Who will dine with me?

dalitos

After reading all these replies, I just hope we are seated with a family group, with kids their ages. Last thing I want ruining my cruise is some anti-kid people....

On all four of our cruises we have been seated with families that had kids about the same age as ours. My next cruise will be child-free, and if I get seated with kids, I will relish the opportunity to converse with them as much as an adult. Each person is a potentially interesting individual, regardless of age. Of course, I would not like to find myself stuck next to a whining, misbehaving, self-involved kid, but that goes for adults as well.

Jan

On all four of our cruises we have been seated with families that had kids about the same age as ours. My next cruise will be child-free, and if I get seated with kids, I will relish the opportunity to converse with them as much as an adult. Each person is a potentially interesting individual, regardless of age. Of course, I would not like to find myself stuck next to a whining, misbehaving, self-involved kid, but that goes for adults as well.

Jan

So true, Jarie!

Our first cruise, we sat with a husband & wife w/ their 2 teen daughters. These girls were so dry, course their parents were too. They knew everything and had cruised all over the world, offering advice to us, even when it was not requested. We had a good laugh about them after dinner every night. This time around, I hope we have a family that is interesting and not so dry and bland. But if we do, we'll just deal with it & have another reason to laugh later! LOL:rolleyes:

How very uncomfortable. As a woman who occasionally travels with other women (none of us are gay), I would love being seated at a table with gay men. It's refreshing to have the element of someone being "hit on" taken out of the experience so that you can enjoy talking.

Jan

So far, nothing beats the night we went to dinner and one of the ladies was embolded by her libation. She started asking quite explicit sexual questions about the two of us. He husband was livid. I was careful to answer without actually answering. It was hilarious. Later that evening as we went for the Champagne pouring (this was on Princess) and all the CD came by to say hello to us (let's just say, it was a very happy crew) she was asking them all kinds of quite bold questions as well. Needless to say, they CD avoided us for the rest of the evening, but we had plenty to talk about the next day when they saw us alone.

Archived