What's the difference between these dolphin excursions?

KTownGirl

Hi,

I'd like to go swimming with Dolphins while in Cozumel, but I'm not sure which excursion to go with and what the difference is between these four. Can you help? Here's the ones I'm deciding between:

1. Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab Park-through Carnival

2. Dolphin Swim and Snorkel at Chankanaab Park -through Carnival

3. Dolphin Encounter -through Dolphin Discovery

4. Dolphin Royal Swim - through Dolphin Discovery

Thanks!!

event.png

#1 and #3 ARe the same. The dolphin encounter is just that an encounter... YOu get to touch the dolphins, hug them, kiss them and get splashed.

#2 You actually swim/snorkel with 1 dolphin. You get to hang on to the dorsel fin and get pulled, or hold on to their flippers and get a belly ride.

#4 You Basically get the same as #2 but no snorkelling, there are 2 dolphins, you have lots more interaction with the dolphins, and the dolphins will give you a foot push out of the water, kind of like at seaworld. This is also the most expensive one.

You can check out the website to verify the above info and get prices etc.... www.dolphindiscovery.com I personally booked the Royal swim (#4) throught this website.

My friend and I will be there at the end of March, and I tried to book the Dolphin Adventure tour through Dolphin Discovery last week. Unfortunately it was already full for the two times I could have done it. So I'd advise anyone to book early if they want to avoid disappointment. I was so looking forward to playing with the dolphins, but looks like I'm going to have to wait till next time. Of course, it doesn't help that there will be 7 ships in port that day. :eek:

Hey grits when are you going to be in Coz? I will be there March 28th. I just booked our dolphin excursion with dolphin discovery last week. I actually inquired about it in Nov......and Finally booked it last week. Sorry to hear it was full. :(

Hey grits when are you going to be in Coz? I will be there March 28th. I just booked our dolphin excursion with dolphin discovery last week. I actually inquired about it in Nov......and Finally booked it last week. Sorry to hear it was full. :(

We will be there the day before you.....with 6 other ships including the huge Freedom of the Seas. Right now, I am waiting to hear back from the Discovery people, because I asked if either of the other two dolphin excursions they offer are available at a time that will work for us. I'm afraid everything is going to be way crowded, with all those extra people in port that day. I hope you enjoy your dolphin swim! (I know you will!!)

My DD and I will be in Cozumel in May. She wants to swim with the dolphins. If you book through Dolphin Discovery.com, will they provide transportation from the cruise ship dock? They have a package available that includes entrance to Chankanab Park, entrance to the Sea Lion Show, Dolphin swim adventure, and sea lion swim. It sounds like a pretty good deal. If I choose to not swim, will I still be able to watch my daughter and take pictures? Is the tour through Carnival the same thing? Is it safer to book the tour through the cruise ship? So many questions....so many decisions!!!! Thanks for any input. :)

Archived