snorkling with the turtles

mommybunny21

Hello.Would you please advise me as to the whole turtle experience with a 6 year old ,who can swim, but has never snorkled. Is this a disaster waiting to happen?

If (s)he can swim, (s)he can snorkel. Probably better than most adults.

Check him/her out on snorkel gear in a pool at home, or on board the cruise ship.

He/she can learn to use the mask and snorkel in a bath tub.:)

If you're going to Barbados, use Silver Moon. They're a five star operation. They'll take good care of your 6YO.:

http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm

• 2 months later...

We went on a turtle snorkel in Barbados, it was great!!! My son still talks about swimming with the big turtles. We went on a Catamaran....cant remember the name. Had a wonderful time

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter just turned 5 when we spent a month in Florida. We decided right before our cruise to purchase snorkeling equipment for all of us except our 1 year old. My daughter tried it a few times adn off we went on our cruise. While in Mexico we all went snorkeling and she took to it in the ocean better than in the pool. Of course I had her wear a vest but she could not get down to see all the fish like her new 6 year old friend was doing. With a prayer on my lips i took it off (BTW she can swim), and she was like a fish in water. OMG! she still talks about it to this day! and she is mad that we are not taking her on the big boat!!!!(we are going on a cruise w/o kids in a few months)

Archived