Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I have a inside booked for 7/19. Just found out that this room only accomodates 2 people (no problem here only my DH and I). I was just wondering if the room is smaller than other inside rooms? It is 2205.

Thanks!!!

What category is this?

does anyone know if the showers in the conquest category 1A have doors or shower curtains on the shower?

I am wondering whether or not to take my handy clothespins to "weigh dow on" the curtain or if there will be a door on the shower.

thanks

melissa

Hello All:

I have booked cabin 2271 for a cruise in 2010 and my DM and DFIL are looking to book also and I'm trying to help them select a good cabin. Does anyone have +/- feedback on #2271 or any other 6B or 6C on Riviera or Main decks? Away from noisy areas, etc.

Thanks so much for the feedback & help!

does anyone know if the showers in the conquest category 1A have doors or shower curtains on the shower?

I am wondering whether or not to take my handy clothespins to "weigh dow on" the curtain or if there will be a door on the shower.

thanks

melissa

curtains. I always bring my clothespins. :) you can also use them on clothesline in bathroom. handy for clipping towels to the chairs on our balcony also.

Anyone have any input on the "aft" cabins on the Conquest? We just got an upgrade to cat. 8-F, cabins 7446 & 7448 across the very back on the Empress deck. I understand the cabins are bigger and have an extended balcony. Is there a down side? Noise etc.

Thanks,

Doug

thanks

melissa

Let's go to the other end of the spectrum, do the showers in category 11 and 12s have shower curtains or doors?:D

Elena

I've asked this elsewhere, but did not understand the answer--how do you attach the shoe thingies that have a lot of compartments in them in the bathrooms? Someone said they have velcro--is there velcro on the bathroom door? Do they have just one hole for only one hook or are there two holes and two hooks on the bathroom door. Am thinking of getting one (maybe) and just have no idea how to hang it. Guess I'm not too handy!

(sob) Elena

I've asked this elsewhere, but did not understand the answer--how do you attach the shoe thingies that have a lot of compartments in them in the bathrooms? Someone said they have velcro--is there velcro on the bathroom door? Do they have just one hole for only one hook or are there two holes and two hooks on the bathroom door. Am thinking of getting one (maybe) and just have no idea how to hang it. Guess I'm not too handy!

(sob) Elena

The one I purchased and use faithfully had two hooks included which fit perfectly over the bathroom door. I hang it on the inside of the bathroom door.

[quote name='douglinc@msn.com']Anyone have any input on the "aft" cabins on the Conquest? We just got an upgrade to cat. 8-F, cabins 7446 & 7448 across the very back on the Empress deck. I understand the cabins are bigger and have an extended balcony. Is there a down side? Noise etc.

Thanks,
Doug[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I don't think the cabins are much larger but the balconies are deeper. Noise should not be much of a factor - you have cabins above and below you. I think you get more noise if on Verandah due to Lido above (chair dragging noise, etc.) and I have heard trash sometimes ends up on balcony from people above throwing things over. We are trying the cabin at very back on starboard side this year. Had a friend that got "upgraded" on his balcony guarantee rate and it had a much larger room and longer balcony than standard balcony cabin. He had no complaints, and we didn't notice engine vibrations when we were in it, so thought we would give it a try this year.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=cruisin'4fun;20259780][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]I don't think the cabins are much larger but the balconies are deeper. Noise should not be much of a factor - you have cabins above and below you. I think you get more noise if on Verandah due to Lido above (chair dragging noise, etc.) and I have heard trash sometimes ends up on balcony from people above throwing things over. We are trying the cabin at very back on starboard side this year. Had a friend that got "upgraded" on his balcony guarantee rate and it had a much larger room and longer balcony than standard balcony cabin. He had no complaints, and we didn't notice engine vibrations when we were in it, so thought we would give it a try this year.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Hello,

I am not very familiar with this ship but I will be sailing on the Conquest 9/20/09. We are booked in a category 8F on the spa deck. I was told it had a basic balcony - 35 square feet. I hope you are right and the balcony is deeper.

[quote name='Julie Koefoot']Hello,

I am not very familiar with this ship but I will be sailing on the Conquest 9/20/09. We are booked in a category 8F on the spa deck. I was told it had a basic balcony - 35 square feet. I hope you are right and the balcony is deeper.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Sorry Julie, but the cabins and balconies on the Spa deck are just the regular balcony size. The deeper balconies are on the back of the ship. Empress deck has some mid ship that are [I]wider[/I], as are the ones on sides in back on Upper, Empress and Verandah. If you check the deck plans on the Conquest at carnival you will see what I mean. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We booked kind of late this time. We requested early dining but because we booked late our dining says "waitlist"...any idea what that means or if we will have trouble getting early dining once we get on the ship?

Thanks!
Wendy :)

You will find out about your time when you board. If you get the wrong time go to the Maitre d as soon as possible and request a change. You will most likely get one. We've done it twice.

elizabeth

[INDENT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]Call Carnival or your TA and ask to be moved to "our time" dining. Conquest offers it. I had our TA call and request it for us yesterday. It took just a few minutes and showed up on our reservation at carnival right away as confirmed. This way we can go early or late as our schedule permits. :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/INDENT]

When I watched the Samantha Brown Freedom cruise they did a Breast Cancer walk. Can someone tell me they they do this walk on the Conquest?? If so can you tell me when? cause I want to make sure we don't miss it....:)

We booked a year in advance and our dining time still showed "waitlist". Eventually it showed "late seating" which is what we requested. Keep checking and it will probably change.

If you do the "anytime" dining you will eat in a seperate dining room than those with specific early or late seating. We had late and were in the Monet ant the back of the ship. Anytime was in the Renoir.

I'm trying to do some advance planning. I would like to maybe self-assist so we can get off early and be on our way. We have a 5-6 hour drive and kids have school the next day. But, I don't want to have to be off first and at the crack-of-dawn. Can you self-disembark any time after the call or must you go immediately? Thanks for your help.:)

[quote name='mrsjoey']When I watched the Samantha Brown Freedom cruise they did a Breast Cancer walk. Can someone tell me they they do this walk on the Conquest?? If so can you tell me when? cause I want to make sure we don't miss it....:)[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]They have been doing it the last sea day, Saturday, on the Conquest. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lovintravelin']I'm trying to do some advance planning. I would like to maybe self-assist so we can get off early and be on our way. We have a 5-6 hour drive and kids have school the next day. But, I don't want to have to be off first and at the crack-of-dawn. Can you self-disembark any time after the call or must you go immediately? Thanks for your help.:)[/quote]

We got off the Conquest Sunday and did self assist. They called for deck 2 first around 8 a.m., then 15-20 minutes later called for decks 11, 10, 9 and 8. About 30 minutes later they called for deck 7. And about 30 minutes later they called for decks 1 and 6. We could have gotten off anytime after they called our deck. If you're in a hurry, the fastest thing to do is grab a porter as soon as you get off the ship. They'll load your luggage on their cart and take you to the porter line.........which is [B]way[/B] faster than the other line.