'Deluxe Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party' excursion through Carnival

avalanche15

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this excursion offered by Carnival in Cozumel. Usually, my wife and I book private charters, but this tour sounded interesting, except that they don't mention where you snorkel, the name of the beach or much else. Here's the (limited) details listed from the Carnival site.

What better way to enjoy the beautiful island of Cozumel from both land and sea aboard a 65-ft. ocean catamaran.

On this excursion you will:

• Sail off the coast of the island and snorkel the area’s pristine waters.
  • Swim among fantastic and colorful fish.
  • After snorkeling, enjoy complimentary beer, margaritas or sodas.
  • Make your way to one of the island’s beautiful beaches.
  • Have access to beach volleyball, sea kayaks and beach floats, all included.
  • Return to the ship after your beach party.

We did this excursion last month and enjoyed it.

To answer your questions, where you snorkle depends on the weather. We were about a half mile off the southern coast. The beach does not have a name, as it is a private beach only for those on excursions with that particular company. Its very nice, and because it is not open to the public it did not seem crowded, despite two other groups there at the same time. The crew on the catamaran was fantastic, very friendly and knowledgeable. The one thing you may want to consider is the time frame. You get about 30 minutes of snorkle time, about one hour at the beach, and about a 30 minute ride to and form the snorkle site. They have an optional lunch available at the beach (burgers, pasta salad and fruit). Athogh we didn't buy it (I think $7 per person) we heard from others that it was pretty good. I would recommend this excursion.

Thanks for the info cruzeluver. Was hoping for some more snorkel time though, but it still sounds like it may work out. We'll be there in late April, so hopefully the weather will be good. How many people were on the tour with you cruzeluver?

Anyone else have any recommendations for similar tours? Something with sailing(catamaran,etc.)/snorkeling/beech(perferably all inclusive)???

• 2 years later...

I believe either Fisherman Jim or PB Tom can confirm, but the beach does not belong to the tour operator (Fury Catamarans), they lease it. Last I knew there is no such thing as a "private" beach in Cozumel. :)

That being said, DW and I have done this, both on a cruise and land vacation, and had a good time on both. Have fun!

If you want to concentrate on snorkeling specifically, try this.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Erdsnkl?From=Snorkeling

Archived