Grand Bahama rcl excursions......?

I think flamingosun is referring to Grand Cayman, not Grand Bahamas.

We've read (& plan to try on our VOS cruise in Sept) that the best thing to do is pay the $5 pp cab fee and just go to Lucaya marketplace/beach. Apparently you can use the beaches for free, only have to pay for chairs (quite steep), and there are bars, bathrooms, and lots of shopping. If the weather's nice, and we want a beach/shopping day, that's our plan.

We'd love to do the dolphin swim there - heard great things about it, but it's expensive $169pp, and my son is about 54" and the requirement is 55". Not sure how strict they are, but don't want to try to find out. So we're doing the swim in Jamaica instead, even though I've heard it's not as good, but at least he'll get to do it.

Marciemi, it was the Dolphin Encounter that we did in Nassau, not the Dolphin Swim. I don't think that the Encounter has the same restrictions. In our group there was a little boy who was about three or four years old. The Encounter doesn't involve any swimming or anything like that. You are standing in the water on a platform. You can see what I mean in our pictures on our website.

Archived