Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We did have a mini bar/refrigerator. We cleared it out, put everything on the shelf and put our own drinks in it. I didn't look at any of the prices on the stuff since we didn't buy any of it.

Never looked at the room service options either so can't help you there.

Thanks for all of the information you gave me. It helped our cruise be alot easier. You ready for some TCU football? I know I am.

Has anyone heard anything more about the next 90 day customs check? We're trying to get a feel for if it will fall on July 6th or the 13th.

I'm positive now that it falls on the 13th because I booked a 1000 a.m. shuttle from the port back to the airport and I got an email yesterday from the transportation company rebooking me to the 1130 shuttle.

Not a big deal since my flight doesn't leave until 1:30 p.m., but it makes me wonder if they are used to the Conquest schedule and know an early departure off the ship isn't happening that day.

I don't know if this has been covered... I have to admit, I haven't read through all of this thread!

I tried searching for "dress" in the Carnival folder, but the search mechanism wasn't working for me.

I am trying to decide what to bring as far as more formal dresses goes. How formal are the formal nights?

I want to wear something pretty and fun, and I don't want to spend tons of money to buy anything too fancy anyway.

According to anyone's knowledge or experience, do you think one or both of these dresses would be appropriate?

Short watercolor dress... http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3119508&cp=2843536.2903751&parentPage=family

Long Black and White dress... http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3104782&cp=2843536.2903751&parentPage=family

Thank you! :)

((Conquest 8/3/08 :) ))

Is this something new? I don’t recall any ‘hot’ items being available on the breakfast room service cards (other than toast and coffee).

Sorry, guess I was thinking of the Voyager. I know they did have hot on Conquest at one time.

I don't know if this has been covered... I have to admit, I haven't read through all of this thread!

I tried searching for "dress" in the Carnival folder, but the search mechanism wasn't working for me.

I am trying to decide what to bring as far as more formal dresses goes. How formal are the formal nights?

I want to wear something pretty and fun, and I don't want to spend tons of money to buy anything too fancy anyway.

According to anyone's knowledge or experience, do you think one or both of these dresses would be appropriate?

Short watercolor dress... http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3119508&cp=2843536.2903751&parentPage=family

Long Black and White dress... http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3104782&cp=2843536.2903751&parentPage=family

((Conquest 8/3/08 :) ))

honeynewbies,

Either dress would be fine for formal night, although the black and white dress gets my personal vote if you want to look a little more formal. You will see those who are really dressed up, those who "don't do formal night", and everything between.

I leave in 7 days on my first cruise!!

Question about food/drinks- i know drinks aren't included but have been reading all meals, cold room service is included.

Is the "coffee/dessert" bar not included in price?

what places do i pay for food and what is free? deli/sushi/ice cream etc-

so if i get hungary in mid day- do i have to pay since its not a meal time?

Question about food/drinks- i know drinks aren't included but have been reading all meals, cold room service is included.

No regular coffee, juice and so forth are still free. You can visit any one of the grills, fish and chips and pizza places which is also included. Really the only thing you will need to pay for as far as food/drink is alcohol drinks, soda and if you go to the point resturant. As far as I know the rest is yours for the eating. Oh yes ice cream is free. You will have a great time, enjoy your cruise!!

They have a little kios that is like a starbucks that have special coffee and big ole peices of cake that cost extra if you want that other than that all the food that you want should be free unless you go to the supper club and it cost an extra $30 each but it's worth it.As far as a mid day snack they have the hamburgers hotdogs and all the fixins ice cream and yogart anytime and the 24 hour pizzaria or room service anytime

Thanks so much for the replies- i have been doing so much reading its all running together!!!

I keep seeing both sides of the line on drinking the water- what are ya'lls opinions? i plan on bringing a case of water for myself and wife, and a soda card for me.

Thanks so much for the replies- i have been doing so much reading its all running together!!!

I keep seeing both sides of the line on drinking the water- what are ya'lls opinions? i plan on bringing a case of water for myself and wife, and a soda card for me.

I just drank the ships water and it as good as any other tap water IMHO.

I pulled out my old capers and it had on it; oriental fare from PC Wok, fresh sandwiches from Paul's deli, steaks and burgers from The grill and seafood from Sue Mer's. If you go hungry than if would be your fault :D

Make sure you check out Sur Mer's which is a good sea food place which I think is on deck 10. Also make sure you go to the pursers desk and get you a couple of the little fold out deck plans which shows you where everything is at.

I pulled out my old capers and it had on it; oriental fare from PC Wok, fresh sandwiches from Paul's deli, steaks and burgers from The grill and seafood from Sue Mer's. If you go hungry than if would be your fault :D

Make sure you check out Sur Mer's which is a good sea food place which I think is on deck 10. Also make sure you go to the pursers desk and get you a couple of the little fold out deck plans which shows you where everything is at.

I don't remember seeing any steaks at the grill I could have missed it I seen burgers, hotdogs, fries,and nachos yum yum

Guest carlogesualdo

I think it's at 3:45, with sail-away immediately following. Be sure to watch out for Grampa and Cousin It. ;)

Someone may have already posted this question , but how soon is the munster drill ?we are looking foreward to cruise in Feb, and dont want to miss sail-away.

I have never been to the "munster" drill. Can I be Herman?:p :D :rolleyes:

((Conquest 8/3/08 :) ))[/quote

I think the black and white one. IMO Go for it!!! How often do you have the opportunity to dress in formal wear? My DH and I enjoy dressing up for formal nights. The dress, jewelry, hair, makeup and of course pictures, it's all what we look forward to. We never dress formal (just church clothes) at home. It is so much fun for us, it's one of the many things we enjoy while on a cruise. You will see very formal and less formal, it's strictly a personal preference. We also enjoyed the food on the Conquest, always very good! Have fun!!!!

I don't remember seeing any steaks at the grill I could have missed it I seen burgers, hotdogs, fries,and nachos yum yum

I took it straight from my capers. I thought I remembered seeing some grilled steak sandwich thingys along with the burgers. Always got the burgers. Maybe someone can confirm this?

hopeh - your second link didn't work. I am sailing on the conquest next april and I plan ot dress up as if I were going to prom or something. Of course now days prom dresses are toned way down. I'm talking something with sequins!! I think your first dress is pretty but it looks like something I would wear in the dinning room on an average night. I say go for it and, most of us don't get the chance very often.

I took it straight from my capers. I thought I remembered seeing some grilled steak sandwich thingys along with the burgers. Always got the burgers. Maybe someone can confirm this?

It's not on the menu, but you can order a Philly Steak Sandwich at the grill and they will fix it for you. They were fixing a lot of them on our cruise and also on the Glory which is the sister ship to the Conquest. Travelgirl