Questions on going to Hell & Beaches; enough time for both?

Mach1

Hi, can you tell me about HELL, GC?

We want to go to Hell on our own then hit a beach for some relaxing before going to the ship. Is this possible? I have heard the road is slow going; would we have enough time to get to Hell and back to a beach? Do taxis go up that far? About how much would it cost?

Thank you so much for your help!

Unless your ship is in port for a very short time or there is problem tendering you should be able to do both. If you are short on time take a taxi.

We caught the local bus(US2.50/pp) and went to the Turtle Farm($12/pp entrance and the kids loved it) and then another bus(same price) to Hell and then another bus to the 7Mile Beach area(Cemetary Beach area) and then another bus to the port but then only had a short time for shopping(plus we were a bit tired).

Hell should only take you about 30min.tops once you get there for photos and buy a few Hell souvenirs,etc. It is NOT a big place with lots to do.

I never found the traffic too slow. It is not a freeway or anything, so unless there is a major major accident, I do not think it would ever be jammed with traffic.

Have a great time.

mayrashke - Thank you for your help that is exactly what I wanted to know!

Will I be able to get another bus/taxi at hell or will we have to have one wait for us?

Turtle Farm sounds fun, can you tell me a little about it?

You should have plenty of time, unless, as posted above, you are in town for an extremely limited time.

IMO HELL is worth about 5 minutes! Don't plan your day around it. You just walk over, look at some sharp jagged rocks, that's it. There's a few shopping spots and you can mail a postcard from HELL if you want.

The Turtle Farm was kind of interesting, just different sizes of turtles in large tanks, a gift shop, a few snacks. You can hold a turtle for a photo op if you want. Warning; I did read on these boards, after we'd been there, that this is not a turtle sanctuary or a zoo, but that the turtles are raised for consumption. I don't know if this is true or not, but it might make a difference for some people. It's probably not worth more than 30 minutes or so unless you have kids with you.

I've been to Grand Cayman twice and never noticed that the traffic was particularly slow, but we weren't in a hurry. I believe if you went to Hell and the turtle farm first (they're along the same road), you could be dropped back off at the beach on the way back to the ship. There aren't that many roads and the tourist route pretty much takes in all three areas.

Archived