Pineapple Resort not accepting teens?

San-D-Beach

I just called the Grande Pineapple Resort to inquire about day passes for my husband, two tenenagers (ages 13 &16) and myself for the beginning of April. We will be arriving in Antigua on NCL Dawn. The rep who answered the phone informed me that they may not accept my children to the resort. He said it is adults only. I was under the assumption that children were considered 10 and under. Does anyone know the policy on this? Or have had trouble in the past? We were all looking forward to playing some tennis. He told me to call back tomorrow and ask for a certain individual to see if they would make an exception.

Please let me know if anyone has information about this.

Thanks!

I just called the Grande Pineapple Resort to inquire about day passes for my husband, two tenenagers (ages 13 &16) and myself for the beginning of April. We will be arriving in Antigua on NCL Dawn. The rep who answered the phone informed me that they may not accept my children to the resort. He said it is adults only. I was under the assumption that children were considered 10 and under. Does anyone know the policy on this? Or have had trouble in the past? We were all looking forward to playing some tennis. He told me to call back tomorrow and ask for a certain individual to see if they would make an exception.

Please let me know if anyone has information about this.

Thanks!

Hi,

The website now clearly states:DAY PASS FOR ADULTS ONLY

http://www.allegroantigua.com/english/daypass.phtml

I reserved our day passes back in November/early December and I don't remember seeing that information then. We will be on the DAWN on 2/18 and are cruising with 2 17 year olds.......now I'm not sure if I should say anything about their age when we arrive. I'm sure the girls look old enough. Good luck, an I hope they will allow you to bring your children.:)

I just spoke to the person in charge of day passes at the Grand Pineapple Resort. She said it was no problem accepting my two teens (13 & 16) to the resort for the day. She said she would send me an email confirmation. I also asked her about the water sports available. She said the only WS equipment that is included in the resort is snorkeling equipment. All other water sports are serviced by independent renters on the beach. Another big issue I addressed was transportation to the resort. She told me that there will be a taxi dispatcher in the port when we get off the ship. The rate is $28.00 for 1-4 people (one way) It is not $28.00 per person. She also said the best way to get a taxi back it to go to the desk at the resort and have them call a taxi for you. If you tell the original taxi driver who brought you there to come and pick you up at a certain time...sometimes they forget or get caught up on another job and never show up to pick you up.

Hope this info helps!

Archived