Which car rental company will shuttle from MIA to Port of Miami?

Mark, all I can tell you is that I called again and they put me on hold to find out since their notes said NO shuttle. They wanted to know too since that is the info they are giving out. They said no since they do not pay taxes to the port they are not allowed there. I will try again to the local office in the hotel. If I can find out which one! Thanks.

MArk: the funny thing is on the site it says we pick up policy. There are 2 locations, I will just give them a call. One is on 2nd Ave and the other is Dixie Highway. Can you recall? Am on the phone with them, and they said there is now a 10$ fee for a taxi to the port from their rental agency. This is a new policy and this call center just got the email on this last sunday. And he said that the local pick up spot called into the toll free number asking them to stop sending people there for free shuttles since there are none! i asked about the pick up policy and they said that is from your home or business, not the port. So things have changed.

We called the toll-free number for Dollar this past Tuesday. They looked up our car reservation and noted that we were dropping off at the airport. They told us they have a complimentary shuttle to the port. Our reservation was annotated as such. Guess we'll see.

How long is the walk to the port from MIA? :D

MArk: the funny thing is on the site it says we pick up policy. There are 2 locations, I will just give them a call. One is on 2nd Ave and the other is Dixie Highway. Can you recall? Am on the phone with them, and they said there is now a 10$ fee for a taxi to the port from their rental agency. This is a new policy and this call center just got the email on this last sunday. And he said that the local pick up spot called into the toll free number asking them to stop sending people there for free shuttles since there are none! i asked about the pick up policy and they said that is from your home or business, not the port. So things have changed.

I guess so, it wasn't the Dixie hwy, ( i would have remembered that name) so must have been 2nd Ave. W used then 200 days ago so things may have changed, but they did have a shuttle bus. Unfortunate if they changed policy. BTW since you can negotiate with them on price (locally not nationally) they still may pay for your taxi as part of the negotiations.

Not worth the risk when we get there even with the 20% off coupon I have if I use them. That would pay for the cab. And with 4 of us and then a tip it defeats the purpose of renting a car. Do not want another expense. would rather go with a sure thing that has the shuttles, it comes it less than 2 dollars diff in the cost. And I have an alamo upgrade coupon...so... will just stick to the one that has the shuttle. Thanks for all the input.

Archived