Excursions and Carnival Babysitting Hours

sukale10

Hi - Leaving for our 1st cruise with our 14 mo old this Sun - can't wait!

Here's our plan:

Belize: No excursion. There's a snorkel to Caye Caulker with Tsunami Adv. but it would get us back 1:30 - way past the noon pickup for under 2yr old Carnival port babysitting. So we'll just get a 10:30 water taxi to CC oursselves and hang out there. ANYONE KNOW A GOOD BEACH, WHERE EXACTLY ON CC AND A GOOD SPOT TO GO OFF SHORE SNORKELLING?

Cayman: Capt Marvin's 1.5hr Snorkel excusion. This is from 8:30 - 10:45 so we can still meet the noon Carnival babysitting pickup time.

After we pick her up, we'll grab lunch on the boat, and come back out to hit 7 Mi Beach or Sea Grape Beach - IS THIS ONE IN THE SAME? ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH TAXI FARE TO THESE BEACHES?

Roatan: No excursion. Will grab taxi and go to West Bay for shopping/walking around and then to West Bay/Tabayana Reef. ANYONE KNOW A GOOD BEACH, WHERE EXACTLY ON West Bay Beach, AND A GOOD SPOT TO GO OFF SHORE SNORKELLING?

Cozumel: No excursion - prob do Playa Azul or Uva or last resort PAradis Beach.

ACTUALLY IF ANYONE KNOWS OF OTHER EXCURSIONS THAT WE CAN DO IN THE MORNINGS AND STILL B BACK BY NOON, LET ME KNOW!

Any responses/trhoughts/feedback on the above is MUCH appreciated!

Sue

Hi - Leaving for our 1st cruise with our 14 mo old this Sun - can't wait!

Here's our plan:

Cayman: Capt Marvin's 1.5hr Snorkel excusion. This is from 8:30 - 10:45 so we can still meet the noon Carnival babysitting pickup time.

After we pick her up, we'll grab lunch on the boat, and come back out to hit 7 Mi Beach or Sea Grape Beach - IS THIS ONE IN THE SAME? ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH TAXI FARE TO THESE BEACHES?

Cozumel: No excursion - prob do Playa Azul or Uva or last resort PAradis Beach.

ACTUALLY IF ANYONE KNOWS OF OTHER EXCURSIONS THAT WE CAN DO IN THE MORNINGS AND STILL B BACK BY NOON, LET ME KNOW!

Any responses/trhoughts/feedback on the above is MUCH appreciated!

Sue

Hi Sue,

we were just on Miracle in early December with our almost 2 yr old.

On Grand Cayman we had our umbrella stroller and took the public bus ($3 or $4 per person I think) up the road to the butterfly farm where our son had a fun time and we took tons of photos then walked just around the corner up the road to the royal palms beachfront. good food, fairly priced, calm waters, lockers and they watched our stroller while we swam, then took a van-cab back (very inexpensively, maybe $10-$12?)

from my understanding 7 mile beach is the name for the entire beach all the way up 7 mile road (the major big road along the coast). Multiple places have a section of it where you can rent lockers, buy food drinks etc. We chose Royal palms for the closeness to the butterfly farm ($15 per person to get in, under age 2=free) and it was great. not too crowded, friendly staff and affordabe good food.

on Cozumel my hubby did the mexican cooking excursion thru Carnival at Playa Mia resort and I joined him there (a few hours later when I could finally tender off the ship :( Carnival tenders were awful that day!

Playa Mia was fun and nice and affordable I thought. They have a great kiddie pool that is perfect for toddlers. I think it is freshwater but not positive. I remember not minding going underwater so it was prob. freshwater. I took a cab to playa mia and it was around $12 I think for me and my son & his stroller. I would recommend bringing your child to playa mia with you for the whole day of fun.

hope you have a great time, we did!

Colleen

here is the info on Playa Mia...

Playa Mia® is a beach park where you can enjoy lots of fun activities, such as, kayaks, paddle boats, water trampoline, parasailing, wave runners, snorkeling and scuba diving, hair braiding, temporary tattoos, rock climbing wall, bungee trampoline, Hobiecats, freshwater swimming pool, floating mats and Aquatic Iceberg, to name a few.

Our park hours are from 09:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Saturday. We are open Sunday when a cruise ship is in port.

The entrance packages available at the gate of the park are as follows:

- BASIC $ 12.00 USD (tax included)

- FIESTA $ 35.00 USD (tax included)

- PREMIUM $ 42.00 USD (tax included)

Prices are for adults and children. Children age 2 and under enter free.

The differences between the packages are listed below:

Basic package: Entrance to park, sun chair, all non-motorized water sports and park facilities.

Fiesta package: Basic + unlimited domestic open bar (draft beer, bottled water, soft drinks, Margaritas, Rum Punch, Piña Coladas, Daiquiris in assorted flavors, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Brandy, Mezcal, fruit juices and coffee.)

Premium package: Fiesta + International buffet, towel & snorkel equipment (mask,fins & snorkel)

Taxis are available from downtown and the piers and should be from $ 15.00 to $ 20.00 USD one way for up to 4 persons. We have taxis available at our gate when you are ready to return. You should allot a minimum of 15 minutes for your return trip to downtown from our park.

Credit / debit cards with Visa or Mastercard and American Express, U.S. and Mexican currency and travelers checks are accepted at our entrance and restaurants.

A description of each package can be found on our website at www.playamia.com under THE PARK; PACKAGES.

Food and drinks are available for purchase seperately if not purchasing an inclusive package. The International buffet is $12.00 USD per person and is available Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST. Soft drinks & bottled purified water are $ 2.00 USD each. Other food and drinks having varying prices.

Life jackets are available near the non-motorized water toys, which are included in your entrance package.

BEACH UMBRELLAS are available for rent: $ 5.00 USD refundable deposit required and $ 4.00 USD for daily rental per umbrella.

BEACH TOWEL rental is available: $ 5.00 USD refundable deposit required and $ 3.00 USD daily rental fee per towel.

LOCKERS are available for daily rental: $ 5.00 USD refundable deposit required and $ 3.00 rental per locker.

OUTDOOR MASSAGE: $ 45.00 USD for 30 minutes or $ 80.00 USD for a full hour.

SNORKEL equipment is available from our Marina in order to experience our Underwater Mayan City located in the ocean just off our private beach. Snorkel gear is available for rent for $ 12.00 USD per person. Rental includes mask, fins & snorkel. Guests are allowed to bring own equipment.

Archived