Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

What is an area called Cafe Fans ont he conquest?. I am crusing on the conquest on may 4th and cant wait.

Cafe Fans is their "starbucks" not a starbucks nut you can get the designer coffees and desserts there. "for a nominal fee".

What is an area called Cafe Fans ont he conquest?. I am crusing on the conquest on may 4th and cant wait.

My wife and I went to the "Starbucks" twice daily and she was the only employee that actually called us by name and remembered exactly how we wanted our coffee. She transferred to another ship when we got back.

have any of you smuggled any beer on with you? I saw they have Bud Lite in plastic 16 oz. bottles at wal-mart.

Just a report on my own question now that we are back.... I took 24 16oz “PLASTIC” Bud light bottles in my checked bags. They arrived safely to our room by 1pm and my room steward kept them on ice all week in an ice chest I brought my wife’s Cape Code fixings in. I tipped him $15 bucks right off the bat. I ask him how often people do this and he said out of the 16 rooms he takes care of at least one cruiser per week, sometimes more. I also bought 5 or 6 buckets of beer on deck as well at $19.50 for 4 16oz aluminum bottles.

Just a report on my own question now that we are back.... I took 24 16oz “PLASTIC” Bud light bottles in my checked bags. They arrived safely to our room by 1pm and my room steward kept them on ice all week in an ice chest I brought my wife’s Cape Code fixings in. I tipped him $15 bucks right off the bat. I ask him how often people do this and he said out of the 16 rooms he takes care of at least one cruiser per week, sometimes more. I also bought 5 or 6 buckets of beer on deck as well at $19.50 for 4 16oz aluminum bottles.

Oh yea, I wasn't trying to give you "CRAZIES" any ideas....:rolleyes:

Where did you find transportation to Galveston? I found a few places but 200$ for 40 miles seems extrem. We are 4 flying into Hobby anyone that can help us would be appreciated

supershuttle.com charges $100.00 one way for up to 10 people. This is the cheapest I have found for our group of 7.

We will be in cabin 8296 - anyone stayed in one close by? How is the balcony?

We were in 8365, it's an inside so I can't comment on the balcony, but you are right at midship and it seemed pretty quiet where we were at. PLus you are right where all the action is. One small stairwell away from the Lido deck. You will have a lot of fun.

Oh yea, I wasn't trying to give you "CRAZIES" any ideas....:rolleyes:

Oh, you don't have to give us crazies ideas. Heck, we'd amputate a leg just to have a hollow place to stow away some swill. I think we got ourselves covered.

Roger,

I was under the impression you were flying to Hobby. After the cruise ends, I have the super shuttle coming to the ship and going back to Hobby. We are 6 people and if 4 more people go, it's only $10.00 per person. SorryI misunderstood. This is the May4th-11th cruise.

Lets make 1 thread that is nothing but Conquest only questions, and that way everyone whom has a question about the Conquest, can go straight to this thread, without searching lots of other thread for information!

FABULOUS....... All but the fact that you are a Tony Stewart Fan..... frown...... Go Jeff Gordon..... Now that I got that out of my system. Does anyone know who will be the Cruise Director on the Conquest for the September 7, 2008, cruise? This will be our first cruise and we are hoping for a great CD. Also, on another thread someone mentioned that you can bring a case of bottled water on board with you. Does anyone have any information about that. My reason for asking is that I drink bottled bottle but add the sugar free sweeteners to them which are not available on board. Any suggestions on this????

I don't think the rotation for September is up yet. The CD list up to June only just came out, so you may have to wait a little while yet.

I haven't tried bringing bottled water onboard since it takes up too much space that my shoes want! :rolleyes: Someone will probably answer that soon.

Hey everyone - I was on the conquest in September. I have capers, TONS of pictures (check em out - http://sgr818.dotphoto.com and go to cruise pictures you'll find onboard the ship pics along with pics from the 3 ports). I'd be happy to answer any questions ya'll have! Happy sailing!

Just the person I want to talk to. We are cruising the Conquest on September 7, 2008, and I was wondering how the weather was that time of year. Also, do you have capers you can send? lbroyles@cityoftulsa.org I am so excited about this cruise. My first. We will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary. Too many questions, not enough brain cells right now. Arrrggghhhhh!!!!! It's like walking into a Wal-Mart and forgetting everything you came to get. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Hey everyone! I will be sailing on the carnival conquest Sept. 30. I will be on the panarama deck room 1041. First question, has anyone stayed on that deck, and if so did they enjoy it? And I am 23 and will be on my honeymoon, does anyone have any suggestions for fun things to do. Should I book my excursions through Carnival, or independent? Where can I find the roll call for this cruise?

Honey if you need suggestions on what to do on your honeymoon.... Just kidding. Congratulations. We are going on the Conquest Sept 7 for our 3rd anniversary. Have a great time and Have a wonderful life together.

We are going on our first cruise on the Conquest on September 7, 2008, and I want to get a hammock in MoBay. Does anyone have any suggestions or information on about how much we will pay and where the best place to get one is? Really want to get the hammock as a gift and one for ourselves. I can't wait for shopping. Also, is Sunset Beach the one with the water park? How do we sign up for an excursion there? Does anyone have any info about that?

Hey everyone! I will be sailing on the carnival conquest Sept. 30. I will be on the panarama deck room 1041. First question, has anyone stayed on that deck, and if so did they enjoy it? And I am 23 and will be on my honeymoon, does anyone have any suggestions for fun things to do. Should I book my excursions through Carnival, or independent? Where can I find the roll call for this cruise?

My wife and I just got back last month on the Conquest and we had room 1042 on Panorama. We loved the deck and you can read our comments on the Roll Call thread for the February 17th, 2008, sailing. We did some cool stuff on the islands but I would no longer recommend Sandals resort in Jamaica. I posted on the Jamaica thread for that one along with others.

Sorry, have to disagree with the nascar fan (?) Although Gaido's is family owned and does contribute to Galveston Island's history, it is NOT a place I would recommend for your overnight stay on this wonderful island. There are many, MANY other places. I would definitely stay on the seawall just for the fun of it, it is fun to watch all the people and activity along the famous seawall all day and into the evenings. I don't know your price range but there is also a Galveston favorite- The Commodore. It is older but still very nice and convenient to everything and has a certain style to it. It sits right on the seawall with all rooms facing the ocean. You also have the San Luis, the Hilton, and there is a new Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort. If you don't want to stay on the seawall then there is the neatest hotel on the harbor called Harbour House Hotel. Doesn't look like a hotel but it is really a neat place and you can wake up and look out the window and see the harbor and if you're on the left side you can even see your ship docked! Make sure you visit the Strand Historic district.

Nothing against Gaido's- just would not recommend it, it is old, has a musty smell and needs major renovations.

Has anyone ever stayed in the Flagship Hotel? It is the hotel located on the pier. We are booked there for Sept 6, 2008 for our Sept 7 cruise. We don't have to worry about the port of galveston parking cost because my husband is a disabled veteran and our parking is free at the Port. We lucked out on that one. Any reviews on the Flagship?

I haven't actually stayed at the Flagship, but it's reputation is not good. Go onto tripadvisor.com and you will see the reviews for it. It is old and has not been maintained.

Conquest either has hair dryers in the room or you can request one from your cabin steward. But they are the kind you have to hold down the button continuously on. I bring my own as well as a multi-outlet surge protector, because I think there is only one outlet in the room

I tried to do a search but it was unavailable. I think we've had some recent geocachers on this Western Carrib route?

Any good finds? Any suggestions for Cruisers as far as what would be best with limited time? This is my first cruise & I am also fairly new to caching, but I'd love to get an international!!

(FYI: Geocaching is where you use gps to find things...)

As you can see I'm leaving asap & I just thought I'd check I don't know by looking which ones would be convenient and/or safe for me to try and get.

Thanks!

Andrea

You can find almost anything to do with Galveston and cruising on galveston.com, then go to "things to do" and click on cruising. There are suggestions for hotels that actually let you park for free while you cruise, or parking lots to make a reservation at early and save money. Also have you all heard that in 2009 the Conquest will be going to Key West, Freeport and Nassau Bahamas..... I believe it starts in March 2009.