Belize Zip line and cave tubing tour

grumye

Hello all, I need a little info on this tour...has anyone done this one and if so could you give me a report on how it was? My daughter found it on line and really wants to go on it, so info on this would be greatly appreciated. It is thru "Island Marteting, Inc" Canopy zipline tour...X-stream cave tubing in Belize. Thanks in advance for any posts.

My husband and I did the cave tubing tour in Belize and it was wonderful! I highly recommend it.

It takes quite a while to get to the caves (maybe about an hour??), so I might suggest only doing the cave tubing in Belize and do the zipline at another port -- especially since many places have ziplining (canopy tour) and I believe cave tubing is only offered in Belize. We enjoyed the canopy tour in Roatan.

We didn't book cave tubing in advance -- when we got off the ship in Belize there were tons of companies selling the cave tubing tours.

I hope this helps!

I haven't done the excursion yet, but I have booked the zip lining and cave tubing tour through NCL for my upcoming cruise on the Sun. I'm sure it is more than booking them on your own, but because they are far from port and take a while, I don't have to worry if we are running late returning to the ship.

I booked this tour through Nacho and Cynthia, better known as NCQ tours. They are very reliable and they give a GREAT tour. We had 9 in our group and due to the rain the tendering was running late. The NCL Dream does NOT let you off if you don't have a yellow shore tour card, so don't even try. Just get tender tickets as early as you can to be among the first of the tenders off after the Shore tours are gone.

He waited until 11:30 for us! We were sure he would have given up on us, but he did not. However since it was so late we had to pick which one we wanted to do....cave tubing or ziplining. He brought his air conditioned van and took us on a small city tour and up to the place where they have the cave tubing and the ziplining. They are both held at a place called Jaguar Paw resort. If you book with nacho, you get a real Belizean lunch and get to see the resort.

The ziplining is Awesome!!! after getting your gear on, including a smelly hardhat worn by a zillion other sweaty people, you are told to climb the path up to the first platform. It is quite a hike uphill, and I was wishing I had my kids energy as they skipped past me while I was huffing and puffing to get up the hill. There was no time to back out or be scared. He gave me a quick lesson in how to brake with my glove and said "sit down" and there you go...sailing over the trees. It was a lot of fun and I am glad we did it.

In 2005 I did the cave tubing with Nacho also. Since he uses the Jaguar paw resort, you only have a 20 minute hike through the jungle, not a 55 minute hike. We went through 2 caves, but the water was low and we had to paddle quite a bit. We enjoyed that toru with Nacho and Cynthia also. He has a great repuation on these boards and will get you back to the ship in time. I highly recommend them, it is just tough to get off the ship early if you don't book through the ship.

We booked this tour through NCL on our Nov. 26th Sun cruise and while it was alittle pricey, like someone stated earlier, even if it would have run late, the ship would have waited.

BOTH ziplining and cave tubing are included, along with a nice lunch.

It was a VERY nice tour. Everyone had fun.

ENJOY!!!

We did Zip Lining in Costa Rica last year. My nephew and his friend (18yo) and my BIL (who is in great physical shape) loved it. My sister finished because her famiiy would have never let her live it down. On the first line my husband (who is not in great physical shape) braked too early and hung from the line for about 10 minutes until someone came and pulled him up...he couldn't pull himself up the line as it was very slack and steep since it was the "slow" line. He was okay after that and did enjoy it, but...

I'm not afraid of heights or speed. You need to know that in advance. After I went down the first (and slowest, supposedly) line, my ENTIRE body was shaking. I would have quit then if they would have let me shimmy down the tree...I didn't care how high up we were, nor did I care that it wasn't safe for me to shimmy down. I would have done it. I had to sit down on the platform and the "catcher" gave me her water because she thought I might pass out. I had to go two more lines before I could quit. It didn't get better for me.

I have NEVER been so scared before. I'm pretty adventurous, but I think to do this you have to have a death wish. And I was the one who convinced the rest of my family to go. Thank God my mother was sick and didn't go. She probably would have not made it and we would have had to cut our trip short..and that would have been a pity.

My husband did quit with me because he was concerned about me. He thought I might stroke out or have a heart attack as I was shaking so hard and was VERY short of breath...because I was too scared.

If you are in good physical shape, enjoy the X-games and have a death wish, go on the Zip Line. Otherwise, lay on the beach.

Just my story.

We also booked this excursion through Nacho and Cynthia on the Sun and that we needed to be on the first tender. Nacho said to just get in line and that they don't check to see if you are w/ the ship tour. Has anyone done this and did you have any difficulty getting off the ship! Help, I really don't want to miss the tour!! Thank you!

We were on the Sun the first week of January. I asked where and what time the zip line tour was meeting. Many of the tours were meeting in the 4 seasons restaurant around 8 that morning. I had arrranged for 14 of us to go with Nacho and Cynthia, so i told the group to all be at the 4 seasons at 8Am. When the 1st tour was announced, I saw that noone was asked to show tickets, so our group just got in line and got on one of the first tenders. We had no problem at all.

l.We were on the Sun the first week of January. I asked where and what time the zip line tour was meeting. Many of the tours were meeting in the 4 seasons restaurant around 8 that morning. I had arrranged for 14 of us to go with Nacho and Cynthia, so i told the group to all be at the 4 seasons at 8Am. When the 1st tour was announced, I saw that noone was asked to show tickets, so our group just got in line and got on one of the first tenders. We had no problem at al l Thanx, I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue but when I saw people having problems getting off the Dream I got worried, now if she gets out of dry dock on time...:D

They INSISTED that we show them the yellow shore excursion tickets just as we were giving them the room key to exit the ship. I tried to tell them they were buried in my bag, but they said you HAVE TO HAVE THEM!!!! Now it could have been due to the fact that they were so late in tendering and they anticipated a lot of people trying to "sneak off". I think to be safe, I would go grab tender tickets for yourselves so that you have the earliest tender tickets number, just in case they insist that you show your yellow shore tour card. Maybe the guy who was manning the exit doors was just in a bad mood, I know it kind of pisses me off that they almost force you to buy from them if you want to see the most of belize. On Carnival we got off first thing no problem at all..... we were off the ship by 8:30 am that time.

Hello all, I need a little info on this tour...has anyone done this one and if so could you give me a report on how it was? My daughter found it on line and really wants to go on it, so info on this would be greatly appreciated. It is thru "Island Marteting, Inc" Canopy zipline tour...X-stream cave tubing in Belize. Thanks in advance for any posts.

My brother and I will be on the NCL Sun on feb 11, 2007. I will be doing a snorkling tour but he wants to do the cave and zipline. The ships tour is sold out but if we can find someone else to go he can do it with an off boat company. The cost is $105. you can check them out at jaguarpaw.com and click on cruise ships. any takers???

I recommend Nacho and Cynthia from NCQ adventures. If you want to do the zipline only he charges $95 and it includes a lunch in the Jaguar Paw resort. If you want to do cave tubing too the charge is $110

I suggest you go to Jaguarpaw.com and book with them. We did a zipline and tubing tour with them last year and it was great. We were a private party of four. We were taken by van to the resort, did the zipline, then had lunch, did the tubing and headed back to the ship. It was a full day and we didn't have to deal with crowds and we got a lot of information about belize and so on. Great tour, lots of fun and good food! We had a blast ($100.00 USD per person)

Rigger

Archived