise. As far as I can tell, she uses HAL exclusively.

She has great group rates for all the cruises she does, so we're considering the July 2008 cruise!

Vicki - We might be interested in Esther Hicks' cruise as well. Where did you find the information?? Our email is cahoffman145@comcast.net if you would like to reply privately. Thanks. Carol.

Kay and Cherie - Belated congratulations on your marriage in August 2006. We are being married in Victoria on October 13, 2007 and will sail on the Mercury on 10/15 as a mini-honeymoon cruise. Our wedding started out as just us and two witnesses and has mushroomed into family flying in from California and Oklahoma and driving in from all over Washington, as well as local friends who want to attend. Pretty exciting! So sorry you won't be able to sail with us and Mithryl on the 10/15/07 4-niter on Mercury. Would be a lot of fun!

Stephensmom - Welcome to the thread and congrats on 28 years. That's terrific. We agree the price on Olivia is hard to swallow, but we are sooooo looking forward to our first Olivia cruise. We just hope it doesn't spoil it for future straight cruises, as we can't really afford that premium price as a norm.

Have a good week everybody.

Carol (and Linda)

Hello All,

My name is Deb and my partner Chris will be sailing on Celebrity Infinity July 2008 to Alaska. This is our second Celebrity cruise. I have been reading the boards and haven't posted because our cruise is so far from now but thought I would join in. If anyone is considering an Alaska cruise next year, Celebrity is a great line. They had a FOD party on the last cruise and we met a few people. It was my 50th birthday so we had a group with us. Everyone was nice on the ship and never had an issue being gay with anyone. I will continue to monitor the boards. All of you travelling soon, have a great trip! Deb

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in quite a while but I thought I would say hello. Savanna and I are looking at cruises in October. We're going to Hawaii for our wedding and then taking a cruise for the honeymoon. I hope everyone is well. :)

Hello All,

My name is Deb and my partner Chris will be sailing on Celebrity Infinity July 2008 to Alaska. This is our second Celebrity cruise. I have been reading the boards and haven't posted because our cruise is so far from now but thought I would join in. If anyone is considering an Alaska cruise next year, Celebrity is a great line. They had a FOD party on the last cruise and we met a few people. It was my 50th birthday so we had a group with us. Everyone was nice on the ship and never had an issue being gay with anyone. I will continue to monitor the boards. All of you travelling soon, have a great trip!

Deb

Welcome Deb & Chris,

I see you'll be sailing on the Infinity next summer. Which other Celebrity ship did you sail on? We'll be on the Mercury in a few months, so just curious.

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in quite a while but I thought I would say hello. Savanna and I are looking at cruises in October. We're going to Hawaii for our wedding and then taking a cruise for the honeymoon. I hope everyone is well. :)

Hi Sunnyshine,

Congratulations on your up-coming wedding! Are you looking to sail from Hawaii or thinking of some other cruise for your honeymoon? If you're looking for a short one, you could join us on our 10/15 - 10/19 cruise out of Seattle!

Actually, we sailed on the Mercury in January/February 2004. I know the Mercury just had an overhaul here in SF and others on the Celebrity boards are raving about the upgrades. We spent 11 days to Mexico from San Diego as a surprise birthday present for my 50th. I enjoyed it alot and the ship is very nice - not to big and not to small. I understand the Infinity is much larger and it takes more time to get from one end to the other. I will get my exercise!

mithryl,

I'm the same way I love to take a walk on the deck under the stars after dinner. Something about the night air when your in the middle of the ocean. We usually take a walk around the ship after meals. I love to sneek in a nap after our lunch walk.

Another one of my favorites is watching a movie after dinner when we're on a ship with a out movie screen. That is a real treat when it's snowing back home and we're kicking back watching a movie under the stars in shorts.

Have a great weekend,

shan9700:)

Hi everyone! I am so glad to find this thread. My partner (41) and I (31) took our first cruise in May 07. My partner, Kelly, loved it. I liked everything but the day at sea. I ate wayyy too much. :eek:

We have two cruises planned - an Eastern Caribbean September 07 Carnival and a Western Caribbean December 08 Carnival. You might say that we caught on quick.

Anyway, hello from Kansas City, MO. I hope this thread develops into a forum like the DIS boards.

Heather

Welcome IndigoFairy!

We'll be anxious to hear about your Sept. 7th cruise. If you ever take a cruise with a lot of sea days, you may learn to appreciate them more. They can be very relaxing, if you can keep the temptation to hit the buffet several times a day at bay.

Enjoy your second cruise!

IndigoFairy,

Welcome to the thread. We'll be looking forward to hearing about your cruises. I love the Caribbean cruise I got to admit I think I like the Eastern better than the Western. Both when it's snowing out side I'll take either one.

Have a great time and give us all the details whenyou guys gets back.

shan9700

Sunnyshine,

Have you decided on your October cruise yet?

I'm glad to join this theard. My partner and I love to cruise I'm 31 she's 25 I'm more the travel "head" cruising has become an addiction. We're both from NJ ~ Elizabeth she's originally from Hoboken. We've been together 6 years and 5 months on 9/1/07.

We've been on 3 cruises and already planning the next one. The 1st one we went on was the Eastern Caribbean on the Golden Princess 4/06 out of San Juan. We went with our best friends who are also a gay couple but they are boys :) The 2nd one we went on was to celebrate my BIG 30 on 8/06 it was a short one :( 3 night cruise to the Bahamas on RCL Majesty OS out of Miami and we spent two nights in Miami. I do not recommend short cruises they are such a tease lol :p The 3rd one we just went on this year 5/07 it was a Western Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on the Caribbean Princess. That one we went with another couple this time it was girls :D The one we are looking to go on next is for next year *crossing my fingers* out of Bayonne 9 night RCL Explorer OS with two other couples ~ boys :)

I think that's all on me glad to be here and can't wait to continue chatting with you all. How about posting some of your favorite cruise pics?

I'm at work and don't have any here will post when I get home ;)

Jess,

Glad you joined the thread. We look forward to seeing your pictures. I took my Mom on the Majesty of the Sea for a quick four day cruise. We enjoyed RCL. Normally my partner and our family travel Carnival. We'll have to put some cruise pictures up too.

Have a good weekend,

shan9700:)