Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I do not know if you can book you and your husband and the baby in a balcony. I suppose it depends on which one you had in mind. The ship deck plans usually indicate how many are allowed in each cabin.

Even if your balcony only allowed 2, I think you could work around that by booking on paper one adult and one child in the balcony and in the other cabin the other parent and the other 2 children. Then when you arrive, just put the parents and the toddler in the balcony and the other kids in the other cabin. The toddler could sleep on the sofa or you could bring a playpen, sleeping bag or something for the toddler. Or, just ask for a rollaway for the toddler.

Thanks very much for your response. I had thought about that as well.

Anyone have any experience with Camp Carnival and pre school kids?

thanks!

dh & i are looking at booking our 2nd cruise...and 2nd on conquest. first time we went with no kids. we are considering taking kiddos this time.

dd-17, ds-13 and ds-will be 3 by then. i hate the idea of taking the little one honestly. but don't have much of a choice. any ideas/suggestions for traveling with him on this ship? how is camp carnival?-for the younger ones?

also, there will be 5 in our party....but we want 2 rooms. dd will be 18 then, so i don't mind putting her and ds 13 in own cabin together. very responsible kids. can a toddler be booked in a balcony without having a suite?

thanks.

They do have balcony rooms for 3 & 4 people. We have booked it twice on the Conquest. If you book early enough, you can get an inside cabin righy across from the hall from the balcony room for your 2 older children.

can a toddler be booked in a balcony without having a suite?

thanks.

Yes a toddler can be booked in a balcony room. We were in a category 8B on empress deck with my 20 month old. We had room 7217 and it was great, we were just to the side of the bridge so were able to see the crew everyday. My daughter loved going out on the balcony to wave at them each morning. The room had a sofa that can be converted for your son.

:rolleyes: You'll definately want to be in "church-type" clothes or better. It's very posh, warm, beautiful and the food is presented so nicely, it'll blow your mind. It's a do not miss this in my book.

What is the dress code for "The Point" restaraunt??

Has anyone ever used the internet Cafe on the conquest and what is your opinion.

Thanks

Salena

It's just like on all cruise lines using a satellite connection, slow. So use patience and buy a package deal. If staying in touch is important, just spend the money and do it.

It's just like on all cruise lines using a satellite connection, slow. So use patience and buy a package deal. If staying in touch is important, just spend the money and do it.

I appreciate your comment, I am going to be on VACATION and would prefer NOT to have to use the computer but where I work is due for a state survey around that time ( should not have booked a cruise during this time but you don't know when they will arrive, thought they would have been over by now) so I need to check in every once in a while!!!!

Again Thanks

Salena

Has anyone ever used the internet Cafe on the conquest and what is your opinion.

Thanks

Salena

I liked to use the internet for short "updates" to the kids who we staying wit my mom/dad at home.

(Even $.75 a minute is better than $2.49/min for phone!):rolleyes:

If you watch the Carnival Capers, you can find out when they are having some discounted prices. They are usually at odd times, but nice because I really didn't want to buy a package as I only needed abouot 20 min so I opted to just pay by the minute. When they had specials, like half off of your internet time, you could just tell the internet cafe worker and half of my used minutes for that tme we taken off.

The cafe itself was nice, and not usually crowded, and was able to walk in an immediately get a computer. It is hard to find, and yo have to go through the cigar bar to get to it.....Wierd, I know.

Please let me know if you get the capers posted at cruisedailys.com

Thank you!

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I just wanted you to know that I responded to your email but it failed to reach you. My email server gave me a permanent error; unable to find host.

Do you have another email address???

Mach

I liked to use the internet for short "updates" to the kids who we staying wit my mom/dad at home.

(Even $.75 a minute is better than $2.49/min for phone!):rolleyes:

If you watch the Carnival Capers, you can find out when they are having some discounted prices. They are usually at odd times, but nice because I really didn't want to buy a package as I only needed abouot 20 min so I opted to just pay by the minute. When they had specials, like half off of your internet time, you could just tell the internet cafe worker and half of my used minutes for that tme we taken off.

The cafe itself was nice, and not usually crowded, and was able to walk in an immediately get a computer. It is hard to find, and yo have to go through the cigar bar to get to it.....Wierd, I know.

Thanks that is really wanted I wanted to know if I could just go and use internet just to check in on work and not really take too much time, but just in case they NEED some thing inportmant. Again appreciate your response...

Salena

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I just wanted you to know that I responded to your email but it failed to reach you. My email server gave me a permanent error; unable to find host.

Do you have another email address???

Mach

Yes, sorry about that...It's my username at yahoo

Thanks so much for the information, i really appriciate it!:)

Thanks that is really wanted I wanted to know if I could just go and use internet just to check in on work and not really take too much time, but just in case they NEED some thing inportmant. Again appreciate your response...

Salena

I also did the by the minute. They offer packages, like $55 for 100 minutes and there was another one that was higher. There were 2 times during the cruise that they offered half price usuage for 3 hours, once in the morning and the other time was in the evening. They were a couple of days apart so if you can wait for them it will save a few $$$$. Only have to wait 10-15 minutes one time to use a computer.

Hi gang, :)

The Internet Cafe on Conquest has Wifi which works in the adjacent Alfred's as well. I have not used the ship's internet service but I would imagine that those bringing their Wifi ready laptop could avoid any wait during hours when a special is offered.

Can someone who has cruised in the last couple of weeks tell me what time the Conquest departs from Cozumel and what time we have to be back on the ship? I have seen 2 different times and I need to know the correct time so I can plan the Royal Dolphin Swim on my own and know how much time I will have left to get back to the ship. Thanks in advance.