Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Has anyone stayed at Harbor House the night before the cruise? How much do they charge for parking during your cruise? How far is the walk from there to the ship?

I haven't stayed at the Harbor House - yet, but will prior to My Feb 10 cruise. We booked Sat night prior to cruise for $97 with AAA discount and was told cruise parking would be $20 extra for the week. I understand the walk is a few blocks. We have several people staying there on our cruise and will probably take luggage and most cruisers over early, return to park and the drivers then walk over.

Long story...to save you the trouble of reading....were you on the October 7 - 14 cruise...did you book Sandals as an excursion???

Now....Please, someone give me some advice.

We booked the Sandals excursion thru Carnival ($190 couple). We had six couples. Took the bus to the resort, as soon as we stepped in, started pouring rain. We did not get an orientation of the property..didn't even see any of the property other than the pool. Only entertainment offered was "Name that Tune"...which really wasn't much of entertainment. We made the best of it, but certainly wasn't what we anticipated.

When we got back to the ship, we talked to a couple that said they had also booked the Sandals resort. They were about 15 minutes behind us. They rode the bus to the resort, received orientation, and then it was announced that they were cancelling, everyone got back on the bus, they returned to the ship and received a full refund. When we heard this, we went to the tour desk to ask why we had not been offered a cancellation, they said they were not able to handle those questions on board and to call Guest Relations when we got home. I did that on Monday, Oct 15. I told them we did not expect a full refund since we did have drinks and food, but would like some kind of "good faith" refund since we did not have the choice to return. Said I would receive written response in 2 wks. No response was rec'd, I called again and was told they were talking with shore excursion manager and would hear soon. Again, no response. I called today and was told that no refund would be offered. The tour manager said they extended an offer to cancel and received no response from participants. Guest relations would give us a $25 on board credit for next sailing.

Now, I'm mad....I told them I could accept a decision of no refund a lot easier had they said, sorry, you were there, no refund. But, what infuriates me is that the tour manager said offer had been extended! I asked to speak to someone higher up. The manager Amanda Lopez, said she was the end of the line, she had consulted with her manager and no other discussion to be had! She said they could not control the weather and that was just how it was. Refunds and cancellations are not offered for the weather. Now, I've caught someone in a lie. I said, you just told me that tour manager offered cancellation. When we left on the bus, it was not raining. Why would he offer for weather, when weather was acceptable when we left? She said they had documentation from both tours...neither tour was refunded or cancelled. I told her I had talked to someone who had been refunded and she said basically...too bad.

The person I talked to was the same man (bless his heart) who had a dizzy spell due to high blood pressure (I think) and fell in the pool area and cut his head. (Maybe someone knows the name of this person so I can give them his name.)

Advise please!!!!

Ok, it is count down time . . . 3 weeks from Sunday and I am off on my first cruise.

Has anyone ever stayed in room 8324? I know it is under the Lido, and I have heard there may be some chair scraping overhead. Any other problems that you noticed? I am excited about the balcony.

Ok, it is count down time . . . 3 weeks from Sunday and I am off on my first cruise.

Has anyone ever stayed in room 8324? I know it is under the Lido, and I have heard there may be some chair scraping overhead. Any other problems that you noticed? I am excited about the balcony.

We stayed in 8322 (inside) and heard the chair noise only one morning. It is not chair scraping becasue I went up on deck early one morning and the crew member was launching the chairs so it was more like chair throwing. Other then that we loved it. It was our first cruise also and being midship may have helped with the sea sickness. I liked the location, close enough to the elavators and if they were busy only a walk up one flight of stairs to the Lido deck. No other problems that we noticed. You will have a great time.

We were in 8315, and only heard the scraping in the early evening when we were getting ready for our dinner (we had the late seating). Actually it sounded a little like thunder, but not bad at all. We LOVED the balcony. Ours was the last one that had the overhang above so we had more privacy than some of the others. We were also protected from rain (which we had a lot of on our cruise) and could enjoy the balcony even in the storms.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Anyone ever stayed in cabin 8450???? It's an aft balcony under the lido...? Hubby and I are taking our honeymoon finally (thanks to Iraq lol we're just now getting it 9 months after the wedding!!!) and we leave in just a few weeks..can't wait!!!!!!! :)

We're going on the December 30 Conquest. :D I'm interested in a shore excursion in Montego Bay. Any suggestions?:confused: Anyone know anything about the Bamboo Beach Club? :confused: I'm also trying to find out info on the

Rose Hall Beach Resort but the Carnival Web Site doesn't have any

informations on this excursion. Any help would be appreciated.

Are either of these excursions appropriate for a 7 yr old?

We are flying in to IAH and I am wondering what is the best way to get to Galveston? I was thinking of two different ways. The first--highway 8 to 59 to 610 then to 45 to galveston. The second--highway 8 all the way to 45 then to galveston. Does it make much difference? How is the speed on 8. I would assume that the closer you get to downtown it is more congested. What do you all think.

We are flying in to IAH and I am wondering what is the best way to get to Galveston? I was thinking of two different ways. The first--highway 8 to 59 to 610 then to 45 to galveston. The second--highway 8 all the way to 45 then to galveston. Does it make much difference? How is the speed on 8. I would assume that the closer you get to downtown it is more congested. What do you all think.

If you are sailing on the Conquest you can take I-45. Traffic isn't bad on Sunday going from IAH through downtown Houston. If you are sailing on Ecstasy on a Monday or Thursday departure you will want to avoid I-45.

The main lanes of beltway 8 are not completed between IAH (texas 59) and I-10. Only the frontage roads are in place. You will have traffic signals, but my experience is that you can make good time using this route. You will pay a toll to cross the Jesse Jones bridge over the ship channel south of I-10.

"highway 8 to 59 to 610 then to 45 to galveston" This route is not suggested. 59 often is worse than 45. If you want to go from IAH to 610 without issue, you should take the Hardy tollroad.

You definetly want to avoid taking 45 the whole way!! But it seems like you already know that :) Traffic through Houston can be ridiculous!!!!! Beltway 8 is a toll road..but a pretty good option. I've never been backed up on the beltway (8). I think I would probably take 8 all the way to 45..that puts you around all the really bad traffic. I think that 59 is ok most of the time but I think 610 can get congested. Not too sure on those though because I don't drive them much!

We're looking to book a cruise for the end of May, or first week of June. As you can tell from my sig. This will be my second Carnival cruise, the fist being in 2001. I'm not sure where to find info on the staterooms, good vs bad location,and deckplans with staterooms listed. Am considering 06-01-08 cruise. Cabins listed on CCL site in the cat we want are 8455,8442,7445,7440,6452 Since most are listed as having wraparound balconies, I'm assuming they are aft cabins. :confused: What gives? On RCCL, aft balconies are hard to come by. Can someone point me in the right direction and maybe share some info on these cabins, and location, noise etc. I'm sorry for rambling. I feel like a fish out of water on the CCL site, but know that once I get my barings, I'll be ok. I'm ready for a cruise out of my favorite embarkation port.

Thanks in advance

Brenda from okla.

I found it. Yes, I'm blonde:D Ok, considering booking 8455,an aft corner wrap around 9A. Anyone stayed here? I'm surprised at the number of aft balcony cabins available just short of 6 months out. Is there a problem with this location? One more thing. The price quote for two of us, pre paying tips, standard ins. no air, or transfers. is 3643.12. Good rate or not so good?

Brenda

We are arriving on Saturday and going on the Conquest on Sunday. With that in mind, sorry I did not specify, should I still take 8 all the way to 45? Or does it matter on Saturday. I have no real interest in going through Houston. I know how things can back up. Quicker to Galveston the best!!

We are arriving on Saturday and going on the Conquest on Sunday. With that in mind, sorry I did not specify, should I still take 8 all the way to 45? Or does it matter on Saturday. I have no real interest in going through Houston. I know how things can back up. Quicker to Galveston the best!!

You will receive a different opinion from everyone that reads this. I live north of Houston. My wife works downtown and commutes each day. We are very familiar with the local traffic patterns. On the weekend you do not have to worry about large traffic jams in downtown Houston. You can take the beltway around but you will encounter lights if you go east from the airport, or delays at toll plazas if you go west. You will also drive many needless miles out of your way. On the weekend you are far more likely to encounter delays in the Clear Lake area along I-45 south. These delays are far more difficult to avoid.

At any rate Houston offers an excellent "real time" traffic website. Watch it for a few Saturdays and make up your own mind.

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/