Roatan Diving: Bananarama? or better recommendations?

mmisaac

I will be in Roatan in about 3 weeks and want to dive! However, I have heard some great suggestions regarding dive operators, but none mention Bananarama. I found them on the internet, and they sound impressive. Has any had any first hand experience with them? Also, please recommend any other dive operators that offer great diving, lunch AND equipment at a good price.
Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Go to CoCo View resort. It is the best. Very easy shore diving. Have them come to pick you up. It is on a little tiny seperate island. You will be GLAD to get away from downtown Roatan. It is poor and dirty and yuck. You will LOVE CoCo view if you are a diver. We went for the day. Did 2 dives. There is a wreck right off the beach - follow the bottles on teh rope to the wreck - look for some moray eels. The green ones. Very cool. You will have a good time. We took some killer pictures. Look around for the Jesus lizards topside. NEAT.
The place is a resort for divers. It is worth going to. They will take good care of you!
Any questions?
Lucky

I cannot speak for the other operators, but we dove Roatan in May off of the CCL Paradise.
We went with Bay Island Beach Resort.
They did a terrific job.
We got there really early. They picked us up at the pier, had breakfast ready for us when we arrived, took us out for two tanks on the boat and then we came back to a leisurely lunch and a trip back to the pier. We got the grand tour there and back from our cab driver. Roatan stops everything once a cruise ships ports. It is a beautiful place with TONS of life under the water. The coral is still in incredible condition and the water is beautifully clear.
This was one of the best dives that I have ever experienced. I would do it again in a milli-second.
The operators were very safety oriented, as well. We saw wildlife that I have not seen elsewhere on this barrier reef and we have dived the Western Caribbean several times.
We saw some HUGE turtles...and sharks...and a HUGE moray eel...a grouper the size of the largest diver in our group...and all of the typical butterfly, angel, and pretty much all of the typical fare in the Caribbean in one dive!
Whoever you dive with, I am sure you will be highly pleased. Don't miss this port for diving!
--Dee

09/04/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;09;04;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived