Radiance of the Seas

roxies10

CHristmas week 2007!!

1st - starboard or port side?

With the ports of San Juan, St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten and Nassau will the balcony side make a big difference? RC said that many people prefer port side but the agents are no longer permitted to guarantee a view since so many of the ships have to turn in a direction that may take the view away. I would think that applies to the much bigger ships. How about Radiance which is a little smaller?

Currently we're in 9608, 9612, 9614 and 9616.

Cabins 9202-9212 were available on the Port side if I want to switch us.

Any recommendations?

Did Freedom this past Christmas and it was a great experience for all.

I really don't think it makes a big difference. I believe most of the time our cabin which was port side (8070) was port side. Remember that unless you are on the hump, you won't be able to see straight down because of the life boat overhang. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.

We loved cruising on the Radiance to the ports you will be going to. The ship itself is a little old, but we thought it was kept up great. The service was the best we have experienced. We did have a bit of rough seas, but it wasn't too bad.

You should have a wonderful time.

I've been in cabins on both port and starboard side going into San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Each time we docked, we were on our balconies.

All things being equal, I would do port side if possible. I preferred the view going in and out of those ports on that side.

One note, though. . . I did prefer the starboard side when we were *leaving* San Juan (and heading to St. Thomas) because of the view the fort, Old Town, and the coast.

Chris

Archived