Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

You seem as if you are an experience cruiser. I need help!!! My hubby and I have decided to take the inlaws on the conquest for Christmas. He is disabled and she is obese. Will they be restricted as to what they can do. I dont want to embarrass either of them Thank You

I tried to email you a couple of the capers but it was returned to me. Is there a way I can post the capers into a post instead of emailing? Thanks!

I am not sure how you would do that besides creating a new post.

that was my work email so you can send it to lesliejfulton@yahoo.com

thank you sorry for the inconvenience

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise on 9/9. We're signed up for the Sandals Mo Bay excursion. Has anyone been there before? What's it like? What do you recommend? Also, how do you find your transportation to your excursion? All the excursions we picked indicate there will be some form of transportation that will take us to our excursion. Is this pretty easy? Thanks for your help!

My wife and I will be going on our first cruise on 9/9. We're signed up for the Sandals Mo Bay excursion. Has anyone been there before? What's it like? What do you recommend? Also, how do you find your transportation to your excursion? All the excursions we picked indicate there will be some form of transportation that will take us to our excursion. Is this pretty easy? Thanks for your help!

Me and the GF are doing the same except during the sailing leaving on 9/23.

I suppose there's a bus at the end of the pier with signs for Sandals. When I went on my cruise to Alaska, there were buses at the end of the pier with signs for the different excursions that required transportation to them.

A couple we know got married there earlier this year and the picture from that event made me want to be sure to sign up for this excursion.

The cruise terminal in Montego Bay is very well managed. After you leave the ship you will enter the terminal. You will see roped queues for the excursions. When your van/bus/shuttle is ready for boarding it will be announced. Security will check you tickets and direct you where to go. It is very simple and painless.

I am in the process of emailing my capers to this website -- thanks for the suggestion!

Enjoy!

ConquestBride2B, I tried to find your capers on the Cruise Dailies website, but they have not been posted yet. Can you please email them to me at efmarek@yahoo.com?

We are sailing on the Conquest on 10/28/07 and we have a lot of first time cruisers that don't know what to expect. The capers would be great for them to see all the fun they are going to have. Thanks in advance.:)

dh & i are looking at booking our 2nd cruise...and 2nd on conquest. first time we went with no kids. we are considering taking kiddos this time.

dd-17, ds-13 and ds-will be 3 by then. i hate the idea of taking the little one honestly. but don't have much of a choice. any ideas/suggestions for traveling with him on this ship? how is camp carnival?-for the younger ones?

also, there will be 5 in our party....but we want 2 rooms. dd will be 18 then, so i don't mind putting her and ds 13 in own cabin together. very responsible kids. can a toddler be booked in a balcony without having a suite?

thanks.

can a toddler be booked in a balcony without having a suite?

thanks.

I do not know if you can book you and your husband and the baby in a balcony. I suppose it depends on which one you had in mind. The ship deck plans usually indicate how many are allowed in each cabin.

Even if your balcony only allowed 2, I think you could work around that by booking on paper one adult and one child in the balcony and in the other cabin the other parent and the other 2 children. Then when you arrive, just put the parents and the toddler in the balcony and the other kids in the other cabin. The toddler could sleep on the sofa or you could bring a playpen, sleeping bag or something for the toddler. Or, just ask for a rollaway for the toddler.

How much are drinks onboard the ship? I see you can purchase drink coupons online (4 for $20). Is it better to buy a few coupons beforehand or are they the same price if you purchase them on the ship? This is our first cruise and we're really excited.

Not sure how much the drinks have gone up since last year, but the foo foo drinks ranged from $6.25 to 7.50 plus the 15% gratuity. Now they are cheaper if you refill your souvenier glass or get it in a regular glass. My DH used the coupons for drinks at the bar in regular glasses (at $5.50 ea) with no problem. Don't think they would cover the cost of the souvenier glasses. If you do the math - 4 tickets for $19.50 (including gratuity) you can save a few dollars with the coupons. (about 1 dollar per) Don't use them for beers, you will lose money! I also do not think you can purchase on board. Ours was in a Bon Voyage gift package but you can purchase in advance and they will deliver them to you the first night.

Does anyone know what the typical menu items are for the Chinese place?

My entire family LOVES Asian food:p

Last year they changed the entrees daily. I ate there maybe twice and it was ok. Not as good as a real authentic chinese restaurant but passable. To be honest I can't remember any specific selections, :o maybe if you do a search you can find a sample menu.