Long Sleeves

Buddyjay16

How many of your Formal Dresses/Pansuits have long sleeves? I have a formal Dress and very fancy Pantsuit and both are not a heavy material but they both have long sleeves. Will I be sweating it out?

TIA!

Buddyjay16

I think you will be glad that you have long sleeves on your outfits. I find the public rooms and dining rooms in particular quite chilly. I wore one outfit with blouse and velvet jacket and was very comfortable.

I would pass out if I had long sleeves on in the Caribbean! I hear people talk about how cold the dining rooms are, but I've never experienced that. I've always worn spaghetti straps and been fine. I took a wrap one time - never again. All I did was have to haul it around.

So, it really depends on if you are hot or cold natured.

Just came off the of MSC Opera, brought and wore long sleeves in the evening. Brought one sleeveless and did not wear it at all - anything under 74 degrees in the evening and I need long sleeves. One of my dresses was long sleeve velvet and was very glad I had it. People keep saying you dress for the climate not for the season - but that is another can of worms.

i think the majority of ladies will agree that the rooms/areas inside are usually comfortable to chilly. I think long sleeves would be fine. I wore a wrap all the time when we were in the caribbean in November. Ok, i didn't wear it when i was outside on the outer decks - too humid!

I am taking a long sleeve velvet top and skirt. I hate to be cold....from what I hear it gets quite chilly in some of those rooms, so I am going to be comfy no matter what!!! I am wearing this dress, it is going to be comfortable, and I am going to look goooood in it!!!

I could care less what anyone else may think!!! Because when I am chilled, I am unhappy, so I need to be happy!!!

besides, if I get hot, I will go to the room and change, no biggie!!!!

Hope you have a great time!! I am leaving on the 28th, starting to get packed. When are you leaving?

Maybe it depends upon you acclamation--or where you live and the weather you are used to. Personally, I freeze most of the time. We are from Arizona and really are not used to cold. I take my silk long underwear with me on all my trips. ON MOST TRIPS, I needed them! So, I love to stay warm, I wear long sleeves.

It always makes me laugh when people say how could you wear long sleeves in the Carribean? You're not wearing them on the islands in the hot sun....you're talking about the dining room..around the ship and in the shows where the air conditioner is pumping out cold air. I've been on 13 cruises now and have ALWAYS found the dining room cold. Whenever I've worn sleeveless I've needed a wrap.

And in the shows...it can be FREEZING !!!!!!!!

Archived