Savona Highlights?

Hi everyone -

We are going on a Costa Cruise out of Rome in March (on Concordia) and its first port of call is Savona. We haven't booked an excursion as of yet wanting to make sure we get to the ship in one piece (i.e., not miss our connecting flight/etc.).

Is there anything at all to see in Savona? What about shops/quaint restaurants/etc.? Everything I have read to date suggests it is nothing more than an industrial port. There are a few sites that talk about an old fortress (Priamar) and a church that are worth seeing.

Given how packed the rest of our Med/Egypt cruise itenerary is, we were thinking maybe just about relaxing and touring Savona if there is anything to see/do/eat/etc. there.

Any insight would be appreciated -

=-CCM

Hi Everyone -

I guess this means there is nothing to do in Savona? Bummer... was hoping not to have to take an excursion to be able to see sights/etc. Seems a bit odd that Costa stops here other than to pick up more passengers. You'd think there are so many other ports of call they could stop in other than Savona.

=-CCM

Archived